Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Seige, Announced!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Migol ISN'T a Kyrie at all, but a Dwarf. THAT is out of left field.
Actually, with the map Migol's Tomb, I'm surprised I didn't make the LotR connection.

EDIT: Geez, page 126...Maybe Truth should hold off on those pictures or the servers might break

2013, Still alive.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, Announced!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Last minute hopes: (just in case, and it would indeed be sweet if they revealed something today. )

Braves And Brawlers:
-Native American Indian Squad
-Gladiator Squad (originally I was more for pirates but after the convincing leak I have some for-sure doubts)

Dwarves And Repulsors:
-Dwarf Squad
-Some kind of Soulborg squad, either Vydar's or Omnicrons /

Dividers And Defenders:
-Ullar Protectors
-Aquilla Moon Tribe

Heroes Of The Moon: (This one's sort of tough, they can do whatever with this one so I stayed general)
-Heroes relating to some of the Wave 9 Squads
-Aquilla Heroes
-Marro Warlord (concept art)
-Maybe a Vydar Hero

After actually doinng that list out, finally, I have a lot of Ullar. But I like it, he needs more competative units anyway.
I'm sooooo glad most of those predictions came true (they were off of a lot of top speculations, though, so I'm not taking most of the credit). Although I think the wave could have included more figures of the needed generals and have more Aquilla especially, it looks like one of the funnest and best. The variety of figures takes the cake IMO, there's not one pack that I could say, "Well, this unit's kinda random or not needed just yet".

After seeing this wave's descriptions I do hope Wave 10 consists of mainly Aquilla and Vydar figures, that may be (depending on the general's of these units turn out) the best in the lines of catching general's figure totals up.

Okay, what did I miss? Is there actually some official news flash of what general gets what? I tried going back a few pages but this thread has ALOT of speculation and misinformation. If there is something concrete could someone please repost it for me?

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Seige, Announced!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal0fan117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Migol ISN'T a Kyrie at all, but a Dwarf. THAT is out of left field.
Actually, with the map Migol's Tomb, I'm surprised I didn't make the LotR connection.

EDIT: Geez, page 126...Maybe Truth should hold off on those pictures or the servers might break
Yha I want pics, but I think that we got our treat for the month, more to speculate before we see, making it interesting.

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Last minute hopes: (just in case, and it would indeed be sweet if they revealed something today. )

Braves And Brawlers:
-Gladiator Squad (originally I was more for pirates but after the convincing leak I have some for-sure doubts)

Dwarves And Repulsors:
-Dwarf Squad

Dividers And Defenders:
-Ullar Protectors
-Aquilla Moon Tribe

Heroes Of The Moon: (This one's sort of tough, they can do whatever with this one so I stayed general)
-Aquilla Heroes
-Maybe a Vydar Hero

After actually doinng that list out, finally, I have a lot of Ullar. But I like it, he needs more competative units anyway.
I'm sooooo glad most of those predictions came true (they were off of a lot of top speculations, though, so I'm not taking most of the credit). Although I think the wave could have included more figures of the needed generals and have more Aquilla especially, it looks like one of the funnest and best. The variety of figures takes the cake IMO, there's not one pack that I could say, "Well, this unit's kinda random or not needed just yet".

After seeing this wave's descriptions I do hope Wave 10 consists of mainly Aquilla and Vydar figures, that may be (depending on the general's of these units turn out) the best in the lines of catching general's figure totals up.

Okay, what did I miss? Is there actually some official news flash of what general gets what? I tried going back a few pages but this thread has ALOT of speculation and misinformation. If there is something concrete could someone please repost it for me?
Oh so sorry, I forgot to add "just the units, not their generals". Editing.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wave 9: Blackmoon's Siege, First Post has Update 5/6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Braves And Brawlers:

Dwarves And Repulsors:
-Dwarf Squad

Dividers And Defenders:
-Ullar Protectors
-Aquilla Moon Tribe

-Aquilla Heroes
-Maybe a Vydar Hero

Oh so sorry, I forgot to add "just the units, not their generals". Editing.

All official information is in the first post.

Everything else is speculation or dwarves.

DWARVES!
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Knight_Of_Einar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames View Post
I don't know if this information has already been disseminated, but WAVE 9 contains 1 UNIQUE pack Heroes of the Moon, and 3 common packs Dwarves and Repulsors, Dividers and Defenders, and Braves and Brawlers.

Here are the descriptions from each pack:

Braves and Brawlers: The Mohican River Tribe lie in wait, blend in with their surroundings, and pick off their approaching enemies with pinpoint accuracy. But face to face, they truly come alive, fighting with furious might. The Capuan Gladiators are ready to charge forward at their leader’s side to land the first blow of any battle. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Dwarves and Repulsors: Stout and fearless, no opponent can intimidate the Axegrinders of Burning Forge. Determined and calculating, they sweep over the battlefield and lay waste to all manner of beasts and villains. Only the Soulborg can defeat the Soulborg. Therein lies the power of the Omnicron Repulsors. With Repulsors on your side, you will shutdown your opponents’ Soulborg traitors. This pack includes 7 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Dividers and Defenders: The ranks of your Marro Dividers are seemingly endless. Your opponents try to cut them down, only to see them duplicate and come back stronger than ever! Ullar’s elite Protectors are masters of teamwork. They patrol the skies and strike fear in even the most powerful heroes with focused attacks from lethal crossbows. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Heroes of the Moon Tribe: Migol Ironwill swings his dwarven war hammer with earth-shattering might. Brave Arrow of the Mohicans stealthily tracks down his foes. Atlaga soars high and carries the deadly Bolt of the Witherwood. Kumiko, trained in the lethal art of ninjutsu, savages enemies with a barrage of flurrying blows. Marro overlord Tul-Bak-Ra uses his advanced alien powers to teleport himself - and his troops – across the battlefield. This pack includes 5 painted figures and 5 army cards.

Lots of yummy HeroScape goodness for the summer

We'll offer these sets for pre-release ordering right after WAVE 1 arrives.
Here you go Toad Rocket

Great Traders - Padlock, Colnago, Archiver, Tai - pan
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
After seeing this wave's descriptions and thus getting a basis of what general they'll fall into, I do hope Wave 10 consists of mainly Aquilla and Vydar figures, that may be (depending on what the generals of these units turn out to be) the best in the lines of catching general's figure totals up.
I keep wondering if there is a 3rd Master set in the works, with Vydar and Aquilla. It just seems like such an obvious hole currently. (My notes, above, though do give a few more units to Aquilla--though, we'll see how accurate I am.)

And there is still the possibility of Vydar Dwarves (he is tunneling in the mountains, right?).

Of course, it is also worth saying that the factions are clearly not meant to be "balanced" in any exact sense. Some generals are supposed to be better at summoning than others; some seem to be pulling in more of the same units, rather than more diverse units, etc.

The game seems designed to have a nice uneven equilibrium to it, which I kind of like (except that Vydar is on the low end--I'd prefer someone else there...).
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Background reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gladiators_from_Capua

and of course:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahican

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames View Post
I don't know if this information has already been disseminated, but WAVE 9 contains 1 UNIQUE pack Heroes of the Moon, and 3 common packs Dwarves and Repulsors, Dividers and Defenders, and Braves and Brawlers.

Here are the descriptions from each pack:

Braves and Brawlers: The Mohican River Tribe lie in wait, blend in with their surroundings, and pick off their approaching enemies with pinpoint accuracy. But face to face, they truly come alive, fighting with furious might. The Capuan Gladiators are ready to charge forward at their leader’s side to land the first blow of any battle. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Dwarves and Repulsors: Stout and fearless, no opponent can intimidate the Axegrinders of Burning Forge. Determined and calculating, they sweep over the battlefield and lay waste to all manner of beasts and villains. Only the Soulborg can defeat the Soulborg. Therein lies the power of the Omnicron Repulsors. With Repulsors on your side, you will shutdown your opponents’ Soulborg traitors. This pack includes 7 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Dividers and Defenders: The ranks of your Marro Dividers are seemingly endless. Your opponents try to cut them down, only to see them duplicate and come back stronger than ever! Ullar’s elite Protectors are masters of teamwork. They patrol the skies and strike fear in even the most powerful heroes with focused attacks from lethal crossbows. This pack includes 6 painted figures and 2 army cards.
Heroes of the Moon Tribe: Migol Ironwill swings his dwarven war hammer with earth-shattering might. Brave Arrow of the Mohicans stealthily tracks down his foes. Atlaga soars high and carries the deadly Bolt of the Witherwood. Kumiko, trained in the lethal art of ninjutsu, savages enemies with a barrage of flurrying blows. Marro overlord Tul-Bak-Ra uses his advanced alien powers to teleport himself - and his troops – across the battlefield. This pack includes 5 painted figures and 5 army cards.

Lots of yummy HeroScape goodness for the summer

We'll offer these sets for pre-release ordering right after WAVE 1 arrives.
I see gamebreakers....FLYING SHOOTERS?!?!?!?!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If there ranged attack is a special, it shouldn't even be too game affecting.
Other wise, I suspect they have a low attack.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
After seeing this wave's descriptions and thus getting a basis of what general they'll fall into, I do hope Wave 10 consists of mainly Aquilla and Vydar figures, that may be (depending on what the generals of these units turn out to be) the best in the lines of catching general's figure totals up.
I keep wondering if there is a 3rd Master set in the works, with Vydar and Aquilla. It just seems like such an obvious hole currently. (My notes, above, though do give a few more units to Aquilla--though, we'll see how accurate I am.)

And there is still the possibility of Vydar Dwarves (he is tunneling in the mountains, right?).

Of course, it is also worth saying that the factions are clearly not meant to be "balanced" in any exact sense. Some generals are supposed to be better at summoning than others; some seem to be pulling in more of the same units, rather than more diverse units, etc.

The game seems designed to have a nice uneven equilibrium to it, which I kind of like (except that Vydar is on the low end--I'd prefer someone else there...).
I'm not wanting all of the generals to be prefectly dead even, it just won't happen unless they get to a point of releasing the same amount of units from each general in every new set, which I'm not for (I like mainly all bad-guy, good guy, marro, soulborg, one general, etc. sets). But I think we can all agree each general needs new recruits from newer sets to make it suit everyone, you don't want to just discontinue his/her recruit amount completely to reach an overall amount you want. Like right now, I think Heroscape should mainly focus on Aquilla, Vydar, and Ullar units. But I still want them to create more Einar, Jandar, and even Utgar units just not as many newer ones (right now). Let Utgar players be happy with new units, but at the same time let Aquilla players actually be able to play (or, be happy too). Same thing goes for unit factions inside of the generals, like orcs, marro, elves, etc.

I'd also really like to see the next set(s) devoited to mostly Aquilla and Vydar units. If the third (and if it even comes out or is in the making) master set comes out soon I'd love it to be that.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah!!! Gladiators, Indians, marro, a possible kyrie for Vydar, and a counter to Q9!

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News