Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 20th, 2020, 02:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Savage Dragon ~ Public Testing

He's my design and yet I had to look up Prowl to see what the interaction was. lol

Looks like this aspect is the cause for concern:

After revealing an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, instead of taking a turn with that Army Card you may take a turn with Savage Dragon.

That is a perfect pairing with Cap, as you can get his bonuses going without ever putting him at risk. It's also why he likes Prowl at the same time, as his missiles also require a revealed OM on his card but are otherwise a free action. Unless we start making several Lawman with a revealed OM on their card as a trigger for a passive power, he's just always going to be better with others.

Would limiting that interaction to lawman be thematically okay?

After revealing an Order Marker on any Lawman Army Card you control, instead of taking a turn with that Army Card you may take a turn with Savage Dragon.
Old September 20th, 2020, 05:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'd make it Lawman or Vigilante as those are probably his two most thematic pairings.
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

From Capt Redbeard!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Savage Dragon

Army Test
Map: Fire Isles
Units: Savage Dragon, Commissioner Gordon, Bodyguard, Beat Cops VS Cloak, Dagger, Moon Knight
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Fire Isles
Units: Savage Dragon, Captain America, Code Blue Officer VS Ronan, Kree scout(x6)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Overall I really liked Savage Dragon. Because of his lack of range and not being a flying figure I tried to put him against armies that either had range or that couldn’t be pinned down to exploit his weaknesses. Obviously neither army worked and he was victorious. I think that he might be able to punch way above his point value at the moment as I think you’d need a heavy hitter to counter him. I’d maybe raise his cost, but admittedly that is the part of custom units that trips me up most.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Savage dragon was an absolute monster in both games and with his abilities I can see him being drafted into any army. His high stats overall combined with his healing ability makes him a constant threat even when the opponents attempted to get range on him. Savage Punch was a game changer as well, having 8 attack die melts anything that isn’t shielded or a figure with high stats.
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:13 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Alright so it's interesting that My test I thought he was a bit weak, Tornado's was pretty darn balanced, and then LV and Capt Redbeard are showing him to be a monster.

My first suggestion was going to be to cut the first part of reluctant officer, since the Captain America cheese is a bit strong. But I like YK's suggestion better of limiting it to lawmen.

Otherwise I'm not convinced we should pump up his points all that much, since I think he's relatively comparable to Wolverine. Sure Wolverine has no "leader" ability, but better healing and much higher offensive potential per round. A little higher sure but much higher and I think we'll start making him unusable.

If 8 attack is too much we could cut his SA down to 7. I just like 8 as literally 4+4. I would definitely use the double attack more often then, but 7 would still have it's uses depending on your target.

Any other thoughts?
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ll be honest, Reluctant Officer having the 2 different effects has felt a bit superfluous to me since the beginning. Not really opinionated on it, but if we’re looking at potentially cutting it, that’s my .
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:34 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I apparently played him with 5 life now that I look at it. Don't think it was super relevant in game 1 as he was overkilled, and obviously game 2 he survived. The Special Attack was mostly used for getting by defensive powers, so the double showed up more often for me (especially since I usually had him at 8 normal attack anyway). Limiting it to Lawmen would go a long way I'd say.
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:40 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’ll be honest, Reluctant Officer having the 2 different effects has felt a bit superfluous to me since the beginning. Not really opinionated on it, but if we’re looking at potentially cutting it, that’s my .
My worry is he wouldn't be useful enough without the first part. If he'll still be a good draft without it, that's great.

I assume you'd rather cut it then limit it, correct?
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think the reluctant theme comes across stronger if he only picked up unrevealed OM's after an ally was wounded or KOed. Taking a turn on OM1 when the marker was revealed on another card seem more like ego-tripping. Cutting that line would wipe out most of his strongest test results too, so I'd think you could just pass him at that point. If still concerned about price, the SA drop to 7 would be my next move. A SA of 8 can be really powerful when it lands, the once per round limit certainly helps keep that in check though.
Old September 21st, 2020, 05:07 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I have tests setup already so I'll wait to see the result of this and can adjust as necessary.
Old September 21st, 2020, 05:10 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I have tests setup already so I'll wait to see the result of this and can adjust as necessary.
I think the general consensus will be to cut the first line. Normally I'm good with streamlining as much as possible myself, anyway. As you are possibly the only other one here who has read any Dragon, I'd love your opinion on it too.
Old September 21st, 2020, 05:26 PM
C3G Landlord

If you cut the Cap team-up line completely, you could have Karat run him at 260/270 and see how he feels without that power at a lower price point. Would give him more room for Lawman allies if he came in a little lower.
Old September 21st, 2020, 09:24 PM
Now moves with Flying.

My biggest concern with just dropping it is does the movement really represent how he leads? I'd almost rather retool it a hair and make it to where you could move or attack. I think that would sell his leadership style a bit more anyways.

I do think the first line isn't strictly necessary anyways. Like it doesn't really showcase his leadership or his reluctance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library