Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 18th, 2022, 10:59 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Hopefully it will all be packaged separately, so we can choose wisely.
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think See Scape, Buy Scape will still be the motto of the day.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:17 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Still reading through this awesome thread so hopefully this hasn’t already been asked. When the new master set is released, will there be a simultaneous release of a wave of unit expansions? It would be nice to start collecting those common squads from the get-go? Assuming there will be common squads.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:24 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Still reading through this awesome thread so hopefully this hasn’t already been asked. When the new master set is released, will there be a simultaneous release of a wave of unit expansions? It would be nice to start collecting those common squads from the get-go? Assuming there will be common squads.
Nothing concrete has been said about specific release structure, other than some hinting by the designers that we likely won't see a traditional master set.

From over in the Prediction thread:
Spoiler Alert!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:24 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Can we get like a subscription setup? 2x every common and terrain and 1x every unique, it arrives at my doorstep the same day it is released?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:30 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
They have not answered any questions like that, but the hints they are giving us certainly are leading many of us to believe they will do a release that is somewhat like that.

--
--
--

--
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:34 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Can we get like a subscription setup? 2x every common and terrain and 1x every unique, it arrives at my doorstep the same day it is released?
With Hasbro it is very unlikely. I would love to do that with all the Hasbro lines I collect and would have been doing that for years with Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black series, Gi Joe Classified, and HeroQuest if it were available.

More likely, half the figures will be store exclusives and you'll have to drive all over town hoping today is the day Target put them on the shelf and scalpers didn't beat you to them. Or Wal-Mart sent their entire inventory to one store in the midwest so you have to live in Little Rock Arkansas or pay scalper prices. That's how it has been going for those lines.

Hopefully, for HeroScape, Hasbro will figure out a distribution network for FLGS type stores and won't have store exclusives. HeroQuest is about halfway there, I haven't seen any FLGS distribution, but there hasn't been any exclusive content yet either. Other than one figure expansion that was underproduced because they didn't anticipate the demand, it has been smooth.
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:45 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
More likely, half the figures will be store exclusives and you'll have to drive all over town hoping today is the day Target put them on the shelf and scalpers didn't beat you to them. Or Wal-Mart sent their entire inventory to one store in the midwest so you have to live in Little Rock Arkansas or pay scalper prices. That's how it has been going for those lines.
This is why I really liked the quote I saw posted on BGG (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/291...ilation/page/1)

Said to be from Chris Nadeua: "FYI - I love torturing scalpers and ruining their days, weeks and years."
Old August 18th, 2022, 11:51 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Quote:
This is why I really liked the quote I saw posted on BGG (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/291...ilation/page/1)

Said to be from Chris Nadeua: "FYI - I love torturing scalpers and ruining their days, weeks and years."
And other than the one set (Guardian Knight figure expansion) HeroQuest has been available for retail (on the web) to everyone. It would be great to see that continue for HeroScape.
Old August 18th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Quote:

And other than the one set (Guardian Knight figure expansion) HeroQuest has been available for retail (on the web) to everyone. It would be great to see that continue for HeroScape.
the Guardian Knight, and the Mythic content from the crowdfund campaign to be more precise.

Hasbro Pulse will be how players get the initial Heroscape offering. If they follow the way HeroQuest was handled, there will be exclusive content in the initial offering that won’t be retail available afterwards. I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with the guardian knight. There is a lot of ill will about that mistake.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Hasbro Pulse will be how players get the initial Heroscape offering.
Is this an assumption or do you have confirmation of this somewhere/somehow?

--
--
--

--
Old August 18th, 2022, 12:35 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As long as I can buy scape online through a pre-order system I'm happy. I have enough hobbies and visiting Target/Walmart every Tuesday morning isn't one of them. I see what the Transformers and TMNT communities have to go through and I want no part of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion