Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 17th, 2011, 05:26 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I thought it stayed quite well with the book. I didn't notice any serious veering until they started the battle at Hogwarts. And most of it was because key parts weren't brought up in earlier movies.

The only part that really irked me, and this may have been my imagination, I didn't see it well enough, was at the end when they showed Harry and his scar was gone.
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
The only part that really irked me, and this may have been my imagination, I didn't see it well enough, was at the end when they showed Harry and his scar was gone.
It was there, just more faint. I was looking.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 18th, 2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
It was there, just more faint. I was looking.
That's what I was hoping.
Old July 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

The Family and I went to see it at it's midnight premier(work Friday, sucked!).

1. We all really liked it and thought it was a fitting end to the series.
2. I didn't pay attention to run times going into it but I was surprised the movie wasn't longer.
3. If you are going to stay up to midnight and go to a crowded theater loaded with rabid fans of any film....shut the F***! up.
4. Maybe I am the only one, but did anyone else hate Hagrid just popping up tied up in the forest? I get why he was there from the books but it just felt visual jarring to me to see him there in the movie, they did nothing to set up for the scene, he was just...there.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Su-Bak-Na Jr. is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Spoiler Alert!
Movie was awesome... Best of HP easily.

They never actually showed Percy leaving in the first place, (5th movie was HORRIBLE) so go figure... And I wasnt under the impression that Lavender actually died, but I may have just misinterpreted it? Voldemort's baby soul- thing looked gross...

Please excuse this user's apparent ignorance - he started playing HeroScape several years later than you!
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I thought it stayed quite well with the book. I didn't notice any serious veering until they started the battle at Hogwarts. And most of it was because key parts weren't brought up in earlier movies.
Possible Spoilers below:

Let's start the list of the movies inacuracies that bothered me:

No one died in the Gringotts bank heist.

Harry did NOT reveal himself to Snape in a huge group of students.

McGonnigle fought snape alongside Slughorn, Flitwick, and Professor
Sprount. Not by herself. Also Sprout was completely missing from this movie?

Snape died in the Shrieking Shack, not at a boat dock.

A bridge was never destroyed in the book.

Harry never even went to the Ravenclaw common room, one of the most tense scenes in the book! Also Harry talked to Nearly Headless Nick about where he could find the Grey Lady.

Nevielle gave no corny speech, that instead is when he should have killed Nagini.

Voldemort doesn't feel when his Horcruxes are destroyed, ever.

The final battle took place in the middle of people. It also never involved any part where Harry pulled Voldemort into a chasm.

Ron and Hermione went to the Chamber without telling Harry, it was supposed to be a suprise that they destroyed the Horcrux by themselves.

End Rant

There are some more but they aren't as important to me as what I listed. Like I said I liked the movie, but these things are what diminished the expirience for me. :P

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry but to me most all of those are nitpicks and matter not at all to the story.

Quote:
Snape died in the Shrieking Shack, not at a boat dock.
Who cares unless you are leaving something out.

Quote:
A bridge was never destroyed in the book.
They gave Neville another moment to shine and a nice action/humorous spot.

Quote:
Voldemort doesn't feel when his Horcruxes are destroyed, ever.
Then I'm glad they added it - it adds an intensity to Voldemort's actions that he can feel the tide may be tipping.

Quote:
The final battle took place in the middle of people. It also never involved any part where Harry pulled Voldemort into a chasm.
Again, I'm glad, more action and the battle was about them and no one else and anything beyond the two of them fighting would have been a distraction.

Again, I don't care one whit how exact they are - often it's better to be faithful to the spirit and meaning of a book than to be faithful to the letter. See the Watchmen for a great example of such.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na View Post
Quote:
Possible Spoilers below:

No one died in the Gringotts bank heist.
You're wrong about that. Harry does look into Voldemort's mind in the book and sees him killing those still in the bank. The Death Eaters with him scramble as fast as possible when he starts killing...pages 548-550.
Old July 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM

@ Su-Bak-Na

Like I said, no serious veering until the battle, all but one of those happened during or after the battle.

Also, Sprout was in the movie, but she had a different get-up than she. It took me a while to realize it was her.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

I didn't see Sprout at all. Mrs. Wealsy seemed to be a replacement for her? Maybe I'm wrong, but I never once saw her.

I know I sound like a huge prick, but it just irks me. If I hadn't read the book recently I wouldn't have cared at all really.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM

The only time I saw her was right before the battle when Professor McGonagall was talking to Seamus and Neville. Sprout was standing next to her, and I think she helped with the defenses.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies