Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 18th, 2010, 12:33 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Heroscape Class, Part Duex (Hopefully)

Many of you might remember my "class" in which I taught Heroscape for a bunch of awesome local kids. You might also remember that I mentioned wanting to make it a weekly thing.

Well, that may come true. (Maybe, hopefully, possibly.)

My circumstances have changed; I'm living in town, close to a lot of things, namely, the library. I'm veryvery seriously considering starting up a group for local kids.

I intend to see how much, if anything, it costs to rent/use the library's public room. I'm going to tell the parents of the kids I taught last time what I'm doing, and to bring along anyone they can. I'm going to make some flyers and put them up places.

By God, this will get done.

I'm going to try and keep y'all posted on my happenings. If ANYONE in the Culpeper/Fredericksburg area wants to help me out, then send me a PM.

Wish me luck, all.
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:13 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Class, Part Duex (Hopefully)

Luck has been wished!

This sounds like a great idea. I just hope you are lucky enough to have your personal collection respected enough to stay intact.
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Luck has been wished!

This sounds like a great idea. I just hope you are lucky enough to have your personal collection respected enough to stay intact.
That would be my biggest beef with doing something like that. Kids destroy stuff. Observable fact.

I don't think HeroScape is HeroScape without EVERYTHING, and I would feel like I was cheapening the experience by say, just getting a few extra MS's for them to play with. However, I would probably kill anyone who squished a figure or put a fold in my cards. We've had a kid step on a card and crease it, some people throw some dice, and someone gave Darrak a black eye by flicking him across the room after he beat them soundly.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:17 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Luck has been wished!

That would be my biggest beef with doing something like that. Kids destroy stuff. Observable fact.

I don't think HeroScape is HeroScape without EVERYTHING, and I would feel like I was cheapening the experience by say, just getting a few extra MS's for them to play with. However, I would probably kill anyone who squished a figure or put a fold in my cards. We've had a kid step on a card and crease it, some people throw some dice, and someone gave Darrak a black eye by flicking him across the room after he beat them soundly.
Yup.

I constantly need to remind my youngest (7) to stop twirling Laglor's dice bag like a helicopter.

Drives me nuts.

I tell my wife that I understand that children destroy stuff but that's why they are trained on the cheap junk and are kept away from the good stuff until they have proven themselves worthy.
</IMG>
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

In the last class, they were pretty good about that. I didn't have anything serious happen.

I got in touch with the library, and they said it's free, but I need to get a number of people coming as soon as possible, because reservations fill quick. I'll be getting in touch with the parents of the kids I taught last time soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion