Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old October 17th, 2017, 02:32 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Contest Thread - 1 DAY LEFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I haven't had an opportunity to enter one of these contests yet...so I figured it was about time. Here are my submissions. Keep in mind, since I am a judge entering the contest, I'm forfeiting my voting of the scoring of the maps for the Top 10 (to avoid bias) and even if I make the Top 10, I will NOT be considered for the prize.

Ticallan Tower

Download
Nestled deep in the jungle forests of Ticalla, stands the remnant of an old Jandar outpost. Built to create a foothold for Jandar's forces, this tower was once the edge in the war that Jandar was looking for to gain control within the treacherous jungle. But as time passed and battles raged, the swamp began to take matters into it's own hands. Turning soft and uneasy, the ground along the tower floor began to crack and shift due to the weakening of the foundation. With the swamp subverting the towers base, the integrity of the structure was compromised and Jandar was forced to withdraw. Though forgotten, this overgrown, barren tower still hosts many great battles of Valhalla.

Barren Plateau

Download
Amidst the vast Mountains of Kyrien, rests a now barren plateau. The battle-hardened Minions of Utgar once dwelled here, but now only a dried, windswept ruin remains.
Interesting maps...... If I were to be concerned about anything it would be the restricted points of access between the start zones and the rest of the maps. It might make it a bit difficult to bring out your army and develop it. That's just a small concern though.

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 17th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm going to throw my map into the ring. My 1st ever submission. Sir Heroscape going to help with the upload. Your feedback is definitely appreciated.

I give you the....

Wastelands of Lud

Download
First came the quakes, that shook and buckled the land. Then came the ice, that froze the ground. Finally came war, which destroyed the world. But it wasn't always this way. Once there was the great city with roads and technology, but a wasteland is all that remains. But there are still some treasures left to be found and fought over, in the ruins of Lud.

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; October 17th, 2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added image and download for ericth74
Old October 17th, 2017, 03:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It doesn't look like I'll get a chance to build the map I created so I'll just upload what I created as is. Don't expect it to be everyone's cup of tea but it is a map concept I am really digging. Just give me a few minutes to get the files uploaded.
Old October 17th, 2017, 04:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The Cliffs of Turin

During the Age of Dragons, the Cliffs of Turin were home to a family of fierce dragons who hunted the surrounding lands. All the wise citizens of Valhalla steering clear of the area and passed their healthy amount of respect and fear for the cliffs onto their children and their children's children. The Age of Dragons is now long gone but the lands around the Cliffs of Turin still remain largely abandoned and unexplored. Only the occasional brave treasure hunter would head off into this wasteland to search for the dragons' rumored treasure piles, often never to be seen or heard from again. The War for the Wellsprings has changed this dynamic though, with representatives from every general being sent out to explore this area. Will they find new allies to recruit to their cause, long lost magic items to augment their forces with, or just an opponents soldiers searching those same cliffs?

Cliffs of Turin - VS file

Requirements: 1 RotV & 1 Castle set + 2 Treasure Glyphs placed on Glyph of Brandar locations.
Old October 17th, 2017, 04:26 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The Cliffs of Turin

During the Age of Dragons, the Cliffs of Turin were home to a family of fierce dragons who hunted the surrounding lands. All the wise citizens of Valhalla steering clear of the area and passed their healthy amount of respect and fear for the cliffs onto their children and the children's children. The Age of Dragons is now long gone but the lands around the Cliffs of Turin still remain largely abandoned and unexplored. Only the occasional brave treasure hunter would head off into this wasteland searching for the dragons' rumored treasure piles, often never to be seen or heard from again. The War for the Wellsprings has changed this dynamic though, with representatives from every general being sent out to explore this area. Will they find new allies to recruit to their cause, long lost magic items to augment their forces with, or just an opponents soldiers searching those same cliffs?

Requirements: 1 RotV & 1 Castle set + 2 Treasure Glyphs placed on Glyph of Brandar locations.
Reminds me vaguely of Turret Rocks! Cool map!

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The Cliffs of Turin

During the Age of Dragons, the Cliffs of Turin were home to a family of fierce dragons who hunted the surrounding lands. All the wise citizens of Valhalla steering clear of the area and passed their healthy amount of respect and fear for the cliffs onto their children and their children's children. The Age of Dragons is now long gone but the lands around the Cliffs of Turin still remain largely abandoned and unexplored. Only the occasional brave treasure hunter would head off into this wasteland to search for the dragons' rumored treasure piles, often never to be seen or heard from again. The War for the Wellsprings has changed this dynamic though, with representatives from every general being sent out to explore this area. Will they find new allies to recruit to their cause, long lost magic items to augment their forces with, or just an opponents soldiers searching those same cliffs?

It looks interesting, I wouldn't mind playing on it. What will probably hold it back, it that double spaced figures can't reach the top without flying.
Old October 17th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Forest Fire

Many years ago, a Marro colony once called the Malodorr Swamp its home. Time has passed and an earthquake has revealed the lava that lurked just below, allowing much of it to ooze to the surface. Threatened by the lava, the Marro colony has since abandoned this location, leaving nothing but the scorched Marro Hive as a remnant of the colony that once was.
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:17 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Had a little extra time today to sit down and put together another map.

Shattered

The weather on Valhalla is much harsher than most planets, so why anyone would try to build a stronghold in the middle of the Ticalla Jungle beyond comprehension for even some of the wisest architects. The constant acidic rain has since rotted away any semblance of the base that once was. Despite this, the Valkyrie generals have seen visions of great power within the overgrowth.

Requires: 1 SoTM, 1 BftU, and one TJ set

Note: The glyphs of brandar are treasure glyphs. Trap: roll a 20-sided die, on 1-5 all figures adjacent to a bush or tree and the figure who triggered the trap must roll a combat die, on a skull, take a wound. (Do not roll twice if you are adjacent to multiple bushes/trees. This trap does not "stack")

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12

Last edited by Angear; October 18th, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
The Cliffs of Turin

It looks interesting, I wouldn't mind playing on it. What will probably hold it back, it that double spaced figures can't reach the top without flying.
Double based figures can cross the stream without stopping though. That is a nice plus on this map, so plenty of incentive to still take Q9.
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:00 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Cliffs of Turin

Double based figures can cross the stream without stopping though. That is a nice plus on this map, so plenty of incentive to still take Q9.
While Q9 would still work ok on this map due to his range, I feel like other double spaced units (specifically melee ones) would be at quite a disadvantage. In addition, if one player has all double spaced units left and the other player has even just one unit left he can keep a unit on top of the fortress and make it impossible to end the game. Perhaps a Wannok glyph to prevent that from happening?

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:46 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's my submission. I haven't yet figured out how to make the handy files with the build instructions like you guys often do, but I think you should be able to figure this one out. I also made an online map for it.

Download
1x BftU, 1x TT, 1x VW
Glyph of Wind and Move +2 on level 2 snow.

Utgar's forces have been pouring into the Thaelenk Tundra for weeks now, and now lava seems to be pouring out of them. The melting ice not only has made the already hazardous expanse of land nearly impossible to traverse, not to mention the lava that Utgar's most powerful spellcasters have brought to the surface. Unless the Alliance Generals can thwart Utgar's plans here, it looks as though we will have a second wasteland on Valhalla, and rising sea levels to boot!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; October 19th, 2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added download link
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angear View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Cliffs of Turin

While Q9 would still work ok on this map due to his range, I feel like other double spaced units (specifically melee ones) would be at quite a disadvantage. In addition, if one player has all double spaced units left and the other player has even just one unit left he can keep a unit on top of the fortress and make it impossible to end the game. Perhaps a Wannok glyph to prevent that from happening?
When we talk about disadvantages to double-spaced figures, no one's really concerned about hurting Q9. He'll be good on pretty much any map. But like Angear said, figures like Grimnak, Krug, and Brunak are the ones that take a huge knock. And being able to cross a single-space stream is a very negligible advantage when you have ranged figures shooting at you from out of reach.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla