Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Werewolf Lord pre-release discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Tor-Kul-Na and Grimnak HATE this guy. HATE him.

All melee bonding armies take a hit, but those two in particular are really wrecked because those guys have to play at the front. You need to engage the WL with squaddies, but even then, I'd just disengage with the WL to get at the hero.
And Charos in the Greenroller. And, erm, Sir Dupuis. Finally, a counter to TheGuru...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

So this guy is a great counter to bonding armies (especially Greenscales) 4th Mass (as long as they have a unique hero with them) and strong heroes (ie. Q9).

I guess that leaves Stringers

Seriously, this guy sounds like a lot of fun.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Pretty nice powers. Stats a little lower than I expected, but since he turned out to be a darklord and you can field multiples, maybe they did that to not make Khosumet so outclassed? But I don't know...the one thing I don't like about the guy is that he *does* outclass Khosumet by such a fair margin that, well, Khosumet might as well be relegated to his pre-Wave 8 days. Bonding gave him the ability to actually be playable, but now I just can't see a use for him at all, unless you really really think the Werewolf Lord needs a boost to 5 attack, or you really want your Badru attacking for 4 every turn.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Glow-in-the-dark markers. Hilarious.

Can't wait to screw up many a 4th Mass/Bonding army with this guy. Can't believe Moon Frenzy is a 50/50 chance, that's cool. But I wish he had Unleashed Fury or something else going for him. Oh well, good stats and yet another recent "mess with the meta-game" power.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I think a key aspect in playing this guy is going to be using the Wolves as a shield. With his Lycanthropy power, he'll be a number one target, especially after a powerful hero is infected.

I like the idea of having a few of these in the same army. They can go around infecting things, and any one of them can take a turn with any infected hero, not just what they infected.

What was the deal with temporary control and leaving engagement? Can your figures hit figures temporarily under your control? If so, Knights and Wolves will be a ton of fun!!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
So this guy is a great counter to bonding armies (especially Greenscales) 4th Mass (as long as they have a unique hero with them) and strong heroes (ie. Q9).

Sorry, that's a no-go. Lycanthropy can't affect soulborgs or constructs (or other werewolves.)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Also, according to the way the power is worded, you could attack your own hero (preferably something with high life, heh) for the chance to make it a Hybrid, giving you greater potential for 2 turns at once.
But it says if an Opponents Unique Hero receives at least one wound...
Argh, you're right.
Hmm, so either they are leaving the possibility open to releasing Hybrid units, or allowing you to use your own Werewolf Lord to control Hybrid units that were bitten by an opponents Werewolf Lord.
Yep, that's how I see it. If your opponent bites one of your Heroes and changes his stats, then you could 'bond' with it.

If that's the case, I'm totally going to make a scenario where there are Werewolf Lords on both team (probably just one, but maybe two) and the rest of the team is made up of heroes, and they all start with the Lycan markers on them. That would be complete mayhem.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:28 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Pretty nice powers. Stats a little lower than I expected, but since he turned out to be a darklord and you can field multiples, maybe they did that to not make Khosumet so outclassed? But I don't know...the one thing I don't like about the guy is that he *does* outclass Khosumet by such a fair margin that, well, Khosumet might as well be relegated to his pre-Wave 8 days. Bonding gave him the ability to actually be playable, but now I just can't see a use for him at all, unless you really really think the Werewolf Lord needs a boost to 5 attack, or you really want your Badru attacking for 4 every turn.
Well, the Werewolf Lord does need to inflict a wound to drop a Lycanthropy marker. I think Khosumet gets a bit of a boost with this release, because he helps a wolf army, and the wolf army just got better!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So this guy is a great counter to bonding armies (especially Greenscales)
Agreed.

Quote:
4th Mass (as long as they have a unique hero with them)
I disagree. You just lead with the 4th Mass.

Quote:
and strong heroes (ie. Q9).
Lycanthropy can't affect soulborgs.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:

Sorry, that's a no-go. Lycanthropy can't affect soulborgs or constructs (or other werewolves.)
D'oh, you're right. Still, he's good against other strong heroes (Kaemon, Hydra, etc.)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Khosumet would be in different armies I think. You could have Khosumet with the wolves, but that's probably not as good as with the other werewolves. And this Lord is just much better with the wolves. I think the two would play so differently that it's hard to compare the two. But visually the whole army is just awesome.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

I'm not crazy about the sculpt but this guy is still one of my favourites. I don't like the mindflayer sculpt either but I'm still getting many VotLW packs. WoB finally get the bonding hero they deserve!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units