Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 7th, 2006, 09:12 AM

krai Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by krai
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from looking at his profile (which had no information and said he had no posts) i doubt he/she would care more then the fact that to steal more of our stuff he will need a new account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Yeah, banning this guy from the site is meaningless. He can still browse through the forums and see the cards he wants to steal. He just can't post anymore....like he ever did.

Hopefully he won't just start a new eBay account and do this all over again.
Welcome to the real world. Nothing will stop this type of theft from our community except our own continued vigilance. It is up to those of us that actually care about our community and HeroScape to take notice of these spyjackers when they attempt to usurp the hard work of those within this community that lend their talents to this game we all enjoy. This constant vigilance is not only the work of those that create for the rest of us, but those that use their creations, give feedback to their creations or simply read the new homebrew custom figures. If you go out to eBay and happen upon a card that looks even vaguely familiar ... report it on these boards! It may be that the seller is the member that created it and that is fine and dandy. However, like in this case it may be a stolen card and if so then we as a community can get in there and fight!

Now the accolades for Truth have been fairly abundant and very well deserved, but I would like to take a moment to recognize Skyknight for his vigilance and fortitude to find and help take this spyjacker down hard!

Here's to Skyknight and Truth ...

We are fighting them i have a plan :eat: i know the second 1 wont work well but we still have to try

The first step to stoping egomainia is admiting that I have a problem...
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runehardt
Wow - 7 pages of replies and over 1100 views in less than 48 hours. This post has got to be setting some kind of record!

Awesome detective work guys!

GREED sucks!

If you remember the last time this occured (or, if you weren't around), we had a few people who defended the criminal, and others who were apathetic holding an attitude of 'that's what you get for posting your stuff'. By this time in that thread, IIRC we were already on page 23. You couldn't read the thread fast enough to keep up. You would post a response to the last post and submit it only to find your post actually posted 3 pages later! There were a helluva lot of upset members. Many either pulled their creations, or at least thought very carefully about leaving them. Even today you will see copyrights on the homebrew materials which, in general, is fallout from that incident. The response to that incident back on HQ was indifference from the site owner, the mods did what they could but were not the site owner. Having a response from the site owner makes a very big difference to response in general!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
I am sorry but I think 'that's what you get for posting your stuff' is a misrepresentation of the old arguments.

The main point back then was did anyone posting their customs have a valid claim to copyright protection? HQ did not properly address the issue. This site does properly address the issue. Therfore, no disagreements from me, or anyone else it would seem.

Then, as now, I think the stealing of someone elses ideas is a weasel thing to do. The main difference is now truth is doing everything he can to protect from this kind of thing where then GW did not. So in this we are in total agreement.

The moral of my story? Let's let the issues of the past stay in the past and not try and apply them to the issues of today.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old August 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Don't forget Ebay does enforce IP/copyright violations. If you report it to them they will take the auction down without dealing with the seller.
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:45 PM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Wow thanks a bunch Malechi, you can probably guess I took this pretty personal.
Yes sir, you did. Keep up the good work admins!

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old August 9th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
Wow. What a scumbag. I can't believe it. Psh. Stealing people's customs? That's horrible... people put their time and effort into making those cards... You know what I say? I say we should steal something in return. Take one of his cards and sell it. See how he feels.
Okay, just kidding, but seriously.
It is offensive to me.

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:09 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
It is offensive to most people that are creative, me included. It is one thing to copy something (which if you are making it "your own" I think that is just fine we all need inspiration. But to "carbon-copy" something right down to the letter and call it your own is just dirty, and makes you a yellow bellied liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
Wow. What a scumbag. I can't believe it. Psh. Stealing people's customs? That's horrible... people put their time and effort into making those cards... You know what I say? I say we should steal something in return. Take one of his cards and sell it. See how he feels.
It is offensive to me.
Old August 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
It is offensive to most people that are creative, me included. It is one thing to copy something (which if you are making it "your own" I think that is just fine we all need inspiration. But to "carbon-copy" something right down to the letter and call it your own is just dirty, and makes you a yellow bellied liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
It is offensive to me.
Yeah, I agree... this is why I've never posted anything of mine

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old February 12th, 2016, 06:45 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Re: Want to meet a true scumbag, here he is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Anyways I was cruisin Ebay this morning when I came across a custom card. I instantly recognized it as one of Annerio's. I asked Annerios if it was his and as a matter of fact it is not. This dirtbag stole the card. I have seen this happen before but I still left him a nasty comment. I am almost willing to try and win this custom just so I can leave him a nasty feedback. Anyways here he is if you want to talk to him

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEROSCAPE-Custom...QQcmdZViewItem
hey, dont call someone else a dirtbag especially if you yourself were "cruising"
Old February 20th, 2016, 12:53 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

A long time ago I used to look at Heroscape stuff on ebay....that doesn't mean I went there and stole peoples intellectual property. It was a scumbag thing to do, folks who used to come to this site and rip off peoples creativity to make a profit off of it deserve to be labeled as such. Should I assume you were the culprit way back then? This was nearly ten years ago...but scumbaggery is a title that never really dies.
Old February 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nah, he just went on a drunken necro binge. Nothing to see here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 21st, 2016, 08:16 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I saw it later.... someone gets a little obnoxious when they are drinkin it appears

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion