Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Satanus (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
I think Mega sees the point, but just wanted to offer up suggestions in case we all wanted to keep to a standard.
From his last post, I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Quote:
Whether that be our own standard or the standard already set by classic scape.

We were just pointing out that as of right now there is no standard set. At present we just kind of randomly select a "species" from any of the taxonomic choices.
No. We've set a very clear standard on this one, and I communicated it to you all previously in a post. Whether you all choose to believe me or not seems to be a matter of some controversy.
I guess what I meant to say was that at present our standards are set on a design by design basis. Not on a scale that spans across C3G.

In other words. Right now we have some designs with the "species" text on the card listing their Class, while other list Order, and some list Family.

So while they are all biological references to a structure. They are not structured in reference to each other. So we (or at least I) was suggesting that we not forget that we can if we choose to, set the standards across all cards; instead of changing it up each time for what sounds best.

Which to be honest is not a bad way to go. It just feels weird to have a category on the card called "species" and not structure it so that it represents a real category (as in something that can be cataloged).

I'm definitely not saying the system is broken. I'm just saying "is this set up intended?"

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I think Mega sees the point, but just wanted to offer up suggestions in case we all wanted to keep to a standard.
From his last post, I'm pretty sure he doesn't.
I'm probably missing something in the conversation. It happens to me all the time.
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What I'm saying is that this particular choice has a direct precedent in the sanctum, and that we're going Tyrannosaurus Rex here, because that's the C3G precedent, and no other precedent is relevant.

Species, like Class, is an area where, barring heavy OCD, we have a bit of creative wiggle room whereby we can best express the theme of the card in a way that works mechanically as well. That may mean more or less specificity based on the design. It likely will not mean a rigid set of rules as to what absolutely can or can't be a species.

We don't do this scientifically. We do it artistically. That may lead to some inconsistencies here or there, but I believe it leads to a lot more fun and creativity overall.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What I'm saying is that this particular choice has a direct precedent in the sanctum, and that we're going Tyrannosaurus Rex here, because that's the C3G precedent, and no other precedent is relevant.

Species, like Class, is an area where, barring heavy OCD, we have a bit of creative wiggle room whereby we can best express the theme of the card in a way that works mechanically as well. That may mean more or less specificity based on the design. It likely will not mean a rigid set of rules as to what absolutely can or can't be a species.

We don't do this scientifically. We do it artistically. That may lead to some inconsistencies here or there, but I believe it leads to a lot more fun and creativity overall.
Okay then. It really bothers me but I have no control over it. Carry on.
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Yeah and I think that's a good direction to go when you can keep the theme or flow of the card paramount to the structure of the card. I was just showing that sometimes both directions can be taken. The theme can be captured "while" utilizing the most accurate representation of a structured "species" category.

But without more info on what you mad scientists are doing behind the scenes, there is no way tell!

At any rate it is a very small part of the design process and apart from being fun to debate does not really hold much weight when determining factors of play.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

To be honest I also dislike Tyrannosaurus Rex as a class, but what's done is done.
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
To be honest I also dislike Tyrannosaurus Rex as a class, but what's done is done.
Class, I thought we were talking about Species? Oh, hell now we have to start this whole conversation over again...

Old December 14th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Okay then. It really bothers me but I have no control over it. Carry on.
Now you get my point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 14th, 2012, 03:50 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi everyone,

I don't fully understand the class/species debate, but am I right that the latest is:

Dinosaur
Unique Hero
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Personally, I like the restrictions/benefits of Event Hero but I don't think it's appropriate for him.

I'd like 10 Life, 5 or 6 Defense, Unique Hero and then add...

EPIC TOUGHNESS
Satanus is never destroyed without first taking enough wounds to be destroyed. If a terrain rule or a special power on any Army Card, Glyph, or Destructible Object would automatically destroy Satanus, that terrain rule or special power instead inflicts 4 wounds on Satanus.

...taken from the Event Hero rules. He only has one power at the moment, so there is plenty of space.

As for the "mini", I'm taking the Henry Ford approach: Any colour you like, as long as it's black! Even I'm not expecting to get the "right" figure, but it NEEDS to be black on the card.
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:16 AM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!

Part of the reason he's also an event hero though is so he can't carry equipment glyphs. I mean how can he carry a gun with those stubby little arms?
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:16 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I take your point about glyphs. Maybe Event Hero is easier.

As for species, he is a Clone - so that might get around all the dino debate.
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I wish I had logged on earlier to squash this debate. If Bats says it is T-Rex, it is T-Rex, end of discussion.

It sounds like there is different feelings on Event Hero.
I would much rather make him an Event Hero then give him another power that affords partial Event Hero powers(and not the one I wanted, no Equipment Glyphs). It will be difficult to sway me from one power, so I do hope there is a chance of this. I could use either a Hero ruling or I will put it to a vote soon if need be.
I still do not see any comments on his only power. So much concern over the figure and species and no discussion on the mechanics of his only power.
I will get some more figure pics up this weekend.

Any more thoughts on a Life increase? I would like to see him at 9 or 10 Life and maybe if need be, drop his Defense from 7 to 6.

It would be great to iron this stuff out so I can propose an Initial when the original 48 hour breathing period is over.

Thanks everyone. Good to hear from you streaky. I believe Dredd will be the last Clone. I think that species is now outlawed in C3G. The thinking being a clone of a species is that species.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Added the link to the previous post.
EDIT: Here it is also.

He is subjected to mind control by Thoth(son of Nemesis), perhaps the most powerful Warlock in 2000AD.
From your points I would say no Event Hero.
I would think that drops his value a bit. How about bumping it up with some extra Life?
Hmm, if you give him more life, auto-destroy powers will devastate him even more if he's not an Event Hero.

That mini looks reasonably affordable/obtainable. Can we verify that it fits on two hexes all right?
Yes. I own one and it easily fits on any double base. In fact you could almost fit it on a large single base but I prefer double because that is what the Walmart figure has to be. A very nice looking figure, I am not sure I can bring myself to paint it black, I will most likely pick up another one this weekend for this purpose.

It is my hope that we can have two mini cards, one for the Mojo figure and one for the Walmart figure. Then if you have neither and are using another proxy, you can select the card that is closer to the size of your figure.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; December 14th, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library