Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lego Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Wow, nice work! I think this piece might make a better effect

I was a little confused by the bomb at first as well, but that machine gun scene was just so legit!
Do you mean use that piece for the gun-fire effect?

As for you liking it, thank you. I'll have more every now and then, when ever I have the time. Also, what would you suggest for a realistic mine?
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, for the gunfire effect. I just couldn't tell that the mine exploded. A flash of light or dust cloud would do it. Maybe similar to the muzzle flash on the guns.
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Yes, for the gunfire effect. I just couldn't tell that the mine exploded. A flash of light or dust cloud would do it. Maybe similar to the muzzle flash on the guns.
Is the color a brown/clear? I can't really tell...

As for the mine, I'll keep that in mind.

Any suggestions for the next animation (within reason, I'm not making LoTR ).
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just watched it now. I have to say, that was really impressive. You did a great job!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Is the color a brown/clear? I can't really tell...

As for the mine, I'll keep that in mind.

Any suggestions for the next animation (within reason, I'm not making LoTR ).
They/I have those in the same color you used in the animation, but they also have them in an orange translucent color that I think might look more like a muzzle flash. If you haven't already, you should check out BrickFilms. IIRC the forums have good tips and resources, plus the site has a bunch of films you could get inspiration from.

And darn, I was going to suggest LotR I think a cowboy themed movie would be cool, as it's still got guns to try out that muzzle effect and the landscape isn't that complex.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:37 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

My brother likes to be violent in his anamations. A couple examples: guys getting run over by cars, cars getting blown up by mines(that's fun to watch), and guys slowly dissappearing from a tommy gun in the face. lol

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Just watched it now. I have to say, that was really impressive. You did a great job!
Thanks, and I owe you a lot for helping me with the whole publishing bit.

Quote:
They/I have those in the same color you used in the animation, but they also have them in an orange translucent color that I think might look more like a muzzle flash. If you haven't already, you should check out BrickFilms. IIRC the forums have good tips and resources, plus the site has a bunch of films you could get inspiration from.

And darn, I was going to suggest LotR I think a cowboy themed movie would be cool, as it's still got guns to try out that muzzle effect and the landscape isn't that complex.
I'll have to check that website out.

As for the next animation, I'll try to put sound in it, and the skit is an evil villian planning to build a super destruction machine, only to have things go downhill when his henchmen explain something to him.

Quote:
My brother likes to be violent in his anamations. A couple examples: guys getting run over by cars, cars getting blown up by mines(that's fun to watch), and guys slowly dissappearing from a tommy gun in the face. lol
Well, it is rather hilarious.

~ABOM, who's had dwarves fight orcs, agents use a transforming car/boat/plane, and has had Indiana Jones find a map while getting chased by a monster. All in a days work, I suppose.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:46 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

Dude maybe you and I could try to make a story about Johnny Thunder. I've always wanted to make one with him, I think i'd be cool because of all the traps.

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:54 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just got around to watching it. Very, very, impressive. I agree that the single color on the gun was better. I guess I just needed to see what you meant. What set did the tommy guns come in? I've never seen them before.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I just got around to watching it. Very, very, impressive. I agree that the single color on the gun was better. I guess I just needed to see what you meant. What set did the tommy guns come in? I've never seen them before.
The tommy guns come from the Killer Croc/Batman set. I traded a few pieces for the other one, so now I have two.

Oh, and to help out with some suggestions, I've compiled a list of the lego sets I have, to give you all a general idea of what I can do.

BATMAN

Killer Croc/Batman Boat Chase

Cat Woman/Batman Chase

EXOFORCE

Green Good Guy Walker (small)

Tan Drone Walker 3x (small)

Drone 4 Legged Walker (this one is huge)

SPIDERMAN

Green Goblin Showdown (bridge)

Dr. Ock's Secret Hideout

AQUAZONE

Water/Land Rover

Aquazone HQ

NBA

Basketball game

MARS MISSION

Astronauts Shuttle

Martian Walker

CASTLE

Dwarves Mine

Knight's Kingdom Knight vs. Bad Guy and Catupult

STAR WARS

X-Wing Fighter

A-Wing

Darth Vader's Tie Fighter

Snow Speeder

Mos Eisley Cantina

Land Speeder

Regular Tie Fighter

Stormtrooper Drop Ship

V-Wing Fighter

Droid Tri-Fighter

Darth Vader Transformation

Clone Battle Pack 2x

General Grievous Chase

Episode III Clone Walker

Darth Sidius's Fina Duel

Twin-Pod Cloud Car

Wookie Catamaran

Episode III Droid Machine (Kashyyyk)

Trade Federation AAT

Gungan Patrol

Jango Fett's Ship

Geonosian Fighter

Droid Vulture Fighters 3x

INDIANA JONES

Desert Truck Chase

Hong Kong Car Chase

AGENTS

Gold Heist/Agent Plane

Boat Rescue

MISC.

Alpha Team Deep See Pod

Alpha Team Ice-Mobile

Basil the Batlord's Glider

Lego Studio Helicopter

Lego Dump Truck

Small Speed Boat

2 Bionicle Robots

Aqua Raiders Mini Pod

...and I have much, much more Lego Pieces besides that.

So, any suggestions (within reason) would be appreciated.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Why not do the highway scene from the second Matrix. You could have a bunch of figures jumping from car to car fighting with swords and shooting at each other. It would take some doing, but I don't think its completely impractical.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Why not do the highway scene from the second Matrix. You could have a bunch of figures jumping from car to car fighting with swords and shooting at each other. It would take some doing, but I don't think its completely impractical.
First I'd have to see the second Matrix.

As for being impractical, I don't think it would be either. All it would require is a way to make the figs look like their jumping realistically.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General