Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 24th, 2008, 02:51 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of the Wolves of Badru

so the wolfs can kill only units with one life point?

what will happend if a wolf attack drake who hat 5 lifes .
the wolf hit but drake loose only on point is´the wolf dead now?

or the karv agents is the wolf pounce a range attac , in that chase will work stealh dodge?
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:57 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post

or the karv agents is the wolf pounce a range attac , in that chase will work stealh dodge?
1) No, they can kill any unit. For example, if a wolf uses the Pounce Special Attack against a full-health (5 Life) Drake and the wolf rolls 5 skulls and Kaemon rolls 0 shields, Drake will die. If drake only loses one life pint but doesn't die, the wolf does die.

2) The Krav Maga Agents' Stealth Dodge ability works against all attacks from non-adjacent figures and thus can be used against the Pounce Special Attack
Old April 24th, 2008, 03:01 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post

- No, as long as the figure is small or medium, Pounce can be used.

- In this case, the wolf would be dead.

- Stealth Dodge works with any kind of attack. So, it works with Pounce (meaning if the Krav rolls 1 shield, the wolf is dead. I would call it Super Counterstrike ).

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:02 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but these guys are the second hunter unit, Dund was the first.

Army possibility:

Khosemet the Darklord: 75
Anubian Wolves x2: 150
Wolves of Badru x3: 240
Dumetef Guard: 25
Isamu: 10
total: 500

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

The card is out and with those stats. and bonding 80 seems about right. 60 would had been too cheap and 100 too expensive. I won't know the feeling after playing them a few times, but they seem to be well priced with bonding and 3/3 base stats. Considering that a squad of Sacred Band is worth 50 and have 4 move, 3/3 (with disciplined army). These guys are only 3, but move faster, climb faster and have the Special attack with some range, 5 attack, etc. 80 seems just right right now. It's great to get more eye candy from WotC.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but these guys are the second hunter unit, Dund was the first.

Army possibility:

Actually, they'd be the 4th. Dzu-teh and Gladiatrons are also Hunters. Courtesy of GaryLASQ's website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post

Army possibility:

Actually, they'd be the 4th. Dzu-teh and Gladiatrons are also Hunters. Courtesy of GaryLASQ's website.
6th - Hounds and Drudge

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:37 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavid6 View Post
These guys will dominate squadscape. Especially things like orcs and vipers or any fast squads.
With a threat range of 9 (using the special attack) I'd say they can be great hero killers as well. Granted you'll probably lose at least two in the fray, but 15 attack dice (if you attack the same hero with each) is going to do some serious damage. An 80 point squad taking down (or severely weakening) a 120-150 point hero is definitely worth losing part or all of it in the right situation.

-insert signature here-
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
True, I guess they were trying to word it so there was no confusion and make it comparable to say the marro warrior cloning or saylind's summoning, or Kelda's healing, but those are all special abilities. Special attacks can only be done after you move. Good point. But I am still going to enforce my interpretation until we hear something official.
If they did not designate who could pounce by mentioning which wolves could do it, then players could assume that you are able to pounce with all your wolves. Take the Marrden Hounds as an example. All figures adjacent to any Hound are affected. So in the case of the wolves, imagine if they had not put the designation that the power is limited to the three wolves that moved that turn(whether they moved zero or more).... Players could assume that you can either pounce with any three wolves you control(regardless of which ones moved) or all woves you control. So if you activate three wolves, but only move 2 of them, and you want to pounce with all three, then the 2 that moved must be chosen as pouncers along with one other of your choice(this one is considered to have moved 0).

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Last edited by Grungebob; April 24th, 2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

These guys will be great encircling other squads. It's a good melee squad (or pack) with range. Since you don't have to be engaged to attack (range), you can position them strategically to leave the doors open to attack an alternate unit just in case the first wolf in the pack is successful killing the priority intended target in a turn. A melee squad with range is what these guys are. Interesting. That's what I hoped the Red Coats would be with their bayonets.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Has it been stated that they have to move at least one space before using the special? I've been keeping up with this thread pretty well and don't remember it. Or is that just "special" wording?
I think you're right on that one. That might limit them in some cases.
Typically, in this situation, the designers will say "after moving and before attacking" and use "moving" simply to refer to the time during the turn which the action may be performed as opposed to meaning the figure must physically move first. Here the wording is a bit different, and I would guess they mean the Wolf has to physically move before using the Pounce. It makes sense in a "real world" sense, as well - they need a running start to Pounce up 5 levels, right?
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Has it been stated that they have to move at least one space before using the special? I've been keeping up with this thread pretty well and don't remember it. Or is that just "special" wording?
I think you're right on that one. That might limit them in some cases.
Typically, in this situation, the designers will say "after moving and before attacking" and use "moving" simply to refer to the time during the turn which the action may be performed as opposed to meaning the figure must physically move first. Here the wording is a bit different, and I would guess they mean the Wolf has to physically move before using the Pounce. It makes sense in a "real world" sense, as well - they need a running start to Pounce up 5 levels, right?
No the wording is only different because this is the first common squad that has a special attack that can be enacted by each member independently of the others.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units