Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Pelloth

The Book of Pelloth
Master Set III - Battle for the Underdark

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character bio: TBA
A. There is no targeting involved. There is a chosen figure and affected figures. Because this uses attack dice we had to make it a special attack. While Pelloth is engaged, he can only use Wrath against the guy he's engaged with. Once Pelloth is no longer engaged, he can apply additional skulls to other figures. (-Grungebob, Rules Team)

Q. Lolth's Wrath : Self-Lolth-ing
May Pelloth destroy himself in order to inflict wounds on surrounding figures with Lolth's Wrath Special Attack?
A. No

Synergy Benefits Received
- Drow Units : Lolth's Wrath Special Attack:

As Drow units, the following units may aid Pelloth with his Lolth's Wrath Special Attack.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- Ornak: RED FLAG OF FURY AURA
As a unique hero who follows Utgar, Pelloth may benefit from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura.

Terrain Benefits Received
- SHADOW HEXES : Lurk In Shadows (opponent must be adjacent to attack with normal attack).
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Pelloth Pre-Release Discussion Thread
Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Pelloth

Last edited by R˙chean; April 13th, 2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Pelloth

Doh, got confused....

Pelloth plus the Drow will terrify the Minions or any High cost squad.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; December 17th, 2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Got mixed up...
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

I am very disapointed in pelloth (and most of the other dnd master set figures) the fact that he can't really do anything noteworthy without destroying 23.3333 points is just dumb I knew that would be one of his powers , but I just expected more.
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I believe he can hit himself too right?

EDIT: Also why are we starting a book for a character before it even comes out?

Last edited by yamissflash; December 18th, 2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:35 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No, per the Advanced FAQ a figure may never target itself with an attack, whether normal or special, unless stated otherwise on it's card. However, he could be one of the figures chosen to receive a wound if you were foolish enough to choose so.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:10 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
I am very disapointed in pelloth (and most of the other dnd master set figures) the fact that he can't really do anything noteworthy without destroying 23.3333 points is just dumb I knew that would be one of his powers , but I just expected more.
You're right that he's very bad in most situations, but he will be strong against the expensive common squads and most of the unique squads. Being able to automatically destroy multiple Minions, Sentinels, Imperium, Protectors, Krav Maga, Nakitas, and the like makes him at least a decent counter draft.

You're going to want to cry when you whiff on the attack dice with him though...
Old December 19th, 2009, 10:15 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

The only complaint I have about his special is that he has no bonding or even a movement bonding with his squad. The fact that you have to move them practically adjacent on their turn and hope that they dont die during your opponents turn, I mean 3 defense won't last long if your attacking expensive common squads like minions to get your figures points worth, makes his ability really hard to set up.

dustin

Last edited by vertigosmooth; December 19th, 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: noob, RTFC!
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:21 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
The only complaint I have about his special is that he has no bonding or even a movement bonding with his squad. The fact that you have to move them practically adjacent on their turn and hope that they dont die during your opponents turn, I mean 3 defense won't last long if your attacking expensive common squads like minions to get your figures points worth, makes his ability really hard to set up.

dustin
Yep, he would be much stronger with Deepwyrm Drow Movement Bonding or some other kind of positioning synergy. His army is a little clunky in the way that Omnicron Snipers and Repulsors are. But on the right terrain, Hide in Darkness might be enough to keep the Drow alive a while.
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:30 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker
Smile Re: The Book of Pelloth

Bye, bye Q9, or any low life expensive hero(Deathwalkers).
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:41 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Bye, bye Q9, or any low life expensive hero(Deathwalkers).
Unfortunately, it only works on small or medium figures. I was hoping for a Q9 counter, too, but....
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:47 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

How did I miss that, but their are plenty of other heroes that it would do wonders against. He will be fun, but just that, fun.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
You're right that he's very bad in most situations, but he will be strong against the expensive common squads and most of the unique squads. Being able to automatically destroy multiple Minions, Sentinels, Imperium, Protectors, Krav Maga, Nakitas, and the like makes him at least a decent counter draft.

You're going to want to cry when you whiff on the attack dice with him though...
I could see Pelloth and the Drow as a good Rat-Screen stopper. Rats tend to spread out, and since they only have 1 attack, 2 with height, Deepwyrms have a decent chance of surviving a rare attack from Rats. And with Pelloth not far behind, he can blow up some rats.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units