Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Anti-DnDScape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Meh, I kind of stopped playing. The D&D units lack that intangible thing that makes the Classic ones fun to play, so I don't really see a point... I'm only on this site still because I'll occasionally pop into a customs thread; sadly enough they're the closest thing to new Classic...
I think most of the figs from Waves D1 and D2 are among the most interesting to come out in a bit, far superior to W7 and W8, and easily equal to W9. The new powers are among the most imaginative yet.

My dream? To get new classic figures as well as DnD, all done by the awesome design team!

Triple props to them!

I'm not taking anything away from the design team, but man, Wave 9 is one of the best waves EVER! I'm shocked to think that people would think D1 and D2 can hold a candle to it.

I'll take Dwarves, Indians, Robots, Protectors, and Gladiators over anything that's come from anything DnD, anyday of the year.

I do appreciate the Design Teams imagination to keep the game as alive as possible.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Meh, I kind of stopped playing. The D&D units lack that intangible thing that makes the Classic ones fun to play, so I don't really see a point... I'm only on this site still because I'll occasionally pop into a customs thread; sadly enough they're the closest thing to new Classic...
I think most of the figs from Waves D1 and D2 are among the most interesting to come out in a bit, far superior to W7 and W8, and easily equal to W9. The new powers are among the most imaginative yet.

My dream? To get new classic figures as well as DnD, all done by the awesome design team!

Triple props to them!

I'm not taking anything away from the design team, but man, Wave 9 is one of the best waves EVER! I'm shocked to think that people would think D1 and D2 can hold a candle to it.

I'll take Dwarves, Indians, Robots, Protectors, and Gladiators over anything that's come from anything DnD, anyday of the year.

I do appreciate the Design Teams imagination to keep the game as alive as possible.
Of course, the same team was responsible for Wave 9 as the D&D waves.
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Triple props to them!

Of course, the same team was responsible for Wave 9 as the D&D waves.
I know that. I'm just making sure they know it's not from a design point that i don't care for some of the newer figures.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Warlord93 is surprisingly tart

Sig says it all.

ME----> <----- DND 'Scape
Old August 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord93 View Post
Sig says it all.
Unless someone is using the Discreet & Fast Loading setting...then your sig says nothing
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Sig says it all.
According to your sig, *YOU* can sit and shoot D&DScape all day long... and D&DScape is still gonna be there, standing resolute....

Sounds about right

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Sig says it all.
According to your sig, *YOU* can sit and shoot D&DScape all day long... and D&DScape is still gonna be there, standing resolute....

Sounds about right
Or maybe Warlord93 has really, really bad aim

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I never really thought of myself as "Anti-D&D Scape", it simply wasn't for me. I was disappointed by the shift, I shared my reasons for disappointment, and life goes on.

So one year later I own a copy of Master Set 3 (MIB) that has yet to hit the table, I still enjoying checking out the new stuff, but I probably won't be buying any more Scape even if new sculpts ("true classic 'Scape" figs) are designed. Not out of any sort of protest, but simply because I've got all the Heroscape I need/want.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Personally I find it sad that some people resist D&D scape?

When RotV first came out, who hated Syvarris because he was an elf?

Who was shooting the KoW in thieir sig?

Why do you hate Darrak and not the Axegrinders?

Who hated Mimring, Charos, Nilfy, Braxas and Zelrig?

Who disliked Cyprien and all his minions?

And now, who has any reason to hate D&D scape?

If Erevan sunshadow was a new sculpt in a pack that didn't say D&D on the front, would you like him?

Basically, what I'm saying is that fantasy is, and has been a core part of "Classic" scape. For me, D&D scape has brought just about everything to the gaming table in my house as everything else released by Hasbro: New units, bases for new armies, shifts in the metagame without power creep, New terrain, and creative synergies. What's the difference? Why can't D&D units be the fantasy units in scape fighting with and against historical and sci-fi "Classic" units?
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Why can't D&D units be the fantasy units in scape fighting with and against historical and sci-fi "Classic" units?
Because they're not making any more historic or sci-fi units.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Captain Xavious is surprisingly tart

I couldn't help but feel a little giddy when I first seen Combat challenge, +2 Broad Sword, and Cleave on one card, but I sure would love to see new Historical and Sci-Fi figures made.

The mix of all those crazy genres together in one game is where a lot of HS's charm came from for me.

It seems to me that it would kinda make sense to just package extra trading card sized HS stat cards in with the already existing D&D Mini's line instead of making a whole new series for essentially the same thing with slightly bigger bases.

Then, they could go back to making Classic HS and keep a D&D tie-in in production without having to run two very similar lines at the same time. It might not be real fancy giving players standard sized cards for HS, but they'd at least fit in the packaging.

I'm sure this would never happen, but one can dream, eh?

Old August 26th, 2010, 08:32 PM

whiteknight is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Why can't D&D units be the fantasy units in scape fighting with and against historical and sci-fi "Classic" units?
Because they're not making any more historic or sci-fi units.
Then use the old ones. I'm sure the new Drake Alexander (from SotM master set) can kick a lot of drow butt, while the Krav Maga agents provide cover fire.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion