Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:56 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Dragonball Z customs -MrWookiee

So I read previous threads about Dragonball Z customs, and I know you guys said they sucked and other such tear-downs, but bear with me. I think you may appreciate it more if you actually saw a custom.

I decided to do a few of these because I recently started watching the show out of boredom, and found it was interesting (I ignore most of the grunting ). So I bought DragonBall: Raging Blast and decided that a custom would be cool. So I used some of their powers, and here we are at Goku:

Hope you like it! I'm planning on posting some more soon.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Dragonball Z customs -MrWookiee

I love Dragonball Z. I finished the series a few months ago. In 'Ki Barrage Special Attack' there is a typo. You have 'In order to attack with Ki Barrage Spesial Attack'.

I like the idea of having Ki markers to represent him powering up and having to use his energy when attack but I feel like all three of his abilities using those markers is a bit much. Personally I would only have one attack/ability use those markers, maybe two.

Do you plan on doing different versions of certain characters like Super Saiyan Goku or the different forms of Frieza?

Can't wait to see more of these.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Was just watching the DBZ Kai marathon last night. Oh... the good old days... watching an episode-long stare down .

I've been thinking about DBZ customs as well. The only thing that has been holding me back as the obvious lack of minis. The thought of all that customizing and converting... my lazier self shudders just thinking of it, especially with school coming.

Currently, I think 350 is too high for him. His base stats are much lower than comparable units (going with C3G here). Despite this being in the classic forum, I think the SS logo is justified (he trained in 100x normal gravity on his way to Namek ). Perhaps a change for the marker ability is maybe a Kaioken power that is worded similar to the Green Lanterns by C3G. His Kamehameha SA would take one marker off and his base stats could be boosted by the markers. Just a little brainstorming.

It would seem you have come to a similar conclusion that I have come to in that it would be much easier to make Super Saiyan Goku an entirely separate unit, than fitting it on his card. During my first draft I attempted to make them separate units, but include a 'level up' power of sorts in case you drafted both of them... talk about a mess.

Anyways, you have a very thematic Goku unit here! I can't wait to see the rest of the characters!
Old September 4th, 2011, 01:10 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I'm posting my Super Saiyan card for Goku before I go to bed so you guys can see my mechanics for it. I'll change Goku later, thanks for the input, but I'm just too tired to do it now. The reason Goku costs so much is he can transform and the Super Saiyans are only 100 points each, therefore at SS3 (650 points) he will have appropriate stats and abilities (8 Life, 8 Attack, 8 Defense). I like the Green Lantern idea, that would seem to be a good way of representing it, however, the Ki would still recharge.

EDIT: Super Saiyan Goku!

SYMBOLS:

Circle with smaller circles:
Ki Charge
Start the game with 7 (This shall be changed for some which I will figure out) Ki Markers on this card. Add 1 to the attack and defense of this figure for every 2 Ki Markers on this Army Card, rounded down. After each turn with this figure, add one Ki Marker to this card, for a maximum of 7.

Circles on a stick:
Blast Deflect
(See base Goku card)

Transformation Heroes:
These Heroes are considered Unique for all purposes except they may be in an army with a card of the same name. These figures do not start the game on the battlefield, and are only placed on the battlefield after using the Transform, Transform 2, or Transform 3 special power.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Last edited by MrWookiee; September 4th, 2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Now that I'm fully awake and functional, I have read and actually understood what you have said. I think I have misinterpreted what you have said. You were talking about Kaioken when you said a Green-Lantern esque power, am I right?

Anyways I'm changing the Ki Charge Symbol to either:
Have the number of dots equal to the max Ki Marker number, or
Having the actual number on there
And the actual power to:
Start the game with X Ki Markers on this card. Add one to the attack and defense value of this figure if there are 1-3 Ki Markers on this card and add two to the attack and defense of this figure if there are four or more Ki Markers on this card. After taking a turn with this figure, replace one Ki Marker on this card up to a maximum of X.s

This shows how everyone starts all beefed up, but slowly loses energy and power throughout the fight. Thoughts?

EDIT: Goku Super Saiyan 2!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Last edited by MrWookiee; September 4th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old September 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Now that I'm fully awake and functional, I have read and actually understood what you have said. I think I have misinterpreted what you have said. You were talking about Kaioken when you said a Green-Lantern esque power, am I right?
Yea, that's what I was referring too. I am not sure Goku uses it after he reaches Super Saiyan. Kaioken x20 is from when he fights Frieza and gets desperate, right? Your work inspired me to start some DBZ customs of my own. Right now I've got my most of the Z-Fighters done. Some great stuff here! Are you also going to do a SS4 version?
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post

Yea, that's what I was referring too. I am not sure Goku uses it after he reaches Super Saiyan. Kaioken x20 is from when he fights Frieza and gets desperate, right?
Your work inspired me to start some DBZ customs of my own. Right now I've got my most of the Z-Fighters done. Some great stuff here! Are you also going to do a SS4 version?
He doesn't use it when he's desperate, per say, but he does use it during the fight between him and Frieza. Base Goku just has so many more "signature moves" than Super Saiyan Gokus.
And yes, I'm planning on taking it to SS4. I'm also going to have a bunch of the others. I'd love to see your renditions!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

I'm excited about seeing DBZ customs. It was one of my favorite shows back in high school, and heroscape is becoming one of my most favorite games.

I wanted to ask a question about the Kaioken x20 special power. I'm pretty sure Goku didn't use Kaioken after he became a super saiyan. I was'nt sure how much flavor accuracy you wanted in the custom, but figured I'd bring it up just in case.

Also, I was thinking of a Krillin custom. One of his trademark moves is his Destructo Disc, and it's been seen cutting mountains in half. Imagine a ranged special power that could't be blocked by say, the glaciers in the tundra set. Again, just a thought.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM

DrakeHardy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

dude, i LOVE DBZ and all versions, i think you have a great concept, now i have to ask, what would it cost for a FULL set of Super Saiyan Customs? (i want a full transforming army of all Super Saiyans^^)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards