Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 28th, 2022, 05:03 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
MVMvMVM - Mount Vernon WA Monthly - Causal MvM December 3rd!

I didn't edit the OP yet, except this part. There is an event this weekend, at the seeeeeeecret gaming cabin. It is on Sunday, December third. It starts at noon, but doors open at eleven. I encourage everyone to bring a snack or soft drink to all of these events, but this one is actually ... wait, this is good:
Spoiler Alert!
So, I am encouraging everyone to bring a board game sort of thing of their choosing if they so choose. Or bring a bunch, fill your whole car up I don't care. I guess I did edit it. I edited it alreaditedly.

The Mount Vernon Marshall vs Marshall Valhalla Monthly is on, so marshal your forces and join us for some magnificent victories or vicious, well, defeats. In other words, it looks lafleurhero and myself will be hosting a monthly event up in Mount Vernon, on Big Lake.

I don't know about the format for this one. I've had some inclination to play some large-map multiplayer crazy scenarios, but haven't worked any of that stuff up. It'll probably be the standard 500 point showdown but I'll update this if I figure stuff out more.

The doors will open at noon, if you want to get there early, but the "tournament" itself will start around 2 PM PST April 26th.

Also, I am asking everyone who RSVPs to bring one snack or soft drink. If we coordinate on what that will be, it will avoid there being 14 bags of Flaming Hot Cheetos™. One meal will be provided by yours truly: frozen pizza (or the like).

Guest List:
@Dr.Goomonkey (+3, at this point) [pizza]
@Cinnamaldehyde [pizza]
...and more???

Maps:
TBD

Anyway, send me a PM if you are interested in coming and need the address. As always I reserve the right to have reservations about any suspicious people with 4 posts and negative reputation (looking at you, bots), but most of you seem to be all right.

Looking forward to a day of bloodshed and merriment!

Archived First Post for Posterity's Sake:
Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; November 29th, 2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old October 28th, 2022, 10:59 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MVMvMVM - Mount Vernon WA Monthly - Next Event 11/9

I'll probably build a few extra armies that people can borrow. I'd come and build some maps too, but I really don't see me having time, and it's a lot easier to keep track of various 500 point armies than terrain tiles.

Maybe I can pre-build 1 or 2 maps and put them on cardboard or something. So do we want to stick with standard 24 hex start zones?

Also I plan to bring King of Tokyo with the Halloween expansion and probably King of New york too. This is a game that is very fast and best played with a lot of players, so probably 2 or 3 games while everyone is there, which should still be under 2 hours.
Old October 28th, 2022, 11:05 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If anyone comes from up north, (Bellingham or BC) I could pick you up at the Chuckanut park and Ride just off I-5 in Burlington and take you to the cabin. Directions from there can be hard to follow, but that isn't far from my house and easy to drive to the cabin from there. Plus then I have hostages! Mwahahaha
Old October 29th, 2022, 02:39 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I'll probably build a few extra armies that people can borrow. I'd come and build some maps too, but I really don't see me having time, and it's a lot easier to keep track of various 500 point armies than terrain tiles.

Maybe I can pre-build 1 or 2 maps and put them on cardboard or something. So do we want to stick with standard 24 hex start zones?

Also I plan to bring King of Tokyo with the Halloween expansion and probably King of New york too. This is a game that is very fast and best played with a lot of players, so probably 2 or 3 games while everyone is there, which should still be under 2 hours.
Bringing some armies and maps sounds great, and yeah I'm planning on standard 24 hex start zones. Other games sounds fun, too. I'll have most of my game collection there (mostly Dominion but a few others) and the cabin has a few games of its own. Three-player chess, anyone?

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old November 17th, 2022, 07:51 PM
On vacation...

Re: MVMvMVM - Mount Vernon WA Monthly - Next Event ... Decem

Had a blast at the Secret Gamers' Cabin last week, er, yeah that was last week. We gotta remember to take some pictures at one of these things so that people know it actually happened.

I'm hoping we can set something up in December that more people could attend, I think if we go with Wednesday that will pretty much exclude people unless we go close enough to Christmas where that'll probably exclude people (especially since I'll be unavailable for the 21st). Maybe @Nomad could shed light if possibly he'd be available on the 14th?

If we have to do Sunday to get more people I think that'll be fine for me, though. There is also the other event that looks to be brewing down near the southern border, but I don't know when that's supposed to actually happen at this point.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old November 19th, 2022, 12:34 PM

Maybe with the mix of new and experienced players that we have, we could try some 2 v 2 maps? 1000 points per team split however you want to give a bit more flexibility. I could bring 1 map and if you did 2 more that would be enough for 12 people. I could build my team army from my collection too and you could build however many. I think that the 742 armies that you built last time was a bit of overkill ^.^
Old November 19th, 2022, 01:49 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am not available on the 14th.
Old November 30th, 2022, 05:14 PM
On vacation...

Re: MVMvMVM - Mount Vernon WA Monthly - Next Event December

I have updated the OP to include the upcoming even on the 28th. To reiterate here, doors open at noon, "tournament" starts around 2, and I'm asking everyone to bring a snack or soft drink. Let's play some 'Scape!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old December 11th, 2022, 03:48 PM
On vacation...

"Important" rules update: the point limit is now 500-510 points. Taking some inspiration from Nomad many years ago, this let's some armies play that just don't quite add up to 500 points.
No Isamu to fill those last 10 points, though.

EDIT: I'm also going to be building map specific armies. Players will roll off, with the winner deciding who chooses first between their own army and the map army. The loser will choose start zones, regardless of army choice deferral.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; December 13th, 2022 at 07:41 PM.
Old December 13th, 2022, 12:49 AM

That sounds good, there was a zombie army with Vampires that I would want to play at 505.

I agree, don't fill it just to fill it, there needs to be a good reason for it.

I'm a fan of 550 or 600 armies myself
Old December 30th, 2022, 07:46 PM
On vacation...

The recent MVMvMVM was a success, sorry that Lafleurhero couldn't make it in the end but there's always next month (year)!

I thought I should start posting picture of these things, so here are the maps Cinnamaldehyde and I whipped up. One of them is an old map of mine, but all of them saw play and I think everyone enjoyed them. Maybe next time I'll remember to actually take pictures while there are figures on the maps!

Shinking City

Massive Pools of Molten Magma

Shady Splits

Ruined Wellspring by Cinnamaldehyde

Have Glacier Will Traverse by Cinnamaldehyde

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 4th, 2023, 01:29 PM
On vacation...

Hey hey, we've got another MVMvMVM on the books. It'll be this Wednesday, the 8th. Sorry for the late notice, but I didn't want to miss another month.

Anyway, all the same stuff applies. PM me for the address. Start time is 2, but if you want to show up a bit before that it's fine. Asking all the guests to bring a snack or soft drink, and I'll provide pizza at some point. See y'all soon!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events