Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 16th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I know Bats is active again. 6 of my last 7 Reps were from Batsy.
Yeah, I can get carried away with that, sorry! I almost wish I had the spread it around restriction to reign me in a bit.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am not complaining. I would not be surprised if half my total Rep was accumulated in 10 point increments.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:14 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Just Incase people haven’t seen Trollandtoad is offering 10% off clixs with coupon code CLIX10 until the end of the month.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Slightly off topic, has there been a thread discussing what non-comic characters and universes are C3G acceptable and what people would like to see? I don't know if that happened in the sanctum or when I wasn't around, but it's a discussion I'm interested in having.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There have been a few discussion. I'm not sure what's allowed currently. Best shot is to ask in the Public Design Post or the Discussion Cave.
So I guess I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could answer;

1. What is the current scope of the C3G project? Are you still only limiting yourself to characters and IPs that have had comics or is honestly a free-for-all at this point?

2. I'd be interested in having a discussion about what "non-comic" IPs would people think would be a good fit for the project? Anyone from a movie, show, game, puppet show, or advertisement people would want added to the game.

Apologies if this was a discussion that's already been had before somewhere I haven't seen.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:07 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

It's kind of loose nowadays and I'm no expert, especially since I missed five years. I was under the impression that if something has significant comics, it's allowed. That's how we got Street Fighter, TMNT, He-Man, Mortal Kombat. The slasher stuff going on I have no idea about so I can't answer questions regarding that space.

When I run a design for something like Street Fighter or something based on a non-comic, I try to play toward the comic theme even if it is not representative of the origin media. For example, I'm workshopping a Street Fighter character right now who is a hero in the games, but almost all of his comic appearances have him under heavy influence by the Shadaloo, so I want the card to have those villainous tendencies represented strongly. I'm sure others are different though.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:11 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

The character still needs to have a comic representation. The Slashers being created have all had their own comic series.

That said, you can always ask about specific franchises/characters and we can discuss it. I don't believe anything is 100% off the table.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:32 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Let’s make it happen Batsy! I’m all ears. But good luck figuring out what publisher to put on the card.

It seems fair to say that IPs with a more comic book-y feel have a better chance, right? Street Fighter has comic books, sure, but it also kind of just blends right in with Marvel or DC, where something like Mario might not. I think stuff like Metal Gear, Doctor Who, and maybe even James Bond would fit into the C3Gverse well.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:51 PM

One of the biggest hurdles to selling folks is usually the availability of appropriate miniatures for the idea (though I'm getting away with a Soundwarp mod for He-Man).

Old August 16th, 2018, 11:54 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

There are things on the “no list”. But, that list has changed over the years as we’ve designed many many more characters from the main brands. So I’d imagine you’ll see more exceptions these days. Freddy, Jason, and Mortal Kombat were all on the no list at one point. Predator, Alien, and Street Fighter opened those doors. So it’s not impossible.

I believe Halo, Gears, and Star Wars come to mind as still on the no list. But, I could see an argument for each of them to be accepted in some capacity. I don’t think we ever want to lose focus of the typical superheroes and the big companies, but branching out for a couple of designs of different franchises doesn’t hurt.
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
One of the biggest hurdles to selling folks is usually the availability of appropriate miniatures for the idea (though I'm getting away with a Soundwarp mod for He-Man).
Oh yeah, that makes sense. That might be a big hurdle in getting Doctor Who designs made. The one plastic line of Doctor Who minis is kind of expensive now, and they're still too small. I've just had to use the Lego and knock-off Lego figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
There are things on the “no list”. But, that list has changed over the years as we’ve designed many many more characters from the main brands. So I’d imagine you’ll see more exceptions these days. Freddy, Jason, and Mortal Kombat were all on the no list at one point. Predator, Alien, and Street Fighter opened those doors. So it’s not impossible.

I believe Halo, Gears, and Star Wars come to mind as still on the no list. But, I could see an argument for each of them to be accepted in some capacity. I don’t think we ever want to lose focus of the typical superheroes and the big companies, but branching out for a couple of designs of different franchises doesn’t hurt.
I understand Gears and Halo, and honestly HOSS is doing pretty great with Star Wars. Assassin's Creed got a clix line fairly recently, so I could see that being a viable option maybe? I never really got into those games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape