Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Tandros Kreel

I've had a lot of luck using him with Theracus, in combination with other things. I use Theracus to launch him up to the enemy, where he just stands there and takes hits, buying time for the rest of my army to get in position. He doesn't usually kill much, although his cleave thing can be cool, but the time he buys distracting the enemy is well worth his points.

I like the Red and Gold

Tandros
Marcus
Romans x2
10th x2
Theracus

I think that comes out to 510, just off the top of my head. Theracus and Tandros tie up the enemy long enough for the Romans to move up, and good planning also allows the Redcoats to get into position around Marcus and launch some serious firepower at the enemy.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
Has anyone had any succes with Tandros in a competitive setting? I remember some speculation that he could possible be a good early game start zone bomb but have never really heard much about him since. I know by his card he seems tailored for scenario dungeon crawls but he always seemed like there could be a way to utilize him in a competitive sense.
Competitive speculation, mind you: Tandros' best uses probably involve either a ranged pod that fears melee (ie Krav), or a OM-light methodology in order to move him around. I know that this one has been mentioned before, although I don't see it listed in any tourney thread (perhaps I overlooked it? It seems like it has all of the key ingredients):

Laglor 110
Krav 100
Raelin 80
Tandros 120
Rats x2 80
490 points, 14 spaces
Position Tandros [and your rats] so that any melee attacks on at least 2 agents must first pass through Tandros. With the agents' Laglor-boosted range, you can set this up in your start zone early on.

Dok mentioned the power of Ana and Tandros with some other choice heroes, although I don't see a tourney nod to this one either:

Ana Karithon 100
Tandros 120
Sonlen 160
Kaemon 120
500 points, 4 spaces
This one seems a bit more OM-intensive to set up. A couple of squads of rats could ease the OM burden, though.

Brunak + Tandros: Think of him as an expensive meat shield for Brunak. I could see this working when facing a large melee horde. However, it probably makes much more sense just to carry Raelin. Once again, no tourney nod for this one.

In the end, it appears that all I offered was a bit of summarized speculation...
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:22 PM

Puffy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I did pretty good usingTandros Kreel with Rhogar Dragonspine and Raelin. My neighbor was using Nilfheim, and flew him too close to Tandros. Nilfheim was backed by several goblin cutter squads. Sure enough, rhogar kept Tandros healed just enough to keep chopping down goblins one by one. I got threw Nilfheim and almost 2 goblin squads before Tandros finally was killed.
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Tandros is best used at the start of the game, thrown right into the fray. 7 Life and Broadsword +2 obviously mean he's an agressive figure and you'd do best to take advatage of this early in the game. He will die, but he will have slain more than his points worth by the time he's dead. His weakness is insta-kill powers, which he is quite susceptible to being Medium. Grimnak and Braxas he should beware of.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

My first ever custom was loosly based around Tandros because he was one of my favourite units, and still is. Admittidly parasect, my first custom, is actually pretty bad but it still remains the only one i use and one of the reasons is because of Tandros. sad i know . Anyway back to the topic this guy makes a great at defending important units, he can easily defend important units like Sonya, Warden 816, Marcus etc.. He is also a good squad killer. Tandros is sort of like Kaemon Awa, same move, same defense, same melee attack, both can kill two units in one turn. Tandros is however a lot more sturdy then Kaemon. He partners up very well with Darrak Ambershard (good thing they come in the same set ).
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:05 PM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Lately I've been using a Tandros/Rhogar combo. You send them out mid-game with a marker on Rhogar and two on Tandros; works like a charm, especially against annoying bonding armies.
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello,
I don't know if this question was already asked, but we had a strange situation today...

The situation:
2 Mezzodemons VS Tandros Kreel at close combat.

Tandros can use Cleave or the Exoskeleton unable it? We clearly have 2 possibilities:

Option 1:
  1. Tandros attacks, the first Mezzo fails his defense.
  2. The Mezzo uses his exoskeleton marker: no wound
  3. Consequence: don't cleave.

Option 2:
  1. Tandros attacks, the first Mezzo fails his defense.
  2. Cleave! Inflicts one wound to the second mezzo: destroyed.
  3. The first Mezzo uses a exoskeleton Marker: he survives.
    Consequences: the first mezzo is alive, but the second is dead.

Your opinions?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 30th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
If the defending figure receives any wounds from Tandros Kreel's attack, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.
Quote:
After a Mezzodemon Warmonger rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may remove 1 Exoskeleton marker from its Army Card to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.
Option 1 must be correct.
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I thought the same thing, but my opponent disagrees... ^^

Thanks!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yea, this wasn't a fun discussion at all. As Shedim Kabal says Tandros' card clearly states the defending figure must receive wounds. Any special ability that causes the defending unit not to receive wounds (vanish is another example) would mean no Cleave.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:36 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tandros Kreel
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:09 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Had a great time. My vipers with Theracus and Tandross went 4-1. I did have a couple of close games (both down to 4 life Venoc Warlord) were won due to mass frenzies. Loss to Omnicron Snipers was classic matchup. Looking forward to it again.
Just want to say that Venoc Vipers + Venoc Warlord + Theracus + Tandros Kreel is a both a fun and competitive combination. I was able to lock-down Dragons and Orc Champions and get first strike with my Venocs, then keep Venocs alive longer because others had to attack Tandros. I think this may be the strongest army with TK, although I do also like him with Brunak and some ranged squads (Stingers, 10th, Mezzodemons, etc)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units