Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 15th, 2019, 12:58 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Hollow Ramparts (New Map)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
It’s really a shame that BftU sets are so expensive, a single set just doesn’t feel like enough to work with. Even using RttFF and FotA with it feels like a challenge
So true!
I think that BftU and FotA together DO offer enough material — JUST enough material — to make interesting and competitive maps. But getting the terrain to stretch far enough really requires learning how to prop up large (24- and 7-hex) tiles on level 2 using a minimum of supporting tiles underneath them on level 1. (I.e., leaving empty void spaces on level 1.)

Desperado and Ariadne below are good examples of this. Desperado in particular. One trick I use there is to use wall bases separately from the walls themselves. Because walls don't NEED to stand on their bases! You can plop walls down directly on terrain tiles. This gives you 21 single-hex wall base tiles which you can use on lower levels to prop up other, larger, tiles. This is huge!

Old January 3rd, 2020, 08:55 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Hollow Ramparts (New Map)

Thanks @Typhon2222 ! Man, it's been a while since I posted on this thread. These maps look super nice and I'm hoping to play on Desparado soon.
Old January 3rd, 2020, 09:27 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Shurrig's Maps: Happy New Year! Exalted and Forging Fires

Happy New Year 'Scapers! I come to you all with two finished maps, Exalted (which should have been shared long ago) and Forging Fires! And just so you know, both of these maps use Treasure Glyphs (represented by Brandar) and I made sure to specify this in the instructions. Happy scaping!

Exalted

Forging Fires

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios