Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 28th, 2010, 02:17 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
AYP's Maps - Multiplayer Map! Echidna's Garden

Newest map:

Echidna's Garden: 3 RotV, 3 FotA, 2 RttFF, 1 TJ

Instructions
Note: Glyphs are on level 1 water.

After toying around with castle and jungle sets, I eventually let the concept balloon outwards into this terrain-intensive free-for-all extravaganza. Truth be told, this board is not a very efficient use of materials, and you might be able to substitute something else for 1 of the RotV sets with only minor visual changes.

Red Shift: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 VW

Instructions

While tooling around with possible adjustments to Iconoclast, I ended up with a map that had the same terrain requirement and some similar design sensibilities but that struck me as too different to simple be called an iteration on the original.

Iconoclast: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 VW

Instructions
Treasure Glyph trap: The figure triggering this trap may not move normally for the rest of the round.

Backstory:
Spoiler Alert!

For this contest, I wasn't sure how to bring out the theme in the map's build as a whole. This battlefield represents a once glamorous estate now collapsed and blighted under the weight of a powerful curse. I'll post the full backstory here once I finalize the submission.

Old maps under the cut. These are largely going for visual or thematic elements, and are not recommended for competitive play.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by All Your Pie; November 5th, 2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Echidna's Garden 1.1
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:03 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker
Re: All Your Pie's Map Thread

Trinity Keep looks like it would be fun to play.
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tundra cave

Tritis pass looks cool-I'm a fan of overhangs and using terrain itself as LoS blockers.
Old July 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Trinity Keep, it looks pretty fun to play.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Necromancy time!

Stone and Flesh:

PDF File: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s7675i8knieu1og

Recently I've been making what I hope are more tournament-friendly maps, with better limitations on the terrain. I may have several of these Virtualscaped, so I may post more soon. Also, I've got a PDF file now, and I'll PFD my earlier maps if anyone is interested. The glyphs under the bridges are Ulvania and Crevcor. This map is 1 SotM and 1 FotA.

I have not played on this map yet, but I plan to do so soon.
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Necromancy time!

Stone and Flesh:

Recently I've been making what I hope are more tournament-friendly maps, with better limitations on the terrain. I may have several of these Virtualscaped, so I may post more soon. Also, I've got a PDF file now, and I'll PFD my earlier maps if anyone is interested. The glyphs under the bridges are Ulvania and Crevcor. This map is 1 SotM and 1 FotA.

Reminds me of two of my own maps (Hive-in-a-Box and Purification Plant), but more competitive.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Necromancy time!

Stone and Flesh:

Reminds me of two of my own maps (Hive-in-a-Box and Purification Plant), but more competitive.
I did take some inspiration from Hive-in-a-Box, actually.

I'm a little worried there isn't enough cover to balance melee vs. range, but that is yet to be seen.
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:21 PM

I played a few games on Stone and Flesh.

The first four were a ranged army versus a melee army. The armies struck even at 2 wins each, though the melee army won convincingly each time it suceeded while the range army only barely won during one of its wins. The Hive does not quite want to sit on its base, but this is impossible to notice once the map is complete. It takes two turns for most figures to reach either glyph, though the common glyph was neglected because both armies contained only unique figures. Dominating either bridge is pretty difficult, and even once all figures are cleared off it it's easy to reach from the ladders or the other bridge. fitting figures under the overhangs is pretty difficult, and you may have to remove the bridges in order to put figures down there. LoS through the hive is interesting, but doesen't seem to have an advantage either way.

The second games were a mix of commons and uniques. One army was Stingers, SBN, NGS, Marro Warriors, and Raelin. The other was Cyprien/Sonya, Deathstalkers, Deathreavers, and Dumutef. The marro army one both times, probably because they got the common attack glyph in both games with NGS. The rats can't clog the map up all that easily and the deathstalkers didn't have much trouble getting around, despite being double-spaced. Getting figures off the glyphs isn't as easy as it is on some maps, but it was doable - NGS only managed to stay off the glyph the whole game because at most only one deathstalker went after him at a time.

Overall the map feels pretty balanced to me.
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM

Two new maps...

Northwind

Not much to say here. I've been experimenting with Castle/Glacier battlefields, and I think this is the best so far. Again, I have not played it, but I plan to do so soon.

PDF File: http://www.mediafire.com/?4oovhe29459456a

~-~-~-~-

Maw

Now I really like this one, but I don't have so much as a single dungeon set, let alone two, so I really can't play it. I'd love for someone to build this and see how it plays.

PDF File: http://www.mediafire.com/?4oovhe29459456a
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM

New Map:

Acerbatus

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?fz05efj61x58384

Requires one RotV and one FotA. I have played on this map. The pillar and elevated areas in the corner are not quite as dominant as they seem. There are no glyphs on this map, as I could not think of a place I could put them without blocking paths or making them accessible on the first turn, both of which I'm strongly opposed to.
Old December 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

I like your maps -- they are quite unique and look nice even in the way they simply look -- do you think you could get me the build instructions for Somnus Reef, I'm interested in playing on that map! If you could do tha I'd appreciate it and give you feedback.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:10 PM

I could definitely get the PDF later tonight. Really though, it's not terribly complicated and you could just build it fron the picture.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios