Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms; plans new movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Also, Hasbro denied the rumors they are talking to Disney. Good news.
No way that Disney could buy out Hasbro anytime soon. Maybe in a couple of years, but they still need to digest Lucasfilms, and prove that such a massive acquisition is worthwhile. I can't see them acquiring anything major until after 2015. If both Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII are successful, they could afford to take another bite out of the industry.
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Also, Hasbro denied the rumors they are talking to Disney. Good news.
No way that Disney could buy out Hasbro anytime soon. Maybe in a couple of years, but they still need to digest Lucasfilms, and prove that such a massive acquisition is worthwhile. I can't see them acquiring anything major until after 2015. If both Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII are successful, they could afford to take another bite out of the industry.
Exactly, Disney is going to become massive if Episode VII and AII are successful.
Old November 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Indy 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Indy 3

Sorry, but 3 was awful. 4 still felt like classic Indy. Yeah, I hate Shia Lebouf (However you spell it), but the plot was awesome. 3 had Connery (Who's always awesome to see), but it was SO campy I could hardly stand it. I laughed the whole way through it, and not in the good way.
No. Shame on you. Last Crusade may not be as good as Raiders, but doesn't have aliens. Also, Sean Connery.

I'm tentative about this. Disney bought Marvel solely for the revenue. Marvel hits a bunch demographics that Disney just wasn't hitting with all their bored to death Disney Princess crap. However, Disney had absolutely nothing to do with the Marvel movies themselves. That's all still Marvel Studios. This acquisition of Lucasfilm looks different. It appears Disney is taking control of the production process directly.

The idea that Lucas has any hand in these movies at all worries me. He's proven himself to be more or less a hack these days, which is a shame. Hopefully Lucas will be far enough removed that these movies are at least watchable, unlike the prequels.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but things can't get much worse for the Star Wars franchise right now. I honestly think the best move would be to more or less reboot everything by making any new movies set in the Old Republic era. The Old Republic games have been great, and that era of the Star Wars universe is full of material.
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Sorry, but 3 was awful. 4 still felt like classic Indy. Yeah, I hate Shia Lebouf (However you spell it), but the plot was awesome. 3 had Connery (Who's always awesome to see), but it was SO campy I could hardly stand it. I laughed the whole way through it, and not in the good way.
I'm with Schulzy on this one.

Let's see, things wrong with 4 that 1-3 didn't have..

1. Aliens, Indy's never been about aliens but historical artifacts.

2. Horrible CGI - all previous entries have been filmed on location or in elaborate sets. 4 was filled to the brim with fake forests, fake looking cgi bugs and buildings, it was just awful.

3. Complete abandonment of any attempt at realism with the jarring and unintentionally side-splitting badness of the fridge at ground zero.

Sorry, but 4 felt nothing like the other 3 in tone at all.

That said, only thing I care about the Star Wars movies is who is the writer and director - the less input Lucas has the better, but they have to honor the movies feel and spirit. Not copy mindlessly what has gone before now - just retain that feel.

I personally wanna see old Luke.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Quote:
Stuff about liking Indy 4
No. Shame on you. Last Crusade may not be as good as Raiders, but doesn't have aliens. Also, Sean Connery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I'm with Schulzy on this one.
Doesn't mean Lord Pyre's opinion is wrong though. (How can it be? It's his opinion!) Remember, we all like different things, so let's agree to disagree on what is good and what isn't and go back to pretending we all know exactly what's going to happen with Disney & Lucasfilm...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:09 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Indy 4 IS about history, though. Did ya'll miss my point? Roswell is a big historical moment that's right up Indy's alley.

It's fine you guys like 3 better, just don't discount my argument.
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Indy 4 IS about history, though. Did ya'll miss my point? Roswell is a big historical moment that's right up Indy's alley.

Your explanation behind why they choose to go in that direction is exactly why I felt comfortable with aliens and science fiction slowly moving into the franchise.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:02 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Plus their are actual crystal skulls in the world with unexplained origins, that some people even now still believe have mystic properties. They very much fit into the similar mold of the 'magic stones' in Temple of Doom. I like all 4 of the Indy movies, I just like Raiders & Last Crusade a bit more then the Doom & Crystal Skull. Maybe it is because those two revolve around well know Christian religions artifacts and it has Indy fighting the Nazis. More interesting artifacts & enemies.
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:49 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:

Plus their are actual crystal skulls in the world with unexplained origins, that some people even now still believe have mystic properties. They very much fit into the similar mold of the 'magic stones' in Temple of Doom. I like all 4 of the Indy movies, I just like Raiders & Last Crusade a bit more then the Doom & Crystal Skull. Maybe it is because those two revolve around well know Christian religions artifacts and it has Indy fighting the Nazis. More interesting artifacts & enemies.
My favorite as well.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Sadly nothing mysterious about them at all. They're hoaxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal..._skull_origins

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Sadly nothing mysterious about them at all. They're hoaxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal..._skull_origins
Haha! The man links Wikipedia and says paraphrased "I discount your argument using Wikipedia as my proof!"

The current mystery provided by the crystal skulls involves the carbon dating + available tools at the time /= the quality shown. Combined with the wide distribution across areas of the map not known to have been in communication with each other at the time.

Here is my proof. http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/home.html.
don't worry you can trust my cited source as well!

To be honest if you are looking to peel apart the nature of the movie's plot source, anyone could provide argument for why the other focus points are also fake or made up. It only serves to dispel the mystery that makes a good movie.

Old November 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Dr Feelgood

Sigh, You see, most Wikipedia articles, like that one, often have these small little blue numbers at the end of their sentences. If you click on them, it links you to this thing called "sources".

EDIT: See amazing links like these if you follow the sources...

http://www.britishmuseum.org/about_u...tal_skull.aspx

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...al_skulls.aspx

http://www.springerlink.com/content/p53g67m845762616/

Last edited by jschild; November 8th, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies