Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: sportcult's custom terrain - updated - Rimworld Colony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
I cannot believe how I missed this thread for so long! This is hands down some of THE BEST custom terrain I have ever or will ever see! Your style on every type of setting, whether it's a lava field, graveyard, space colony, farmland, or woodland is absolutely beautiful. Thank you also for the very informative tutorials. The pictures of the customs alone have inspired me to get to work, but the tutorials have taken my inspiration to the next level! I'll be checking this thread every day for updates!

Nobody likes a suck up.

Old February 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM

thezandcshow has disabled reputation
Talking Re: sportcult's custom terrain - updated - Rimworld Colony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
I cannot believe how I missed this thread for so long! This is hands down some of THE BEST custom terrain I have ever or will ever see! Your style on every type of setting, whether it's a lava field, graveyard, space colony, farmland, or woodland is absolutely beautiful. Thank you also for the very informative tutorials. The pictures of the customs alone have inspired me to get to work, but the tutorials have taken my inspiration to the next level! I'll be checking this thread every day for updates!

Nobody likes a suck up.

Good one. But nobody's sucking up because this is really all perfect. Maybe Wizards should take my "From the Fans" concept into consideration and put some of this PERFECTION into the poll for which one would be best.

Do I really need a signature?
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM

JakeAndy has disabled reputation

Hey sportcult, like most people listed in this thread, I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! Its great, but i have 1 request. For the people that aren't as talented with foam can you give a tutorial on how to make the foam rock look, like in the Einar Outpost. Thanks.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller
JakeAndy's Custom Terrain

Last edited by JakeAndy; March 4th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, I am about to begin making terrain out of foam, and I have a few questions. First, for something like this well:

How would you make that from a 1 inch sheet of foam? Are there large block varieties that you can just hack at or something?

Second, which would be simpler to use, the pink or green foams? I really want something easy to use for this first project.

Third, would styrofoam work? I would imagine it would be hard to use, but is it useable?

Thanks for putting up with me, but you seem to be the best when it comes to these matters so...
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:28 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart

Use Pink foam if you can as it is more compressed and takes your paint better. The white stuff breaks into little bulls and because it is not as compressed will take a lot of coats of paint. The green stuff you would pretty much have to coat with something to even get to work worth a darn. The pink insulation foam is definitely te best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Hey, I am about to begin making terrain out of foam, and I have a few questions. First, for something like this well:

How would you make that from a 1 inch sheet of foam? Are there large block varieties that you can just hack at or something?

Second, which would be simpler to use, the pink or green foams? I really want something easy to use for this first project.

Third, would styrofoam work? I would imagine it would be hard to use, but is it useable?

Thanks for putting up with me, but you seem to be the best when it comes to these matters so...
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:31 PM

Bill Sykes Woo who?

Great stuff here! This is amazing! I love the Rimworld Colony. So creative! Any new plans?

Smilyvillle is being taken over! IT'S THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Luckily, a resistance has been formed.
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:45 AM

friedscience is surprisingly tart

Amazing work!

Do you make hexes for the terrain to go on?
The long tubes in the Rimworld colony look like they're on a single long hex tile... Is that just a trick of the camera and they're really on one of the standard hex bases? Or do you make hex tiles to fit what you're making? If so, how do you make the hexes? They look like completely normal hexes along the edges.

Either way, it looks like you base the terrain slightly lower than the hex tiles normally reach (the bases of the walls sort of blend with the ground rather than being above them). Do you sand down the hex to the level you need?
Old January 30th, 2010, 05:10 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Wow, Those are masterful! The lost desert is quite Beautiful, and Eirnar's fortress looks so perfect!

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Nive stuff. I like the giant bonsai-type tree and Einar's Outpost best.
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:01 PM

masonator97 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Very cool!

The cake is a lie...
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: sportcult's custom terrain

All of your work is amazing, but I am especially covetous of this-
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcult View Post

What do you list your stuff under on ebay? With my current finanial situation I don't think that I could justify buying anything for myself, but I do have a brother with a birthday coming up...

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Excellent! Just Excellent.

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles