Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 21st, 2016, 08:54 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I thought Star Wars TFA was incredible, really blew me away. I see a lot of people picking apart little details in the story or characters, but I didn't see any of it when I first saw the movie, so I could care less, I thought they did a great job of incorporating new ideas into an old story. Also, this one had, by far, the best camera work of any of the films. I hate to rate a movie without seeing it two or three times, but it might be my favorite of the 7.

Saw The Revenant and The Hateful Eight this weekend. Both good, and both incredibly long, not for the faint of heart. H8 has a slow start, but the end scene of the movie is my favorite in a Tarantino movie to date (and I'm a big fan), Samuel L Jackson stole the show in the end, but all of the acting was great. Really hard R rating though.

I was not as impressed as most people have been about the Revanant. The acting was incredible, and the cinematography was breathtaking, but it had about as much dialogue as Mad Max, just less action and more silent views of the landscape. There is a scene in the beginning that really pulled me in with a super awesome fight scene, with some really cool shot design, but IMO it went down hill until the final scene, which was really cool.
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:22 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I see a lot of people picking apart little details in the story or characters, but I didn't see any of it when I first saw the movie, so I could care less
No you couldn't.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:32 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I see a lot of people picking apart little details in the story or characters, but I didn't see any of it when I first saw the movie, so I could care less
No you couldn't.

Got me there
Old January 21st, 2016, 11:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I bet you he could. He did post about it, didn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 21st, 2016, 02:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Watched Age of Ultron last night, still really happy with how that one turned out. Only real complaint is they should have left in the scenes they cut out featuring Thor on his quest to better understand what he saw in his dream. Joss really does fantastic dialog with all the witty banter back and forth through out the movie. Then of course the action is top notch too. Oh, I guess I still do have one other complaint. They should not have killed off Baron Von Strucker like that. Off screen and with no fanfare. He was barely in the MCU.
Old January 30th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Watched Kung Fu Panda 3 yesterday. It was good, but not quite as good as the first two, which if you haven't seen yet... go watch them right now and see what you've been missing, you pansy.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 1st, 2016, 09:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Had a free Redbox rental, so I finally saw Fantastic Four. It was thoroughly ... OK. A lot of time spent in set up, some of which was interesting and I enjoyed, some of which was repetitive or just dragged a bit. The payoff wasn't really there. You can tell where the producers meddled with things as the final battle feels tacked on and has no emotional weight. I liked a lot about it, but I think that at the pace it was going it needed about four more hours to really have any character arcs or real sense of drama. Might've been awesome as a TV show.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 1st, 2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool idea Bats. It would have made a great NetFlix series, maybe.

What would have been cool would have been a Thing movie. You could have included the origin of the other characters but focused on the Ben and the talents of Jamie Bell.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I agree that the fight scenes, primarily the finale seemed tacked on. I still believe the overall story, acting, and ideas were good; it just wasn't well executed coherently.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, there was a lot to like, it just never quite added up to its potential. It's like they had interesting characters but didn't know what to do with them.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:01 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Because the joke hasn't been done to death yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What would have been cool would have been a Thing movie.
Ahem...

~TAF,

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:51 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Had a free Redbox rental, so I finally saw Fantastic Four. It was thoroughly ... OK. A lot of time spent in set up, some of which was interesting and I enjoyed, some of which was repetitive or just dragged a bit. The payoff wasn't really there. You can tell where the producers meddled with things as the final battle feels tacked on and has no emotional weight. I liked a lot about it, but I think that at the pace it was going it needed about four more hours to really have any character arcs or real sense of drama. Might've been awesome as a TV show.
. . . but then the commercial breaks every 15 minutes would have ruined it.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies