Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Just to let you know, Ixe, I really like the look of Viceron and I've decided to pick him up to try out.
I'm glad to hear it. I think he's a blast. I do plan on submitting him to SoV at some point, but I'm waiting on how they respond to the Elgos Knights first.
Old October 15th, 2014, 06:34 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Viceron is almost like a Cyp except can target many other figures. He seems very thematic in a vampire army, even though he is a human. He's pretty scary. I could see him being accepted if that wording becomes a little easier to read. I understood it, but SoV can get picky with that at times. Great overall custom, a guy I too wouldn't mind throwing in my collection.
Old October 15th, 2014, 06:45 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Viceron is almost like a Cyp except can target many other figures. He seems very thematic in a vampire army, even though he is a human. He's pretty scary. I could see him being accepted if that wording becomes a little easier to read. I understood it, but SoV can get picky with that at times. Great overall custom, a guy I too wouldn't mind throwing in my collection.
I have two Viceron's, the Bloody and the Blood Knight. The Blood Knight is the one I would submit, where his special attack is an explosion from himself. This is the same wording used with another SoV accepted custom, Brimstone, and is not a problem. I personally prefer the cone version, but the wording won't work for VC in general.

While he may similar to Cyprien on paper with his general, point cost, and Life draining type ability, I assure you they play very differently. Viceron's low life and self wounding power alongside his Sanguine Sword give him some really interesting tension on when to use his special attack to try to claim a lot of kills and when to swing his sword and heal up instead.

I would leave him out of a vampire army, personally. My real hope is for him to be wrapped up into a squad that bonds with knights at some point, but I guess we'll see. I do have another custom, the Knights of Ozommon, that can perform that task.
Old October 15th, 2014, 07:09 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

The cone attack is a very sweet touch on him. You are right, without stealth flying and a twenty sider ability he is completely different. Also, why would I think two Cyprien's playing together make sense anyway? I really need to think things through a little more!
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:50 PM

When I was organizing my OP I noticed that I had not made a single Ullar unit over all of my customs. This clearly has to change.

This is Lini, Gnome Druid from Pathfinder Miniatures Legends of Golarian.

NAME = Isely
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Gnome
CLASS = Druid
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Small 3
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 110

PLANT GROWTH

Isely starts each game with up to two underbrush pieces on her Army Card. After moving and before attacking, you may place an underbrush piece onto an empty land space within 3 spaces of Isely if the underbrush piece fits normally onto that space.

NATURE'S WRATH
Instead of attacking, you may choose any number of small, medium, or large figures adjacent to any tree or bush. Roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

CLIMBx2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Isely may double her height.

Isely is a druid focused around floramancy, the magic of growing and manipulating plants. She is able to make them take root in appropriate ground and flourish in an instant. She can then control these plants to lash out at those around them, effectively using nature itself as a weapon.

In play, while I suspect she may occasionally drop a plant next to an enemy to lash out at them with Nature's Wrath (note that underbrush pieces have special placement rules of being interlocked with tiles on at least two of its sides), I would venture that her second power is best used when you don't use it at all. On jungle plant heavy maps, the nature of her ability would discourage your opponent from using plants for cover and leave them more open to your ranged attacks. It can even lead to a game of order marker cat and mouse where they try to decide whether or not to risk the cover or face Nature's Wrath. Meanwhile, your side can enjoy the added protection of a newly sprouted plant should an order marker on her otherwise go to waste.

Otherwise, as essentially the plant counterpart to Mika Connour, she can somewhat aid other plant based figures like the Eilan Sidhe but largely shouldn't be considered outside of plant-heavy maps.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; October 21st, 2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: IshMEL's "any" suggestion
Old October 20th, 2014, 10:00 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quick question on Nature's Wrath -- is "choose any number of figures adjacent to a tree or bush" mean "all figures on the map adjacent to any and all trees / bushes" or "any figures adjacent to a particular tree/bush"? I can read it both ways -- and they're quite different.
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:04 AM

The intention is any figure adjacent to any and all trees and bushes. So if two figures are standing next to one tree and another figure is standing next to a bush, she can affect all three of them with her ability.
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:18 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

OK, I see. You may want to change the phrasing to "you may choose any number of small, medium, or large figures adjacent to any tree or bush" just to reduce the potential for confusion.

I like her (in general, you know, I like Druids) and placing bushes (a shrubbery!) is a cool power (and less problematic than some of the tree-placing powers I have seen). IMHO Nature's Wrath would be more thematic if it affected one figure per tree / bush. (You could lower the odds on the wound to compensate.) I can see a bush lashing out at one figure, I have a harder time envisioning one striking six figures at once. But, maybe they're releasing some toxic spoors or something.... anyway, a neat figure and I look forward to hearing how she does on the battlefield!
Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:54 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Mephistopheles
Excellent design. Field of Fire is an excellent indirect way of making a Devil army work well together, given their natural immunity. What's particularly interesting is that he is quite effective even without order markers (once he's in position), giving you freedom to work with your other Devils. Stealth Flying feels a tad overboard, but not terribly so given the cost.

Isely
A good concept, but planting underbrush is actually somewhat limited. According to the rulebook, they must be latched on to at least two other pieces (yes, really!). I assume "fits normally" would include that rule. Otherwise, yes, I can tell you from experience (with one of my own customs) that Nature's Wrath will be more useful as a movement deterrent than a viable attacking power.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the comments, they're always appreciated. @IshMEL , I see the Nature's Wrath power as the plant thrashing and lashing out in all directions. Think a sort of whirlwind attack as it swings it's branches or thorny vines around. Trees can be scary. Just look at what Durkon has to say about trees in this Order of the Stick Comic. In any case, I'm glad to hear that you like her (I also am a fan of druids). Fun fact: Isely is named after Pamela Isely, a.k.a. Poison Ivy.
@Scytale , glad to hear that you like Mephistopheles' design. You pretty much summed up all the parts I was going for with him and how they ignite the field to their favor. I had to give him flying because his wings and changed it to Stealth Flying last second since I was costing him so high anyway and he started to remind me of Taelord.

As far as Isely is concerned, I am well aware of the placing restrictions on shrubs which is ideally covered by "fits normally." It does indeed make it fairly limited, but there will always be places to grow plants on any given map. And yes, as I was commenting in her design, Nature's Wrath is one of those powers that are at their best when they are not even used. She more of forces the opponent to play around it rather than accomplish anything significant. That being said, I am contemplating some future design that helps this druid and other plant-friendly units.

Regardless, thank you all for commenting.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:16 PM

Solovar's Primal Throw attack seems kind of like my Kyrie's ability. Mind if I use some of the wording to try to figure out mine?
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:30 PM

I reallllly like the Omnicron Leapers. They are also on sale right now on the minitureamarket! I might have to pick up a couple squads.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm kind of just commenting as I go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards