Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Design Discussion **(Vote on the Directio

If you go the MM Utility Glyphs direction, why not augment two characters with one card? For instance names could be:
  • World's Finest (Batman and Superman)
  • Brave and the Bold (GL and Flash)
  • Fast and Furious (Green Arrow and Black Canary)
  • Ferocious Femmes (Hawkgirl and Wonder Woman)
  • Science Showcase (Hawkman and Atom)
  • Super Buddies (Booster Gold and Blue Beetle)
  • Opposites Attract (Fire and Ice)
  • Cold War (Captain Atom and Rocket Red)
  • Newbies (Firestorm and Cyborg)

These are just examples.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Amen.

1A. 3 points

Though the vote is pointless until we know what we have to overcome and if it is even possible to not get vetoed.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:35 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
More than anything...
Right on the money on that one. I've been trying to get them to speak up and join in, because we can all come to a complete agreement and think it's the best course of action, but it means nothing if 3 out of the 5 veto it.

So yeah, don't be so shy all 5 of you. You've got an enthusiastic group of people who are pouring a lot of effort into something, so it'd be nice to know if we're wasting our time, or what the boundaries, requirements, or desires are etc.

As for the 2nd part. That may be a bit of a complex poll unless you've been following along the entire time(most haven't, especially the heroes who haven't even commented yet), so I figured it may be best to have poll options that clearly stated what the option is, and gave an example. However. I do like what you have there, and if they ever make their presence known, a poll like that would be perfect.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

That seems much more complicated. We already have a pretty good poll going, why not stick to it?

As for the Heroes opinions, @johnny139 @Karat @SirGalahad @TrollBrute @Viegon how did you guys vote, and what was your reasoning behind the vote you cast?

Edit: I think it's kind of funny nobody had actually mentioned them until now, but we really need their input.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:39 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
If you go the MM Utility Glyphs direction, why not augment two characters with one card? For instance names could be:
Not a bad idea either. It'd trade individuality and personal bonuses being offered, in favor for covering 2 heroes together. Though, that means you'd have to draft both together? If that's the case, it'd also limit the variety of teams you could have, and turn a group synergy into a duo synergy. It's at least worth discussing, if the glyph version is favored.

Regardless, we need an official ruling here from the actual people that are going to prevent any or all of this first.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:41 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Not a bad idea either. It'd trade individuality and personal bonuses being offered, in favor for covering 2 heroes together. Though, that means you'd have to draft both together? If that's the case, it'd also limit the variety of teams you could have, and turn a group synergy into a duo synergy. It's at least worth discussing, if the glyph version is favored.

Regardless, we need an official ruling here from the actual people that are going to prevent any or all of this first.
Just to be clear, I'd make it so he could draft 3 glyphs too, so a solid chunk of heroes could be represented. Also, I'd think of a way to combine the two heroes into the new Special Power allowed by the glyph, similar in principle, but not design, to how the combined specials work in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Design Discussion **Heroes Need to Weigh

Gun to my head, right now, I'd pick Option C - Classes and Personalities. I know I was down on it initially, but I think with some trimming to that big list down to key features is wide enough to capture the full scope of the League but allow for interesting cross-synergies that are Heroscape classics.

But, given the choice? More discussion first. More ideas. More exploring. That means finding lots of dead-ends and lots of good ideas that will be left on the roadside.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
More than anything I'd like to know exactly what the positions were of the 3 heroes that voted for the veto.
I don't. OK, I have some minor idle curiosity, but really I don't think it's important. I just want to overwhelm them with the sheer awesomeness of a new version that has the backing of a large core of people.

Too much worry about the politics here IMO. If we do a good enough job on the design everything will fall into place. Some heroes might have the same vision as you, and some might have something different, but they know quality when they see it. If we have something good that makes sense and has a clear vision behind it, I doubt it gets turned down even if it's not what a few of them would have picked the first time.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:13 PM

@dok
What was so bad about what we initially had, if thats the case? What we were doing was on par, or at least unique enough, with a lot of synergies that have been passed. If it's a timing issue, then those people need to say so. I just don't think some of us are as optimistic about potentially being cut off at home base again.

@johnny139
Ok. But I think it's important to know if there's something that's absolutely not going to pass.

Last edited by Arkham; July 23rd, 2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

There is nothing - save things that are clearly broken, unbalanced, or unthematic - that is "absolutely not going to pass." I can speak for what I, personally, will vote against, but at this stage of vague concepts that's hard to pin down.

At this point, unless they strike absolute platinum quality designs, I imagine I would vote against the following design directions: JL Markers, a full Team Card (that is, a completely new system), and full-on "every class under the sun granted synergy by a single card" design. Not a hard no, but I'd need to be convinced.

Overall, I'm going to treat whatever design tries to go through the public process here differently. With most "Hero Votes," I'll vote Yea unless there's a specific reason not to. For example: not to pick on any design, but I don't care much for the Public Cheshire design, personally. But I don't have a problem with it going through because I don't have a vested interest in Cheshire.

With this, though, the opposite is true. I'll vote Nay unless there's a specific reason to. Whatever Justice League synergy is introduced is going to wildly affect how we treat designs for many, many characters in the future. It will be an irrevocable change to a huge chunk of the C3G universe. I'm going to be extremely conservative on any associated decision. I won't settle for good, or even great, designs, so long as I'm convinced that the perfect one exists somewhere out there.

But that's just me. I'm only one of many (or, nowadays, not so many) Heroes. So I don't think that I speak for everyone on the subject - though, in my experience, the Heroes tend toward conservative voting when someone raises an objection.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:44 PM

Ok, that helps. Now we know what we're up against. Thank you for the thorough response.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Side Eye

Only been half paying attention to this conversation. I'd prefer some kind of JL Markers in the vein of Avengers Markers. That just seems the easiest way to get everything we want with a lot of mechanical possibilities. If I get any ideas, I'll chime in otherwise I'll just be half watching this thread.

~Dysole, finding it hilarious how many parallels can be drawn between the Marvel and DC movie universes and this whole thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy