Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 13th, 2010, 08:55 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
Unfortunately this is now the norm on this forum. People can't let the D&D thing go. It's like someone busted into their home and beat them up and spray painted the words Dungeons and Dragons all over the place.
Rather like the Roman Senator Cato who concluded any speech on any subject with "Furthermore it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed."

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For the record, I don't ignore people for having opinions I disagree with. I ignore them for basing their opinions on logic that makes my head hurt so much that I'm fairly likely to grow into a fully enraged Hulk state if I keep reading it and then expressing those opinions without any regard to calm, rational thinking from other parties.
If someone just says "hey, I don't like these bases," I'm never going to ignore that. It's "how you say it" for me, not "what you say." If that makes me a jerk, so be it, but I've decided I'm at the point where I'd rather just not continue to read posts that give me headaches.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 13th, 2010, 09:34 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For the record, I don't ignore people for having opinions I disagree with. I ignore them for basing their opinions on logic that makes my head hurt so much that I'm fairly likely to grow into a fully enraged Hulk state if I keep reading it and then expressing those opinions without any regard to calm, rational thinking from other parties.
If someone just says "hey, I don't like these bases," I'm never going to ignore that. It's "how you say it" for me, not "what you say." If that makes me a jerk, so be it, but I've decided I'm at the point where I'd rather just not continue to read posts that give me headaches.
I think that is the best plan. I do the same with most of the 'I hate D&D' posts. If someone simply states that they don't care for them, thats different, But the ' OMG Wotc is destroyin ma gamez.' posts make me want to leap out a window.

I like Facts.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:37 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULUS View Post
This is going to be my last word on the subject, and then just please move on... For the third time, this was my opinion, and mine alone. Everyone is entitled to their own and I welcome ideas even if they differ from what I think. I did not make my statement without thinking it through carefully and editing/re-editing before posting it. I do not think that you need to agree with me, I am stating MY opinion. I have read through the comments and remarks made, and there are more compounding reasons for me to not by the new waves than just the bases.

However, unproductive comments like "Grow a pair" (Mad_Wookie) are not appreciated. Voicing one's opinion, especially an unpopular opinion, show much more bravery and integrity than miserably following the majority. I would rather be neg-repped into oblivion than agree for the sake of agreeing. If you feel that giving me a red mark is going to make it change feel free if it makes you feel better. I am resolute in my remarks and stand by them.

What does hurt is being "ignored" by IAmBatman. We have had several great conversations about customs and I look to you as a mentor of sorts in that field. Ignoring me and regarding my personal opinion as "stupid" because we do not agree just shows that you are not worthy of talking to anyway.

Thank you.
Just so we're clear - it's one thing to have an opinion on the bases. It's another to start throwing around accusations that WotC is considering blind purchase as a result. That's not an opinion. It's at best unfounded speculation and at worst deliberate fearmongering. It isn't brave, it doesn't show integrity and you don't get any honor points for making stuff up and creating unfounded rumors. Voicing that stuff in public allows others to have an opinion on your opinion. Is your opinion the only one that gets to be shared, or can others say what they think about your opinion? It goes both ways.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes - have a certain level of self-discipline, decorum, and true consideration of the issue present in your posts - that's all I'm saying. Suggesting that the base changes will lead to the game being suddenly blind purchase is a slippery slope fallacy at its best and downright absurd drama queen behavior at its worst. If someone wants to be taken seriously as a poster and have his comments valued and widely read, that seems like a poor post to put out there.
But, I've ranted on this far long enough and it's incredibly off-topic, for which I apologize.
The bases are being changed. It's not ideal. But I'm over it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 13th, 2010, 10:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As I've said elsewhere, I suspect that I'll be just centering the figures on the hex when Line of Sight questions come up! (We started using a laser pointer last game for LOS issues).

For people who say they won't buy the new figures, perhaps you'll meet them on the battlefield when other people do, and then you'll get to see whether they work for you or not, for free.

The interesting thing to do, ignoring the meat of the issue, is to step back and see how flexible or inflexible a personality you are, and whether you are cool with it or not...
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Barbasol is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygon View Post
DnD is usually played on table maps that have 1 inch squares which represent 5 feet. The default small bases in Heroscape are too big to fit in them. The new smaller bases, however, will fit.
Well the obvious solution is just to change the scale on DnD maps to be a bit bigger! Duh!

/humor
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:52 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I couldn't help but laugh when I showed my wife the newer bases and she said.........."so".

I told her that they changed them to be more compatable with other games and she said........"that's a good idea"!

There you have it. Carry on.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
I couldn't help but laugh when I showed my wife the newer bases and she said.........."so".

I told her that they changed them to be more compatable with other games and she said........"that's a good idea"!

Fiance said the same thing. When I told her people were throwing a fit about it online, Her exact words were "People on the internet will whine about anything."

Fiance = Full of Win

I like Facts.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Fiance said the same thing. When I told her people were throwing a fit about it online, Her exact words were "People on the internet will whine about anything."

Fiance = Full of Win
I was reading this to my g.friend and she said "so what" before I finished and "That makes sense right away". Dem' Women be smart.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:50 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:

Fiance = Full of Win
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

I was reading this to my g.friend and she said "so what" before I finished and "That makes sense right away". Dem' Women be smart.

Continuing the downward trend...I didn't tell my fiance anything

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoobu View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Fiance = Full of Win
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

Continuing the downward trend...I didn't tell my fiance anything
Especially didn't tell her how many Commons you are going to be buying?

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News