Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 26th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 10-19-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Had a chance over the last week to get my painting on. First up are some AOTP Magic squad figures that needed a paintjob.
BLAZING FIRECATS

PHOENIX'S

These guys that fight for the red planeswalker just got a bit of orange, yellow, and a touch of white for a drybrush. Painted the base brown with a red color band around the base. I hit the figures with a gloss clearcoat followed up with a flat clearcoat on the base.
I love the look of your fire cats.

What do you you use for Clearcoat, I read a tutorial once where the clearcoat lead to the figure being tacky. Any suggestions would be welcome.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 10-25-15

@wriggz , I use Krylon Clear spraypaint-Flat. The trick to keeping them from being tacky is to hold the can back far enough where it doesn't get too thick. I recommend holding the can back about 1 1/2 to 2 feet away, and mist it on to seal in the acrylic. Thanks for the kind words.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 4th, 2015, 07:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 11-04-15

Been busy with getting a bunch of Figure mod and paint jobs done lately. Here they are. This is the first one. A complete cloned figure with a modified paint job and different guns.

Vydar's Flagbearer Laglor

This was a very hard figure to clone. I had to clone it in a couple of different molds while keeping it in one piece.(It's a borrowed figure, thanks @dart48 ) Even after cloning it the guns didn't quite look right, so instead of cloning it again I borrowed two guns from some extra zettian guards. I then custom color matched as well as I could with my cheap wal mart paint, and ended up doing the flag paintjob different as well.

Old November 4th, 2015, 07:53 PM
"like" happy

Up next are some easy to do mods for some Heroes of Fiction characters.

Dexter Morgan

Harry Potter

All that was done here was a repaint of the figures and some really simple greenstuff weapons, a knife and a wand. Along with a wash of course and some clearcoat krylon spray paint.

Old November 4th, 2015, 08:01 PM
"like" happy

Here is a custom Deadpool figure I'm going to use for C3G. Its another mini(can't remember the name.) a modified greenstuff head and a complete paint job.

Marvel's Deadpool

Old November 4th, 2015, 08:11 PM
"like" happy

Here is a completely Original sculpt out of greenstuff. He has been built over the last year. He is what I have added all my bits and pieces of extra greenstuff that is left over from all kinds of projects.

MARRO HIVELORD

This guy was painted with multiple coats of ivory paint. Two washes of Tuscan red mixed with water/floor wax Hive Eye in the middle of his chest painted with yellows, greens, and a little purple. Integrated Metal plating painted black with 2 shades of silver dry brush. Entire figure finalized with a dark brown wash and some clear coat. Hope you enjoy this frankenstien monster from all of 2015.

Old November 4th, 2015, 11:03 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Well, he looks like a horrid abomination. I guess that's the point of the Marro, isn't it? Great custom, looks really nice with the giant eye and beefy arms. Does it have a name?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 5th, 2015, 11:43 AM
"like" happy

@Marro Warlord, no name yet as I have too many other projects to even give him any attention in the card department. Thanks for checking out my thread.

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:34 AM
"like" happy

Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 2-23-16 Darth Maul

DARTH MAUL

Here I have a custom Mod for a Darth Maul figure. You can get a sneak peek of his card if you play test for HOSS. I'll show step by step how I made my own.

First off I grabbed two cheap starwars minis I already had.

Then I chopped off the ones head, glued it to the other ones body, and added some custom robe add ons with some greenstuff. I also chopped off the saber wielding hand and re-positioned it in a more maul stance angle, and super glued it back on.

Then I painted him black(except the lightsaber in which I painted red.) Then added in the detail paint. With a light brush on of red on the lightsaber it kept the translucence underneath. Gave him a couple of dark grey dry brushes, added some red paint on the face. The horns are just a coat of Ivory, and the face tattoos were done with a fine point ink pen. Then clear coat. A Darth Maul for a fraction of the price. Awesome.

Hope you enjoyed. I certainly like him. His card that HOSS is working on is pretty fun as well.

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:45 AM
"like" happy

Re: TREX's MOD THREAD 2-23-16 Axe Grinder Clones

axegrinder clones

Here are a couple of shots of two squads of finished axegrinders of burning forge that I made for @dart48 , as a favor for letting me borrow his Laglor for the cloning process. They turned out pretty good, but man they were a pain. Any figure with parts that stick way out from the sculpt or should have multiple parts are hard to do with molds unless you cut them up. (I would never hurt my dwarves.) Here are some pics. Enjoy.

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:55 AM
"like" happy

Re: Update: TREX's MOD THREAD 2-23-16

Imperial assault- HK assassin droids

Just a paint job on some droids. There not the droids your looking for.

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:59 AM
"like" happy

Re: Update: TREX's MOD THREAD 2-23-16

Imperial Assault Snow Troopers

Light grey basecoat, white drybrush, detail on guns and eyes with a wash. Can use em with HOSS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions