Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 14th, 2015, 10:10 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Does Every Age Have Its Sunset?

Well, another one of JS' weird doom/sob-oriented posts.

Anyone else just take an hour or so to go back and look at old Heroscape posts? I'm talking back to when the site was more active, even back in 2013 when we had 800+ active member, or maybe even back to 2007 when Truth still roamed the site, and you'd see a Revdyer post on a regular basis, or learn of a new wave release back when you stalked the site (I stalked for a hella long time). Anyone ever go back and remember how he could post on the a thread and receive a reply in a minutes time, and now it can take you as long as a couple days to receive a reply?

I like to consider the time I joined (2012) the beginning of the end. And I suppose it truly died back when HS was discontinued, but even in 2012 the community seemed stable. But slowly the members began to die off, and so did enthusiasm, and with that, discussion as a whole. I look back to when Stinger Denial (*cringe*) had a big on going discussions (never mind; not one of our communities finer moments) my first CoN game, my first Online HS Game (Thanks, M_S!), my first post (My second one I made a fool of myself in the Rep Thread), the HS Sculpt Figure Polls, the New Petition to Save HS (in which the big mean Batman tired to sucker me into a bet that would cost me my title), the Admin prank a couple years back, my first title (courtesy of Jim), my first strongly personally orientated conversation with a friend .etc and I think about how much our community used to thrive. I think about how this community helped form me as the person I am today, and how each individual impacted me in some way. I look back, and I see a wonderful community, and then I look at it today, and while still wonderful, it's sunset seems to be rapidly approaching.

Honestly, the only reason I keep coming back is in hopes that this community will somehow miraculously bloom into the flower that it was once upon a time. Who knows, maybe this new Magic the Gathering thingy (whatever it is) will bring us enough drive to see the community thrive again. But I like to think of myself as a realist, and since we're not acknowledged as the official website for this expansion (like we were for HS) I have my very strong doubts.

I understand that things pass, that things come and go, that everything has it's beginning and it's end. It's just a little more upsetting to see something that was so rich in contribution to forming you as a person so swiftly decline from what it used to be.

It's still a good community, and the remainder of you folks are fabulous and I envy the ability most of you have to contribute to the community, I just mourn the slow death of our community. Rock on guys, and rock hard, and just maybe you'll succeed in bringing this place back to its former life.

~JS
Old August 15th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Does Every Age Have Its Sunset?

Their loss. You are not going to find a better community anywhere no matter how small it gets.
New members join all the time and it is not uncommon for me to forge a new relationship with a long time member. I love to get feedback from O'sixers. Do not lament.
The golden age may well be upon us. Only with time and perspective will we know the Truth.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; August 16th, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old August 15th, 2015, 02:26 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I've been a 'scaper since '08 so I remember back when this place was on fire with active members. Since it's died down I've seen a lot of the hardcore members stick with it, and less active members die off. Every age has a sunset, but even through the night stars can shine and keep some light going. I'm just grateful for the experiences, friendships, and lessons I've gained on here. I'm gonna stick with it as long as I can and hopefully give back at least a fraction of what I've gained from the community.
Old August 15th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

And every night has its dawn.

And every Sweeney has a sad, sad, song...
Old August 15th, 2015, 03:32 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post

Get Ollie to make a serious post on at least one of my threads.

*added to bucket list*

~JS
Old August 15th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'm talking about the meaning of life here. How is that not serious??
Old August 15th, 2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the meaning of life here. How is that not serious??
Because the meaning of life is quite simple, silly; make JS happy.

~JS
Old August 15th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:

tuned to chords! Strung down your cheeks, bitter melodies-
Old August 15th, 2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:

tuned to chords! Strung down your cheeks, bitter melodies-
Why don't we just all have a singalong?

~JS
Old August 17th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You certainly aren't the only one, I look back at my old posts sometime as well. It's just kinda funny to see the things I said and the stuff I took part of, much of it a don't even remember anymore!
Old August 17th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dunno, I took a break and now I feel like I'm almost as active as I ever was (maybe not quite, but I feel headed in that direction). Long live fanscape!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2015, 11:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This community has meaning not only in how active the site is, but in its effects on the many individuals that come and go on it. We can't begin to know all the things we put in motion, that will continue on or offsite, around the country and around the world.

Long live Valhalla!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online