Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 21st, 2008, 11:04 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Dragons: Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by orc king 101 View Post
Quote:
What about the new dragon that just came out in the original thread he didnt even mention him ? Never mind the awnser is their both dragons just not free willed .

Also wilmba welcome to the site and see the wayyou keep writing and writing you dont have to do thatjust press quote. thats why the little box next to youre avatar is red and not green

psstt...check the dates
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:05 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What about the new dragon that just came out in the original thread he didnt even mention him ? Never mind the awnser is their both dragons just not free willed .
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. I'll pretend that you asked what units it makes sense to compare Zelrig to, because I think that is an interesting question.

I think Zelrig is a unit that brings a genuinely new playstyle. The explosion-type attack makes for comparisons to DW9K and the cowboys. I think Johnny Shotgun and James Murphy can perform a similar startzone blitz but without the speed and power (or the cost) of Zelrig. Alternatively, good range and flying scream clean-up hero. He can run-and-gun (fly-and-fry?) with the best of them. However, he lacks Kaemon Awa's double attack, counterstrike and lower price, so I don't think he's top of the heap in this role.
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
psstt...check the dates
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
psstt...check the dates

I was referring more to orc king welcoming a guy to the site who joined 2 years ago and then telling him how to post so he doesn't have the little red box that matches his own
Old July 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM

orc king 101 costs too much!

sorry I didnt see 2006.Ohh back to the discution!!

All hail followers of utgar!!!
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:39 PM

GENERAL DARKSLAYER has disabled reputation

I got burned in our last game when my unharmed Nilfheim went down to a Deadeye Dan 20 snipe. I'll never condsider having a powerful dragon to be an advantage again.
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL DARKSLAYER View Post
I got burned in our last game when my unharmed Nilfheim went down to a Deadeye Dan 20 snipe. I'll never condsider having a powerful dragon to be an advantage again.
Whoever had Deadeye Dan got REALLY lucky though...
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:50 PM

DualReaver Woo who?

Dragons are useful in the right settings, and it's always fun to watch people run in terror from a dragon that is now eating up their comrades. (I consider all dragon attacks on squads to be devouring, cause it's more fun to imagine. =D )

They are unfortunately quite good at drawing attacks from anything around, since they happen to stand out just a bit more than a tiny little marro. =/

On that note:
Nilfheim is good overall.
SBN is good with his marro bretheren.
Charos eats melee units like Cheerios.
Mimring is good, but only when your opponents have to put some effort into reaching him.
Braxas melts squads like no tommorow, as there won't be one for the guy who had his face burned off by acid.

One of us will be dead by the time you can touch me.
And trust me, the odds aren't in your favor.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:55 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualReaver View Post
Dragons are useful in the right settings, and it's always fun to watch people run in terror from a dragon that is now eating up their comrades. (I consider all dragon attacks on squads to be devouring, cause it's more fun to imagine. =D )

They are unfortunately quite good at drawing attacks from anything around, since they happen to stand out just a bit more than a tiny little marro. =/

On that note:
Mimring is good, but only when your opponents have to put some effort into reaching him.
Braxas melts squads like no tommorow, as there won't be one for the guy who had his face burned off by acid.

Braxas is actually better "overall" than Nifheim only because her narrow frame makes it easier for her to move around more maps than Nilf...ask anyone who has played Nilf on Highways and Dieways
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart

I've been punched for calling SBN a Dragon.
(Talking to you Troubleman23)

Alderaan shot first
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:09 AM

Zelrig is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL DARKSLAYER View Post
You consider that bad, wait untill one of them gets mind shackled...

Zelrig is Eldgrim...
in the ROSE CAVE...

Last edited by Zelrig; July 30th, 2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualReaver View Post

On that note:

Braxas is actually better "overall" than Nifheim only because her narrow frame makes it easier for her to move around more maps than Nilf...ask anyone who has played Nilf on Highways and Dieways
Highways and Dieways was the map I had by second biggest win on this last Saturday... and I played Nilfheim. He's the best dragon. And the coolest. (Pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles