Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That was something I was literally JUST thinking about. If I had the ability to playtest at this time, I'd probably try out some of Lamaclown's customs and nominate one or two that I thought were fun.
Whoah, eerie timing! I just checked out Lama's customs thread for the first time, and posted there only seconds ago.
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That was something I was literally JUST thinking about. If I had the ability to playtest at this time, I'd probably try out some of Lamaclown's customs and nominate one or two that I thought were fun.
Lamaclown's stuff aside (I know I wouldn't trust him with anything custom related ), I (not speaking for any other judges here) would probably be a little less concerned with rigerous playtest reports for a third-party nomination. I'd still like it to have seen at least a little tabletime by whoever nominated it, but if someone unconnected with a unit's design thought it looked solid enough to play that in-and-of itself speaks volumes.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Well I haven't played anyone else's personal customs and I'm not going to nominate a design I haven't played at all before.
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I will say that for my part, same-sculpt squads are a big turn-off. I actually agree with Typhon/Sertorius that it doesn't necessarily look bad, and it doesn't bother me when I see common hero hordes like the firestorm. But to me, varying sculpts for squads is just part of the Heroscape theme.
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I will say that for my part, same-sculpt squads are a big turn-off. I actually agree with Typhon/Sertorius that it doesn't necessarily look bad, and it doesn't bother me when I see common hero hordes like the firestorm. But to me, varying sculpts for squads is just part of the Heroscape theme.
Do I understand correctly that the Skeleton Archers are, in fact, just one sculpt? Sheesh, hadn't even realized that before.

And I look back at the nominating post and see they are sold in

Quote:
Originally Posted by the post
packs of three
and they are still on the card as a pack of four ranged commons in a unit?

I'm going to vote now to inclusion in the SoV.

Wish I'd read that bit of the nominating post earlier, not that it would have made a difference if I had.

I have a lot of respect for Typhon & Sertorious and the work they do, and these look like fun customs, but if they get into the SoV it will be over my . Ranged squads of 4 are playing with fire, and on top of my other objections, earlier, involving the danger they present as units that can screen and kite *very* efficiently, they all use the same sculpt and the number in the squad is not conducive to those buying that sculpt in packs.

Sorry, guys.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 14th, 2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: I did say it was a vanishingly small line they were walking, now they are tipped over, to my eyes.
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm perfectly fine same sculpt squads, typically I'd make little changes to make them look differently if possible anyway. Granted some sculpts are just a block of plastic so they can't be all that customized so I'd go for ones that can be over those kind.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Man D_S, I'll be surprised if a common squad ever makes it through the door on your watch.

As the nominating post states, Reaper sells the Skeleton Archers in both three-packs and singles. So what's the problem? The vast vast majority of figures aren't sold in packs at all. Look at Killo's own Rat Swarms, currently being reviewed. If you want to get a squad of the Rats Swarms, you've got no choice but to buy three single figures.

If you want a squad of our SA you have two choices. You can buy four single figures. Or you can buy a three-pack and one single. If you do the latter, you're still making fewer purchases than buying three singles. The fact that these guys come in different quantities gives you more flexibility in your purchasing. Why do you wanna insist on turning that into a penalty?

Since it's pretty common for people to get three squads of commons anyway, the numbers work out perfectly. Buy four three-packs. Gives you three squads. So easy.

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 14th, 2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to single out Killo's Rat Swarms. They were just a good typical example, near at hand.
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm comfortable with my vote and the reasons for it, Typhon. I do admire your work, as you know, and you also know I've passed common units (yours, in fact) into the SoV process.

Anyway. I'm just one vote.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Sertorius is surprisingly tart

I think the skeletons come in different colors, but I can't seem to find them on the Reapers page right now (those guys need a new web design team very badly). IIRC one skeleton has a deathly black blow, another has an ashen bow of plague, and the third has a boring wooden bow (the dark lord was out of stock of the other two and had to borrow from the elves). Their overall color is pretty standard, though: bone white. :P

Also worth mentioning is that the skele archers are a pretty small figure. Some might even call them slight, or even puny. They don't look particularly imposing next to a Minion of Utgar, for instance. But these are skeletons, and everyone knows that in the olden days, folks were a bit shorter (before all the beef hormone additives).
Old September 14th, 2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
you also know I've passed common units (yours, in fact) into the SoV process.
Harumph, I had forgotten that.
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:06 AM

heavyfishcannon Woo who?

I'd like to nominate TCGLKN's 77th infantry (The revised, common hero one) Also, LT. John varan if he is not in the halls already.

I just tried a battle with them (Well, against them.) My brother played an army of

77th infantry X3
Lt. John Varan
Sgt. Drake Alexander
Airborne elite

V.S my army of

Agent Carr.
Krav mega agents
Blastatrons X2
Warforged soldiers

My brother Had assigned Varan as a bodyguard for Drake, making him very difficult to take out. We both enjoyed using him though, because the powers where interesting, and Every time he used Purple heart, we imagined him doing a slow-mo dive to stop the attack

The infantry worked well at what I assumed where their purpose. (bodyguards) I think point blank was thier best attack, as it wiped out several blastatrons.
Old September 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Thanks heavyfishcannon for thinking my card is worth nominating here. It is an honor to have someone else play and nominate my custom.

Here is the card for the judges to view:

A quick search on the figure showed at least 60 available, but HeroClix is a game that is still thriving so these figures are always coming back into stock on TrollandToad as people sell their's back to buy the newest figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs