Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old May 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

You're right, GB - Maelena totally looks like a Sailor Moon wannabe

Mebbe Truth ought to share another card or two for us to compare?

~Aldin, who remembers one of his geekier friends telling him that Sailor Moon is supposed to be a spoof of Anime

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I've seen no anime influence.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
You're right, GB - Maelena totally looks like a Sailor Moon wannabe

Mebbe Truth ought to share another card or two for us to compare?

~Aldin, who remembers one of his geekier friends telling him that Sailor Moon is supposed to be a spoof of Anime
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Splinter is in this game? I'm definitely sold now.

It looks like the left two are orcs/goblins with a Native American influence. Either way they they look really cool.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Thankee Sai!

~Aldin, loving the Rat

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The only thing this chick can be accused of is having a bad hair day.

And wielding a Burning Blade... V.D.?

Hunka, hunka burnin' love!

My favorite is the Dwarf with the big ol' skull crushing hamma!
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM

KevinWC Woo who?

Okay, I am convinced now. I was just confused by the elf look and burning blade. The new pics look great! Now that I am convinced the game has no anime influence I am much more excited about it.

A KC Heroscaper who is Not in Kansas Anymore...
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Truth,

Having run my own business as an independent book publisher over the last 5 years, I'd like to offer some advice from some of the lessons I've learned over the years (some rather expensive lessons).

You may already know some of this from working with Wizards, your own experience, or reading it. Anyway, I figure it's better to share it than withhold it.

1) Display advertising stinks. Devote your advertising dollars to something more direct. Weigh the cost/benefits of a google adwords campaign vs creating a promo pack and sending it to retail stores who request it, so they can try it and demo it for customers?

If you absolutely decide to do display advertising, avoid adwords (they're losing effectiveness), and use BlogAds on gaming sites or advertise on BGG.

The best advertisement you can get on BGG, though, is to get a top reviewer to review your game. So spend a few hundred dollars on banners or a few hundred dollars to put a copy of the game in the hands of the top 50 reviewers? Which would people actually look at most of the time? Think about sending a copy to off-BGG game reviewers like Penny Arcade. Low risk, but if they actually mention it, big reward.

Even spending the ad money on attending every gaming and comic con would be more worthwhile than TV or magazine ads.

2) Don't (necessarily) price competitively. I'm sure you are aware of the constantly rising costs of game manufacture. Plan ahead, and leave enough room in your profit margin for growth, instead of raising prices every couple years. Gamers will shell out $$$ for games they want.

3) Sell on ebay. Whatever else you do, sell directly through ebay. The new rate structure works great for listing something a lot and selling it only a few times. Very cheap advertising to people that are in the mood to buy.

4) Sell on Amazon. If you get a pro merchant account, you can directly add things to their catalog. See point #3 for benefits.

5) Read stuff by Seth Godin. I don't think you need to be told how important a "tribe" is to a product's following, but he's got some other really good advice.

6) Focus on what's unique. Focus on what makes your game unique in all the advertising and promotion. Heroscape is a miniatures game. But what makes it stand out is the 3D terrain and pre-painted, non-random figures.
Old May 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do you have your large mansion picked out for when Plaid Hat Games really takes off?

Congrats truth. I'm sort of glad I read that "I miss 'Scapetalk" thread now...or else I wouldn't have even bothered to look at this thread.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWC View Post
Just a quick question. The artwork on the cards seemed to have an anime look. I know a lot of people are into anime, but I have never been a huge fan of the style. Is all the artwork anime, or am I just misunderstanding the look of the elves? Thanks.
Just a quick question. The game design seems to have a <insert popular game type> feel. I know a lot of people are into <popular game type> but I have never been a huge fan. Is that really the feel, or am I just misunderstanding what you've told us so far?

Note that I'm totally kidding, of course! I'm just trying to sneak another gameplay preview since the quoted comment got some pretty awesome artwork as an answer. I suppose I must continue to be patient... but right now I'm honestly debating expanding my Heroscape collection vs. saving money for this game. If it's as great as it sounds, my limited budget will have some difficult choices ahead!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post

It looks like the left two are orcs/goblins with a Native American influence. Either way they they look really cool.
I told you they were going to call him Splinter Colby!!!!!.....
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post

I told you they were going to call him Splinter Colby!!!!!.....
His name is Con Queso, and that is what you will call him Rod! *Shakes fist*

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games