Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 12th, 2008, 09:20 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: Having A Marvelous Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King
“Ahh…after you come back from the fortress, do you think that--”
“I’m married.”
“What?”
“I’m married. Sorry.”
“Oh, no,” Moriko said. “I’m sorry, I--”
“No harm done. Easy mistake. Not like I wear a ring or anything.”
“So, uh…”
“No awkwardness?”

I love this! Great writing, Pumking_King! Keep it up!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM

Frank'n'stay Woo who?

"How fast do humans burn?"
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:41 PM

Deathclaw767 Woo who?

In response to the challenge placed an update or two ago, the Empath that Jandar is granting Sanctuary would be Margrett for of PK stories.

C:\Documents and Settings\David Alm\Desktop\GOW sig\GOW2 sig.JPG
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. Just wow. You are an excellent writer! keep it up!

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM

Emoskull9 is surprisingly tart
Exclamation

cool and interesting story

well done

Last edited by Malechi; July 14th, 2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Here's a nice game for everone. In the story so far, including this portion I'm about to post, I've included two references to my fellow Heroscapers. Catch them and PM them to me and you'll find some new posrep in the Rep box.

“So, how does this armor of yours work?”
Vydar stood in front of Tony Stark, who was directing some Soulborgs who were attempting to guide the Iron Man suit into an enclosure like the one it was in back on Earth. Tony still marveled at Vydar’s headquarters. The black-winged Kyrie had managed to do with steam power and brass gears what would have taken him atom-splitting and a truckload of adamantium to do. He might even be smarter than…no, he couldn’t be.
“I could tell you,” Stark said, looking at Vydar. “But then I would have to kill you.”
Vydar started to laugh, but he quickly stopped when he saw Tony’s serious face. He cleared his throat and composed himself.
“You’re not joking.”
“Nope.”
A Kyrie walked up and bowed.
“Message, General Vydar.”
“Yes, Kheeta?”
The Kyrie stood up straight and recited the message from memory.
“Lord Jandar would like to inform his allies that he and Lord Ullar have acquired two powerful warriors by the names of Captain America and the Spider-Man. They will bring about a new age of power to the Valkyrie alliance. End message.”
The Kyrie’s posture slackened somewhat.
“Between you and me, sir,” Kheeta said quietly, “I think he’s joking. Spider-Man? Pfft. Sounds like some mutant half-breed. Anyway, I’ll be off, sir.”
“Dismissed,” Vydar said. After the messenger had flown away, he chuckled to himself. “Kheeta Kongo. Strange sense of humor, that one. Anyway, I think the message might be a fake. A warrior named Spider-Man is unlikely.”
“No, it’s not fake,” Stark said, smiling. “I know those two personally.”
“Really?” Vydar said. “My, my. It’ll be quite the reunion, then.”
“Why?”
“It’s customary for new allied warriors to meet once a year, at the Valkyrie’s annual meeting. It is next month. I assume you will be coming?”
“Why not?” Tony said. “I need to catch up with Cap and Webhead anyway. Find out what they’re doing here, and if they know why we’re all here in the first place.”

The Surfer flew low over the grass, leaving a trail of crushed plants as he went. He flew fast and furiously toward the mountain, trying to think.
What had he done?
Why did he feel a strange attachment to this place?
Why did he not want to leave?
He leaned over and let his hand brush against the grass.
No, it still felt mostly like Earth. Why, then, was he reminded so much of Zenn-La?
Whatever the reason, he would not be leaving. He had pledged his body to Einar, and the Surfer’s word was his bond.

Spider-Man tried to stay silent. But it was hard to not cry out when you’re running across the rocky plain, stepping on stones without being able to stop for fear that you’ll use up your ten minutes of cover.
He had no idea where Cap was. He assumed he was somewhere next to him. He hoped.
He could see the fortress, a dilapidated little thing; he saw the stone arch that he could pass through. He wondered how he was supposed to make sure he and Cap were both in without seeing each other or speaking.
Oh, well.
He vaulted over a rock, swung around a tree on a web, and landed lightly on the wall next to the stone arch. He poked his head in; no sign of guards. He stood in the arch, cautiously testing the ambience of the area, trying to determine if any beings were on the other side, how many there were, if an ambush wa--
Captain America slammed into his back.
The weight of a fully grown man and his adamantium shield running at full tilt propelled the standing younger man into the opposite wall. The two invisible men bit their tongues as they fought to stay upright in the tumble caused by Cap’s momentum. They struggled for a second, each trying to get to his feet when they couldn’t even see their own feet, or the body of the other man they were tangled up with.
They both stopped.
Spider-Man felt a tapping on his arm. Morse code.
I’ve been keeping track, Cap tapped. We have three minutes.
Spider-Man felt around and found a body part that wasn’t his.
I’m going to stand up, he tapped back. And stand next to that wall until the spell wears off.
I’ll stay still
, Cap tapped. And Parker?
Yes?
Please don’t tap me there.
Sorry.
Spider-Man stood carefully, and sat next to the wall, rubbing his bruises.
Three minutes later, Spider-Man could see Captain America, sitting against the opposite wall. He wanted to speak, but wasn’t sure the spell wore off.
“He-hello?” he said, and winced.
No eldritch fire came to smite him, so he stood. Cap nodded and stood, pulling out their instructions from a pocket on his belt.
“We need to find the center chamber,” he whispered.
“How did they know where the amulet was?”
“They didn’t,” Cap answered, putting the paper back into his pocket. “The object of great magical power is always in the center chamber. Come on, let’s go.”
The walls of the fortress were once stone bricks, but were now so mold-encrusted they might as well have been in a cave. Spider-Man took to the ceiling and scouted ahead, using his better night vision to guide Cap through the dark tunnels.
They headed toward what Spider-Man reckoned was the center, and sure enough, some time later, he saw the hallway branch off toward a large room with a vaulted ceiling. It was mostly featureless, except for a moldy well against one wall and, in the center, the amulet.
It stood suspended in midair on a pedestal, hovering by some magical means. A single rotted-out hole in the ceiling let light shine in directly on the amulet, and on the two robotic guards standing next to it.
Spider-Man retreated to the hallway and signaled to Cap.
“If we’re in a fantasy world, how are there robots?”
“How many?”
“Two. But…robots? It just doesn’t seem right.”
“Never mind that,” Cap said, risking a peek around the corner. “Just concentrate on how to kill them without letting anyone else know we’re here.”
“They shouldn’t even be here,” Spider-Man grumbled. “Freakin’ robots. I kill enough of the darn things at home, without having to drop more here.”
He climbed up the vaulted ceiling, meaning to get above them.
However, if he had mental wi-fi access, he could have heard the following conversation:
“Ever wonder why we’re guarding things, Delta?” One of the Zettian Guards said electronically.
“Nope.”
“Not at all?”
“Not at all.”
“Hmm. Well, I do.”
That’s part of your problem, Beta,” Delta said, typing in bold to show his frustration. “You have imagination. Always wondering why, always trying to look over your enormous shoulder to see if they’re something behind you instead of looking ahead and doing your job with no questions.”
Beta was quiet for a second.
“I think they think we’re expendable,” he said finally.
“Of course we’re expandable. They can make a dozen of our bodies in a week. We can just download our brains into another body. We barely even have names, for Steel’s sake!”
“Yeah, well, it still hurts. We-- wait, what was that?”
“Sounded like a ‘thwipp’” Delta said, scanning the darkness of the far corner.
Beta also looked in the same direction that Delta was scanning.
“You know what it sounded like?” he asked rhetorically. “It sounded like a silky-type thing being shot. Like a web or something. A web shot.”
“Oh, please,” Delta scoffed. “Next, you’ll tell me we’ll be killed by a guy who fights with a shield.”
“Yeah, I guess that was a little--”
Cap’s shield crushed the back of the Soulborg’s head, ricocheted, and hit the other Soulborg before bouncing back to his waiting hand.
“Well, crap,” Beta said before shutting down.
“Good shot, Cap,” Spider-Man said, dropping down from the ceiling. “Now to get that amulet.”
“Wait a second, Parker,” Captain America said. He held up his hand and looked around. “Something’s not right.”
Spider-Man’s hand hovered over the amulet.
“You thinking a trap?” he asked. “Indiana Jones-style? Big boulder or something?”
“No…It sounds like claws…”
Just then, a tiny green head appeared above the edge of the well on the far side of the room. A little creature climbed over the stone wall and landed on the ground. As Spider-Man walked up to inspect it, it shook itself like a dog and looked up at him.
“What is it?” Spider-Man asked Cap.
“I don’t know, but don’t get any closer. We don’t know what it’s capable of--no don’t pick it up!”
Spider-Man held the little green and orange thing. It hardly weighed anything at all. He held it to his chest like a kitten and stroked it.
“Parker, we’re in the enemy base, guarded by robots and God-knows-what-else, and you want to adopt a pet?! We don’t even know what that thing is! Just put it down before--”
A roar shook the stones around them, making dust fall from the ceiling.
“Momma gets here,” Cap finished lamely.
An orange blur shot out of the well, a long and slinking shape that headed straight for Spider-Man. Cap tossed his shield, and the snake recoiled, glaring at him.
The monster still dripped with sludge from the well, green against the dingy orange of its armored skin. It glared at Cap with colorless, soulless eyes. It knew they were the enemy.
Admittedly, it was probably the costumes.
It shot forward, slithering on its belly toward an astonished Cap. It reared back, and lunged, jaw spread wide. Cap was not easily taken off-guard. He caught the creature’s maw on his shield, using the thing’s own momentum to dislocate its jaw. While it was stunned, he sidestepped and punched the thing in the eyes.
The creature shrieked and slithered painfully backward, trying to flex its dislocated jaw.
At that moment, the small creature in the surprised Spider-Man’s arms gave a shriek and leapt toward the larger one. The huge beast caught the little one in its tail, quickly crushing it in its coils. The small creature gave only a pitiful squeak as it was tossed into the air and down the huge creature’s gullet.
Seemingly re-energized by its meal, it flexed its mouth, and with a sickening snap, relocated its own jaw.
“Any idea what it is?” Spider-Man said, backing away.
“Whatever it is, it’s between us and that amulet. I’m not going to let it stop me.”
“Right behind you, Cap.”
Spider-Man slung a web and took to the ceiling, while Cap ran straight toward the monster. The beast reared back to attack, but Spider-Man shot a web from the ceiling into its eyes. It screamed and rubbed at its eyes with its tail. Cap leaped up, pulled back his fist, and landed on the monster with the concentrated force of a freight train.
The monster slumped backwards, shrieked pitifully, and slunk to the well. It slithered in and slipped away, sinking into the muck.
“Whew,” Spider-Man said. “I have a feeling that could have been about fifteen times worse.”
“Never mind that,” Cap said. “Let’s just get that amulet and get out of here.”
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

This story is great. It's one of the most hilarious things I've read in along time. +rep.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old July 16th, 2008, 01:17 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Was it me you referred to in this part of the story? You said The Surfer (obviously referring to The Silver Surfer).

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old July 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Skillet (aka, Christian Hardcore Awesomeness)

Great job! Never thought they could be mixed.......

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Was it me you referred to in this part of the story? You said The Surfer (obviously referring to The Silver Surfer).
Nope, not quite! Remember that I didn't necessarily spell them correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
Quote:

~Z~
Look them up! They're the most awesome hardcore band I found that didn't screech or have R-rated lyrics. Huh, I just realized that Whispers in the Dark, my favorite song or theirs, has over 3 Million views on Youtube.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the story, great job!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
Quote:

~Z~
Look them up! They're the most awesome hardcore band I found that didn't screech or have R-rated lyrics. Huh, I just realized that Whispers in the Dark, my favorite song or theirs, has over 3 Million views on Youtube.
That was two thoughts, A) Skillit Pwnz high-five, and B) i never thought marvel and normal HS could mix, high-five. if you like skillet, try Thousand foot krutch, and RED (Warning, RED has some screaming, but not all the time).

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction