Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 4th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Black Panther was pretty special. Up there with Wonder Woman as a superhero movie that works brilliantly on multiple levels. I also thought the MCU really needed to get away from the hijinks that were the GotG movies, Ragnarok, and others. A good movie on its own and a good movie for the studio.
I agree DS. I thought GotG 2 jumped the shark in goofiness. That really took away from my enjoyment of it. I still like a lot of it, but some of it was just stupid. Ragnarok was fun, but I could have done without some of the goffiness. I understand that they needed to shake up that franchise, so it ended up working for them.

Infinity Wars better be more in line with Black Panther, as far as just having a sprinkling of comedy instead of being a comedic action movie.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 4th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think there is room for both styles but choosing one or the other probably makes for a better movie.

My only real complaint with GotG2 was the middle part was really weak to watch a second time but made for a great time for a bathroom break. Well that and Drax felt a bit over the top.

Nebula shone so brightly for me it helped to wash out some of the weak parts.

Certainly no GotG which is probably my favorite MCU so far.

Anyone heard news of Ms. Marvel?
I fear they may try to retool after the success of Black Panther.
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Of course there is room for both styles! I enjoyed Ragnarok very much. More than GotG 2, which i also enjoyed. But it was time to change it up, and I think they did it brilliantly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 4th, 2018, 07:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Anyone heard news of Ms. Marvel?
I fear they may try to retool after the success of Black Panther.
They are already pretty far along in the production process that I don't see them making any big changes at this point. Marvel as a whole doesn't seem to fall into the trap of knee jerk reactions or chasing the rainbow, they are (rightfully so) very confident in their vision. The impact Black Panther could have on the MCU is more likely to appear in phase 4 when they have a chance to incorporate it into a future film from the early stages of development.
Old March 5th, 2018, 12:30 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I watched Ragnorok last night and we enjoyed it. I had audible laughs which my wife says is rare when I watch movies so I'd say we enjoyed it. It did feel different in time to the other Thor movies while simultaneously feeling like the same Hulk/ Thor shinanegans.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 8th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I watched Ragnorok last night and we enjoyed it. I had audible laughs which my wife says is rare when I watch movies so I'd say we enjoyed it. It did feel different in time to the other Thor movies while simultaneously feeling like the same Hulk/ Thor shinanegans.
I bought Ragnarok yesterday after work and watched it with my daughters last night. Still good the 2nd time around. Certainly different tone than Black Panther, where in Ragnarok, killing and death had no meaning.

Old March 8th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Another Earth (2011)

Written by and starring Brit Marling. Really enjoyed it. It has just a smidge of sci-fi that plays out in the background of the story.
Old March 17th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

I watched Wind River tonight. I really enjoyed it. Pretty cool to see 3 actors/actresses from Marvel movies/series' in a movie together playing non-superhero roles.

Old March 18th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I watched Wind River tonight. I really enjoyed it. Pretty cool to see 3 actors/actresses from Marvel movies/series' in a movie together playing non-superhero roles.
I thought that was a really great modern Western - I went to see it while it was in theaters because I had really liked Hell or High Water, which was written by the same guy.

I saw it with my dad and we had just driven through Wyoming as part of a road trip. We'd been right through Lander and a lot of the places they reference in the movie, so it was cool to see those on the big screen.
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

That's cool Ronin. I bet it was beautiful up there, as long as it wasn't in a blizzard

Old March 21st, 2018, 06:03 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I didn't mind Black Panther, but it wasn't as good as the hype. Just because it has black people and talks about black issues doesn't make it a better movie than any other Marvel movie.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old March 21st, 2018, 06:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Anyone that says it's the best Marvel movie is just expressing an opinion, just like when I say that Winter Soldier was the best Marvel movie. It doesn't make it so, it's just my opinion.

Box office sales don't reflect the quality of any movie. In the case of Black Panther, you get the normal fans of Marvel that go to all of them, but then you get an influx of a lot of people that wouldn't normally go to see a Marvel movie, or at least not in the opening weekend. Not saying that blacks don't normally go see Marvel movies, as I have several black friends that do. But for a lot of people, it was more than just a new Marvel movie, it was a chance to see blacks, good and bad, as the main feature of a Marvel movie and see them not being a sidekick type hero, or being led or rescued by a white man, as happens in so many movies in the past. It also showed how they need to work together and lift each other up in the real world.

It had humor, without going overboard with it, and it had a great villain that had a realistic reason for his actions. It also had strong female characters, and not just one, such as the movies that feature Black Widow as their female rep.

My only complaint, was that some of the scenes were shot darker (lighting wise) than I would like.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies