Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 10th, 2011, 08:51 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Margloth's Custom Superhero Thread -- THOR RISES!

A write up I've been mulling over.

SENTRY
Robert Reynolds

Human
Unique Hero
Sentry
Tormented

Medium 5

Life: 7

Move: 8
Range: 1
Attack: 8
Defense: 7

CONSUMED BY VOID
After an Order Marker is revealed, if Sentry receives at least 3 wounds before another Order Marker is revealed, you must remove him from the game.

MENTAL WEAKNESS
Sentry rolls 3 fewer defense dice when attacked by a Telepath.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; July 10th, 2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Lots of good feedback.
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Margloth's Custom Superhero Thread -- Dark Avengers?

While we're at it:

IRON PATRIOT
Norman Osborn

Human
Unique Hero
Director
Ambitious
Medium 5

Life: 5

Move: 6
Range: 6
Attack: 4
Defense: 6

REPRESSED PERSONALITY
Each time you reveal an Order Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or lower, for the remainder of the turn add 2 to Iron Patriot's attack, and he may not use Master Manipulator.

MASTER MANIPULATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Iron Patriot, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero you control within clear sight of Iron Patriot.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

H.A.M.M.E.R. AGENTS

Human
Common Squad (x3)
Agents
Heavy-Handed
Medium 5

Life: 1

Move: 5
Range: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

HAMMER DOWN!
When a H.A.M.M.E.R. Agent attacks a figure adjacent to another Agent, or within 5 clear sight spaces of a Director, you may add 1 to its attack.

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:24 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

It is really easy to keep your other figures away from him though, since you can just fly out and deal as much damage as possible with him until he dies before moving anyone else in your army. Plus, Void might not even kick in.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
It is really easy to keep your other figures away from him though, since you can just fly out and deal as much damage as possible with him until he dies before moving anyone else in your army. Plus, Void might not even kick in.
True... his cost is all Theoryscape at this point. Ideally, he should play like he can take out a hero or two a round if unchecked, but he's undependable because you really never know when he's going to leave. I might drop the number of wounds dealth to other figures by 1, or even all together. But I like the concept of him being incredibly tough and a big baby at the same time.

Also, if the opponent happens to have a telepath, he's pretty much screwed.

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:47 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
True... his cost is all Theoryscape at this point. Ideally, he should play like he can take out a hero or two a round if unchecked, but he's undependable because you really never know when he's going to leave. I might drop the number of wounds dealth to other figures by 1, or even all together. But I like the concept of him being incredibly tough and a big baby at the same time.

Also, if the opponent happens to have a telepath, he's pretty much screwed.
My costs are always 100% Theory, so that's not a problem.

If an opponent happens to have a Telepath, he's still fine. 8 life and 5 defense will last you a while.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Yes, but he's waaay more likely to take 3 wounds. Remember, this guy seems really good, and he is, but he suffers from Deathwalker syndrome. One bad roll (admittedly against a decent attack) and he's gone.

Basically, if he's up against the likes of C3G Martian Manhunter, he's got a good chance of going down in one attack.

Old July 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Okay, I tweaked Sentry a bit.

Old July 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM

MS. MARVEL
Karla Sofen

Human
Unique Hero
Agent
Ambitious
Medium 5

Life: 4

Move: 6
Range: 6
Attack: 4
Defense: 5

INTANGIBLE 3
When defending against an attack from a figure who is not adjacent, Ms. Marvel adds 3 to her defense.

PHANTOM WALK
Ms. Marvel may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks.

EAGER TO PLEASE
If you are taking a turn with Ms. Marvel and you did not reveal an Order Marker on this card, you may add 2 dice to her attack.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Old July 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With Sentry, I don't think I'd ever give him to an opponent. 8 attack and 7 defense is just way too strong and would be an enormous shift in the game to lose that and have your opponent gain it.

If you give it to the opponent to try and get him back, it won't work. At least, if I were the opponent I'd just destroy him when the Void power kicked in. By that times he'd have at least 4 wounds and it wouldn't be my card to begin with. Just a bonus figure that doesn't matter if he is destroyed because he wasn't a part of my original team.

Old July 10th, 2011, 11:35 AM

Hmmm... good point. I hadn't considered it.

Assuming I drop the 'give him to an opponent' and just left it at 'he leaves the game if he takes 3 wounds at once' like I originally had it, do you think he'd be too powerful for his points?

Old July 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like Ms. Marvel! Very nice.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old July 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Hmmm... good point. I hadn't considered it.

Assuming I drop the 'give him to an opponent' and just left it at 'he leaves the game if he takes 3 wounds at once' like I originally had it, do you think he'd be too powerful for his points?
It's very tough to inflict 3 wounds at once, especially against a 7 defense. At the same time though, this is only supposed to kick in every couple of games (I'd assume). I think it's good, but the points may need to go up to low 300s

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations