Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 7th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
US Government shut-down

So how many people here will be directly affected by the impending government shutdown? And who's to blame?

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old April 7th, 2011, 10:21 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Re: US Government shut-down

Define "directly affected." I doubt any shut-down will be all that significant in time. They will work out a deal soon enough.

At least we don't live in: Libya, Japan, Cote D'Ivoire, Afganistan, Somalia, Sudan, Greece, Portugal, Nicaragua, Mexico, Bahrain, . . .
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Wow...

Our federal government is about to shut downand only 1 person replies? Does anyone care???

I actually think this is a very good indication of why the government won't be out long. No one would miss it and then everything that was shut down could be eliminated. Just wipe the entire list of agencies off the books!

And the politicians could NEVER let that happen!

Old April 8th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Perhaps the lack of response was down to sense that the discussion wouldn't lead anywhere interesting? That left-leaning people would say the republicans are to blame and right-leaning people would say that the democrats are to blame and we were unlikely to see those nuggets of genuine thought and conversation that do occur in other "hot topic throwdowns".

Alternatively, perhaps it's just so obvious that the republicans are wrong that no-one felt it necessary to say so?
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Alternatively, perhaps it's just so obvious that the republicans are wrong that no-one felt it necessary to say so?
How is it obvious? If the Democrats really wanted to do something they should have done it in October when they controlled Congress. They didn't want to do it cause they couldn't cut anything.

I hope the government shuts down and everything is privatized.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
How is it obvious?
Because they can say stuff like this with a straight face:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
I hope the government shuts down and everything is privatized.
While I'm sure you don't actually mean this, some of the "serious" points in the debate over the last weeks are plenty frustrating enough. Cutting Pell Grants? Planned Parenthood funding? Trump for president? (OK, I admit that the last one is not directly related, but still---Trump for president? )

Anyway, this falls under the heading of the fruitless partisan bickering I mentioned as a reason for the lack of responses, so please ignore it and wait for someone who is less angry with the whole mess to provide the nuggets.

But, one last thing, really, Trump for president?
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The problem is that both the Democrat and Republican parties have become Federalists and forgot their roots as the Democratic-Republican Party who were for a small federal government and larger state governments. If there was no federal Social Security but instead State Social Security, we wouldn't have this problem (or at least it wouldn't be every state ). That is why I generally vote republican for president and congress (who will want a smaller government where they have power - on the national level) and democratic for local and state congress (who will want a bigger government where they have power - on the local & state level). Stupid whigs and federalist regime!

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 8th, 2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM

What's obvious is that Republicans are He-men woman haters who are planning on eliminating the entire female population!

Why is it obvious? because they are proposing (how dare they) that Planned Parenthood shouldn't get money from the federal government.

Old April 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

The problem is that government is dead and politics is the new kings.
It may take politics to get into office, but once you're there your job is in government. Everybody is way too partisan and nobody will work together. I honestly don't beleive that so many of the congressmen are rigid with their legislative ideas. They just don't want to be ostricized from their party.
If they could base there decisions on their own beleifs, or the beleifs of there constituants, or any other than the party platform maybe compromises could actually be made.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:34 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The sad part is I like the aspect of Planned Parenthood where they supply birth control to some of these people. I mean, do we REALLY want them breeding?

I'm simply sick of it all. Spendocrats had plenty of time to pass a budget, but waited. Now they've got a fight on their hands and all they can say is the same old crap of taking health care away from poor women. It's like a freakin' broken record anymore.

The only thing I hope is that this doesn't work like it did in 95' and assure NObama another 4 years like it did Clinton. Yes, I'd take Trump over that any day! That dude has been cracking me up lately!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Right now our tax system is just broken. So easy to avoid and scam and so much room for fraud. We need to dump it and initiate the FairTax plan.
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Right now our tax system is just broken. So easy to avoid and scam and so much room for fraud. We need to dump it and initiate the FairTax plan.
Or, we need a smarter and more honest nation that can read the tax code themselves and not want to deceive it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General