Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just played Summoner Wars and was setting up for some Scape when my son's little friends knocked on the door.

nyys, squeezing in all the gaming possible before the good weather hits.

-insert signature here-
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
We played Settler of Catan again tonight and this time my wife not only played but actually enjoyed it.

Wait it gets better...

So this morning she slips back into bed and whispers in my ear....

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Gotta love it when someone unexpectedly recognizes (never mind plays) something on your game shelf.
Yeah. I was talking to the guy who introduced us and I guess she was recently in Romeo & Juliet and he and her both died early in the play and she brought Settlers to play behind stage during the remaining acts. Gonna try to bust out Citadels tonight with the family and her.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
We played Settler of Catan again tonight and this time my wife not only played but actually enjoyed it.

Wait it gets better...

Spoiler Alert!

That's not usually what I want my wife to whisper into my ear when she crawls into bed, but to each their own.

No, really that's great. It makes gaming that much more fun when your spouse approves of and enjoys herself. Nothing like having a gaming partner that's there 24/7!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Lots and Lots of Space Hulk and AT-43 hoping for some more 'scape finally being a Second Semester senior

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old February 27th, 2010, 07:49 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Met this girl the other night. We went on a date and came back to my place. She looked at my game shelf and was like "You have Settlers?! I LOVE that game!" So I grabbed Lost Cities to see if she'd like that. We played 8 games and she still didn't want to stop when we did. Maybe I'll hang on to this one.
You better. I'm still working on converting mine
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Gaming convention this week! From yesterday and today I've played...

Race for the Galaxy
Samurai
Carcassonne
Battlestar Galactica
Pandemic x2
The Stars are Right
Wits and Wagers (Giant game with custom questions and prizes!)
Summoner Wars
Tabago
The Adventurers

Probably a few more, don't remember them all! I also painted a miniature, so....
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Settlers of Catan
Dominion x3

I won all the Dominion, and I am considering the Catan a victory. Everyone knew I had it won, with victory point cards to play on my turn, but they made trades to give the game to spite me.
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:01 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played a couple games of We The People. I'm debating about pre-ordering Washington's War. Basically the same game with some tweaks.
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Wait it gets better...

Spoiler Alert!
I got hot just reading that.

Old February 28th, 2010, 05:00 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

Well tonight I played 2 games of Heroscape with my 9 year old daughter. We played the main map out of the Ticalla Jungle set where you have to protect the river from getting contaminated. She was the defender in the first game and won pretty easily using Zelrig, Mimring, and Gurei-Oni, as the main staples of defense. After I contaminated 3 tiles of water early in the game, she moved 2 of them down onto 4 water tiles so I couldnt contaminate them. She held me off for 8 rounds and won. We switched and when I was the defender I won. It amazes me how much she likes this game and asks to play it. I used to think it was just because she liked building the maps, but she really gets into picking out her army and playing the game.

Other games that we have been playing this week:

Dominion along with the expansions, Intrigue and Seaside. Everyone in my family likes these games including my wife, who is a self proclaimed (BORED) game hater as she likes to call them

Pandemic - I highly recommend this one if you like cooperative games. We have also been playing the On the Brink expansion which makes it a bit harder to rid the world of disease.

Last Night on Earth - Great game if you like saving your town from zombies

Ticket to Ride - Very simple easy to teach family game. I enjoy it in small doses

o

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:21 AM

DarQraven Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahavice View Post
Other games that we have been playing this week:

Dominion along with the expansions, Intrigue and Seaside. Everyone in my family likes these games including my wife, who is a self proclaimed (BORED) game hater as she likes to call them

Pandemic - I highly recommend this one if you like cooperative games. We have also been playing the On the Brink expansion which makes it a bit harder to rid the world of disease.

Last Night on Earth - Great game if you like saving your town from zombies

Ticket to Ride - Very simple easy to teach family game. I enjoy it in small doses
I'm gonna have to get Pandemic sometime soon.
Btw, I'm currently on the fence whether I should buy base Dominion or Seaside. I've already got Intrigue. Any thoughts?

Currently playing Citadels

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games