Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 7th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spider-Verse/Spider-Family Workshop

We tend to save Web Swing for our "big deal"/higly experienced Spider-Men, and use Swing Line for the rest. Where this Peter falls is up to you, I guess.

Have you considered Going the Distance off of Daredevil II in place of Oz Immortality? That has some really interesting interplay with Self-Sacrifice.
Quote:
GO THE DISTANCE
Once per round, if Daredevil would be destroyed by receiving wounds, he instead takes no damage.
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:27 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
We tend to save Web Swing for our "big deal"/higly experienced Spider-Men, and use Swing Line for the rest. Where this Peter falls is up to you, I guess.

Have you considered Going the Distance off of Daredevil II in place of Oz Immortality? That has some really interesting interplay with Self-Sacrifice.
Quote:
GO THE DISTANCE
Once per round, if Daredevil would be destroyed by receiving wounds, he instead takes no damage.
Swing Line could definitely make sense here. I didn't know that was the intended design philosophy, and appreciate you filling me in on that.

I could see why Going the Distance would be better mechanically. I think it's a worse fit flavorfully, but I value that less.
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

When does the Oz Immortality concept get introduced? From looking at the wiki, it seems like it only became a thing after Miles is already Spidey.
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:31 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
When does the Oz Immortality concept get introduced? From looking at the wiki, it seems like it only became a thing after Miles is already Spidey.
He has the Oz thing the whole time (since he was bitten by the Spider iirc), there just isn't a moment where he's beaten so badly he's considered dead until around the time Miles was introduced. It's clearly a plot revision, but canonically he's technically been immortal since the bite gave him powers.
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:40 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
A terrible plotline that was immediately dropped because they canceled the Ultimate like 2 issues after it happened.

As such I'm not super into it on him. Go the Distance feels better, as this Spidey (As all Spideys) have been shot/beaten down quite a bit and still kept going. Good way to rep the death arc too.

Self Sacrifice is a pretty potent power, I might cut out the wounding aspect, but even then a mobile Beat Cop is really strong in our metagame. Might need a bit of a different effect (Future Foundation Spidey also has a swing and save mechanic, but it doesn't stop attacks)
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
A terrible plotline that was immediately dropped because they canceled the Ultimate like 2 issues after it happened.

As such I'm not super into it on him. Go the Distance feels better, as this Spidey (As all Spideys) have been shot/beaten down quite a bit and still kept going. Good way to rep the death arc too.

Self Sacrifice is a pretty potent power, I might cut out the wounding aspect, but even then a mobile Beat Cop is really strong in our metagame. Might need a bit of a different effect (Future Foundation Spidey also has a swing and save mechanic, but it doesn't stop attacks)
I mean, if you call it Go The Distance, you can rationalize it as the serum, or him getting up. Doesn't matter. It's worth noting this Peter has shown up in Spider-Men since, and as far as we know still has this powerset- it hasn't been retconned since.

Self Sacrifice was borrowed from Jocasta. I would rather Self Sacrifice be something like Heroic Duty, but people in the discord pointed out that giving Heroic Duty to a Spider character as worded would cause issues with Captain Universe Peter. Maybe there's a way to screw with the wording and rename the power? I think Future Foundation isn't what you want, because that Spidey is just helping out after the hit, not before.
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Maybe there's a way to screw with the wording and rename the power?
You might want to anyways, since it would be cool if Spidey could swoop in with Web Swing/Swing Line instead of his normal move.
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Maybe there's a way to screw with the wording and rename the power?
You might want to anyways, since it would be cool if Spidey could swoop in with Web Swing/Swing Line instead of his normal move.
Hmm. I'm going to be honest, I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to convey here. Would you be willing to give me an example?
Old February 7th, 2022, 12:50 PM
Just A Head

The current way Self-Sacrifice works is that Spider-Man is running up, on foot, to his ally. It would be neat if he could Swing over to them instead.
Old February 7th, 2022, 01:14 PM

Something like this? I shouldn't need a disclaimer at the end of No Hesitation saying he doesn't take LEAs since Swing Line already says that, right?

Quote:

NAME = SPIDER-MAN (Earth 1610)
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER BENJAMIN PARKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SWING LINE 4
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 4 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks

NO HESITATION
If a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man is attacked with a normal attack and would receive one or more wounds, Spider-Man may use Swing Line 4 as long as he moves adjacent to that figure, if possible, and receive those wounds instead.

GO THE DISTANCE
Once per round, if Spider-Man would be destroyed by receiving wounds, he instead takes no damage.
Old February 7th, 2022, 04:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think maybe this...

NO HESITATION
If a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man would receive on or more wounds from an opponents normal attack, If possible, Spider-Man may use Swing Line 4 to move adjacent to that figure. If he does, Spider-Man must receive those wounds instead.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy