Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 24th, 2022, 07:49 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hex Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
@japes has some pretty solid measurements for what things should be in terms of hex size.

My space and sky mats are both pretty sweet, but I wouldn't say the hexes are *perfect* in size on either.

Excited to see this go forward.
For my purposes I would be using the mat so that I don't have to place down many tiles, so I wouldn't expect a scenario in which I have 30 hexes in a row that would produce a significant offset, so I'd be okay with some degree of error

You might be surprised how often you do want to run a bunch of hexes in a row. Say you want to make a map with a river running through it, lava flow, or an icy creek. How about a road?
I could see that, especially if I'm using a bigger table there would be some scenarios where I have a longer connection of tiles.

Additionally if anyone else were to buy these mats they might want more precision than me so it would be best to get the measurements as close as possible
Old March 25th, 2022, 06:20 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I averaged the dimensions of 9 hyground stl files, and of 10 physical single hex tiles; these are the results

Old March 30th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Just wanted to say that I'm interested in this, whenever it gets finalized. I have several tables that I'd want to get covers for.
Old March 30th, 2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Just wanted to say that I'm interested in this, whenever it gets finalized. I have several tables that I'd want to get covers for.
I'm going in this week to check out a new sample, ill let you know!
Old March 30th, 2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
What size covers do you think you'd need?
Old April 1st, 2022, 01:04 PM

I think this is as close as we'll get, looks good to me
Old April 1st, 2022, 01:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks great.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 1st, 2022, 02:30 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I play D&D on heroscape terrain and I've frequently printed these to be my level 0. (It helps that I have a large-format printer at work). I just throw something under them in photoshop and print. Maybe you can use it somehow. The measurements are spot on and I can make a file a full 4'x6' if you want.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 1st, 2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I play D&D on heroscape terrain and I've frequently printed these to be my level 0. (It helps that I have a large-format printer at work). I just throw something under them in photoshop and print. Maybe you can use it somehow. The measurements are spot on and I can make a file a full 4'x6' if you want.
I appreciate it, but since they've already completed a file that has correct measurements I'll just go with what they have. If I think of some way to use yours ill let you know though!
Old April 1st, 2022, 03:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Can you post that blank hex file Master Roshi?
That looks great.
Old April 1st, 2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can you post that blank hex file Master Roshi?
That looks great.

I don't have the file myself, the company that did the print has it. I just gave them some of my tiles and my measurements along with sample photos of other mats to use as a reference and they put the file together.

I'm going to go ahead and order a mat for myself and see how it turns out at a larger scale than the sample above. I'll post pictures once I get it
Old April 2nd, 2022, 02:59 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looking good!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles