Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 1st, 2015, 11:38 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Good Glad you feel that way scytale. And yes I did want him to get the autoshield on zero dice.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 1st, 2015, 04:09 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm liking the changes to Rampage. 7 Life still feels a little high but I guess he is a barbarian. I think you otherwise hit barbarian rage pretty well which also plays in with Siege's "reveal the X order marker" thing. I like the match of 0 defense with Warforged Resolve. Seems like a fun solo hero that can hit pretty hard and do decently against lower attacks. Reckless second swing adds some nice bite and plays in well with the theme.
Old June 1st, 2015, 04:13 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I don't see the thematic need for 4 defense on those common squad figures. Drop it to 3 and kill two birds with one stone (power level and theme fail).
I don't quite see a Theme Fail(Though I am testing it at 3 defense vs 4 again.)
  • They are 7 foot tall figures who wear armor (though until the figures are in hand, i can't tell you the exact size.)
  • Have shields
  • A gnoll is about 7-1/2 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds.

Doesn't seem far off that if Anubian Wolves walk around with 4 def, that the gnolls couldn't.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:42 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I don't see the thematic need for 4 defense on those common squad figures. Drop it to 3 and kill two birds with one stone (power level and theme fail).
I don't quite see a Theme Fail(Though I am testing it at 3 defense vs 4 again.)
  • They are 7 foot tall figures who wear armor (though until the figures are in hand, i can't tell you the exact size.)
  • Have shields
  • A gnoll is about 7-1/2 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds.

Doesn't seem far off that if Anubian Wolves walk around with 4 def, that the gnolls couldn't.
Today's fun fact. Looking at the d20srd (which is not the most current edition of DND grant you but I haven't purchased 5th edition (or 4th edition) yet) here are the armor classes of everybody who's made an appearance in Scape that wears armor that was there so it's missing the Death Knights, Goliaths, Firbolgs, and Warforged. (Higher is better)

Gnoll - 15 AC

Goblin - 15 AC
Ogre - 16 AC (19 AC for barbarian)
Orc - 13 AC
Bugbear (HSB) - 17 AC
Frost Giant - 21 AC
Fire Giant - 21 AC
Troll - 16 AC

While not a perfect correlation, everyone with 4 or greater defense has at least a 17 AC. I just don't see it.

~Dysole, armored up
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:04 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fixed the typo on Rampage's card. Anyone want to schedule time with me to test him out and nail down his points?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:50 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

@Dysole , we both know you can't take that at face value.

Gnolls are a hearty opponent with 2d8+2 hit points, on average 11. We can't represent that in Heroscape for their life. So it would be factored into their Armor Class.

Goblin has 1d8+1, on average 5.
Orc has 1d8+1, On Average 5. Orcs are 6 feet tall and 210 pounds.

If Heavy Gruts(assume a beefier Orc) are Def 3, it is certainly plausible that Gnolls can be Def 4.

If you take Othkurik, he has AC 19 as a young dragon. But Def of a 3.

I am still looking at Def 3 as an option though.

Last edited by Kinseth; June 2nd, 2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:02 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

@William099 I have time today till about 4 uf you want to get a game in.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 11:57 AM
the above

I'm available from now until noon @CrazyTankster if you are still lurking.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:50 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Close

Quote:

Gnolls are a hearty opponent with 2d8+2 hit points, on average 11. We can't represent that in Heroscape for their life. So it would be factored into their Armor Class.

If Heavy Gruts(assume a beefier Orc) are Def 3, it is certainly plausible that Gnolls can be Def 4.

Grut orcs =/= DND orcs. Regardless, I think 3 makes them a solid option while 4 makes them too powerful.

~Dysole, still noting that I'm not incentivized to bring the warchief into the fray
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:05 PM

Re: Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

Grut orcs =/= DND orcs. Regardless, I think 3 makes them a solid option while 4 makes them too powerful.

~Dysole, still noting that I'm not incentivized to bring the warchief into the fray
Why do you feel like 4 makes them too powerful? More Powerful than Heavies? Knights Weston? I don't want them more powerful than those figures, so please let me know why/how? Let's keep this apples to apples though.

I'd like to hear how you feel about 3 vs 4 defense in both of those instances.

I Don't feel like it is a bad thing you don't want to risk the War Chief till mid game, but mid game is where you win or lose most often. There comes a time where the player has to decide when to stick the neck out for the chief, and that is okay. The theme around the chief is that he only swaggers into battle when it is assured victory. A game can be lost when you move him in too early, or are out positioned and he becomes exposed. Losing the Chief really hurts the army.

~Keeping my options open.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:39 PM

Sure

Because Heavies and Knights have 4 defense pretty regularly. Heavies and Knights also have 3 attack. So basically they are a squad of 5 move knights with a more reliable way to get a bonus attack and don't need the adjacency requirement that heavies do to get their attack and defense bonuses. So yeah, they are at least as good as them.

~Dysole, theoryscaping
Old June 2nd, 2015, 04:10 PM

A Squad of 5 move knights who cost more per figure. 17.5 vs 20.(80 for 4 person squad of Gnolls vs 70 4 person for Knights/Heavies) Let's also remember that the main bonding hero for Knights offers them both Attack Bonus, and Movement bonus. Bonding Heroes matter to an extent.

Heavies have 4 Defense for the most part with Nerak, disengage, and attack/defense bonus with Chompy.

Dysole perhaps sometime we should playtest Knights vs Gnolls and Knights vs Heavies and see how they compare?

My goal is for the faction to be a step below both of those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards