Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM

Rythos has disabled reputation
Strangest / Craziest Heroscape mistake you've made

After joining the forum it has been brought to my attention that due to the following reasons I am an idiot (well for many reasons actually , but to save time I'll just list the heroscape related reasons )

1) In my version of heroscape I assumed it was perfectly acceptable for double spaced figures to hang off the off a ledge (we just put dice under the back end and called it good)

2) Morsbane was loosing a counter if he used his d20 roll to shut off a power whether it works or not (Needless to say he wasn't seeing a lot of play time)

And

3) Sgt. Drake's Thorian Speed was working against everything but adjacent attacks (Who needs to be concerned about special attacks anyway?

The only defense I can claim is that cracking the box open for the first game with your five year old does not lend itself to a through study of the rules

So the question becomes what is the most amazing display of newb-ness (No offense Newb) during your early heroscape days, that you look back at now and shake your head over?

Rythos
(who's hoping this somehow makes him feel smarter)

Generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Everybody needs to re-read the rules after a couple games. You have more of an understanding. That's why I added it to my sig.

Before I had DW8000, someone used him against me using the Attack +1 glyph. Then I looked at the card and saw the 3. It was too late though.
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Anubian wolves stacking. Once my opponent got them 21 attack!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:51 PM

wrestlingking235 has disabled reputation
Weston Knights wit htheir bonding ability. I moved and attacked with not one, but all my Human Champions, three of them, then moved the Knights. Needless to say, my brother was not happy when I'd choose the knights every game and all my human champions.
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
A friend of mine put me on to Heroscape. I was tired of hearing him talk about it, so I went out and bought it. Anyway, I never read the rulebook...I just assumed (since he had been playing so long) that he knew what the rules were. Here are some of my favorites:

1) In the beginning, there were no taking turns in a round. We rolled for initiative, whoever won played all 3 order markers. Then it was the other person's turn. I actually played this way until my first tournament.

2) Height advantage = doubling defense dice.

3) Counter Strike worked against every attack. Ranged, special attacks, it didn't matter.

Old November 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
1) I always forget about my glyphs.
2)I once played an entire game forgetting that Krug had Double Attack.
3) I forgot that a figure may not climb anything greater than it's own height.
4) I've played games and forgot about Thorian Speed all together.

And you can't forget the one we all make (no matter how little often) - forgetting about a height advantage. We've all done it.

So yeah, we all mess up. Everyone has that newb moment where they notice their order markers on the wrong guy, they didn't count their Counterstrike, they forgot about Stealth Dodge until three rounds later, or maybe they just forgot to move all of their Orcs - it happens.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
My biggest mistake was when I first played I thought that Counterstrike worked against everything, ranged, melee, special, normal. That laster a couple games before I re-read the card.

Old November 6th, 2007, 10:29 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tacticly, I would say trying to use RotV Realin to attack Q-9 wasn't a good choice.

Rules wise, Special attacks being modified and anyone can climb ladders were pretty much my only problems. Getting DW8k up in a tower, then rapidfiring with 5 attack allways made people mad.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Elendithas has disabled reputation
Craziest thing I've ever done is allow my 6 and 3 year olds to play with my Templars.....Poor Horsies.....
;(
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman
Rules wise, Special attacks being modified and anyone can climb ladders were pretty much my only problems. Getting DW8k up in a tower, then rapidfiring with 5 attack allways made people mad.
There's nothing wrong with DW8K climbing a ladder.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
I've highlighted in an attempt to help.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
I've highlighted in an attempt to help.
Or maybe...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion