Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Man View Post
Question: Is there a restriction for how many levels you can go up with flying figures?
Nope, go as high as you like, ceiling permitting.
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:20 PM

vanilla is surprisingly tart

Can a Wyvern carry a figure that is using cyberclaw on it?

Can a Wyvern carry a figure around the board, and still remain engaged with it, thereby not taking any leaving engagement attacks?
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post

Can a Wyvern carry a figure around the board, and still remain engaged with it, thereby not taking any leaving engagement attacks?
Yes to the second. I'm not sure about the first.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:

No to both, actually. It would have to take a leaving engagement attack to Talon Grab it.

X17's Cyberclaw prevents movement, so the Wyvern would not be able to move (and therefore Talon Grab) if it started it's turn adjacent to X17. If the Wyvern started its turn away from X17, it could still pick him up.

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 6th, 2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: See the book
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:

Yes to the second. I'm not sure about the first.
If X17 is cyberclawing a Wyvern, it cannot move/use Talon Grab. Also, Black_Charos is incorrect. When a Wyvern that is engaged starts to fly, even if it picks up the figure that it's engaged to, it will still take a leaving engagement attack from that figure.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; April 6th, 2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Ninja'ed!
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

When moving onto a temporary glyph like Kelda or Erland or Mitonsoul, does it have to be used instantly?

I've ALWAYS played with "use it whenever as long as you're on it" but never got a confirmation.

Thanks!
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:22 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
When moving onto a temporary glyph like Kelda or Erland or Mitonsoul, does it have to be used instantly?

I've ALWAYS played with "use it whenever as long as you're on it" but never got a confirmation.

Thanks!
No, as soon as a temporary glyph is landed on, it takes effect.

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

Right, thanks. I just checked the original rulebook, how silly of me not to have done that earlier.

That brings up another question from me though. The book says Kelda cannot be used facedown in any situation, as only heroes may stop on it.

So if I were to use it as a conventional "random" glyph, if a squaddie were to grab it, would it just not take effect then?
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Right, thanks. I just checked the original rulebook, how silly of me not to have done that earlier.

That brings up another question from me though. The book says Kelda cannot be used facedown in any situation, as only heroes may stop on it.

So if I were to use it as a conventional "random" glyph, if a squaddie were to grab it, would it just not take effect then?
According to the rules, you may never use Kelda as a random face-down glyph. If you decided to, you'd have to make up your own house rules for when a non-wounded figure stepped on it.

Old April 7th, 2013, 12:26 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I feel like the others have misinterpreted what you mean. I think you're asking if, for example, both the Wyvern and Gladiatron are my figures, and the other (let's say it's a Viper) is the one who is cyberclawed.

Therefore, the question becomes can my Wyvern pick up my opponent's Viper - which would be a no. Cyberclaw trumps ALL abilities, which includes Talon Grab.

If I'm the one misinterpreting your question, I apologize.
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

According to the rules, you may never use Kelda as a random face-down glyph. If you decided to, you'd have to make up your own house rules for when a non-wounded figure stepped on it.
Right, I remember now. The others I've been using as instant glyphs but this particular one I've used as a "hold until you feel like it" glyph, mostly because in games it'd pretty much be instantly wasted on the squaddie that grabbed it.
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
I feel like the others have misinterpreted what you mean. I think you're asking if, for example, both the Wyvern and Gladiatron are my figures, and the other (let's say it's a Viper) is the one who is cyberclawed.

Therefore, the question becomes can my Wyvern pick up my opponent's Viper - which would be a no. Cyberclaw trumps ALL abilities, which includes Talon Grab.

If I'm the one misinterpreting your question, I apologize.
I think yours would be at the very least more accurate, seeing as Wyvern is a large figure and thus can't be cyberclawed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's