Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 26th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zombies of Morindan

Krav Maga Agents for sure.
Old October 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM

nemothebeastfish is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Zombies for sure need a ranged squad that can back then up?(Marro warriors or kravmaga)
I'm stuck figuring out what squad ( That cost a 100 points) should back them up.
Any suggestions?
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Why not Marro warriors they almost have the same stats and there abilities are both useful? With that being said Marro warriors cast half as much.
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemothebeastfish View Post
Why not Marro warriors they almost have the same stats and there abilities are both useful? With that being said Marro warriors cast half as much.
With their Stealth Dodge, they only need to roll one shield to block ranged attacks. Very useful.
Old October 27th, 2011, 08:32 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Yes, when you compare Krav vs. Marro Warriors it's not even a comparison - sure they have one less attack ut extra range and a much higher survivability rate. The protective fire they can lay down in front of the Zombies will demolish!

On a different note, does anyone else proxy the zombies with Marro squad figures?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Yes, when you compare Krav vs. Marro Warriors it's not even a comparison - sure they have one less attack ut extra range and a much higher survivability rate. The protective fire they can lay down in front of the Zombies will demolish!

On a different note, does anyone else proxy the zombies with Marro squad figures?
Many times TDW. The Marro are a natural choice, I actually like to use 3 Ne-Gok-Sa.

I can attest to the power of the Krav with a Zombie screen. That build dominated at the last NHSD.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Thanks guys I'll be sure to use Krav.
Rate this army and make adjustments.

Zombies *6
Finn
Raelin
Krav
620 pionts
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Thanks guys I'll be sure to use Krav.
Rate this army and make adjustments.

Zombies *6
Finn
Raelin
Krav
620 pionts
If you'll permit me, the slight tweaks I'd recommend would be to drop Finn, and with those points swap RotV Raelin for SotM Raelin, and with the last 20 points add Marcu. Why?

For how "fast" Zombies move, not in speed but numbers, it's nicer to have the larger Raelin aura. Shore, it's one less defense die, but Krav at 4 and Zombies at 4 defense excluding height, shadow, etc. is pretty good, and you don't feel as tethered to Raelin in this way. Finn and Krav is a match made in heaven to be shore, (literally, since Finn has to die, first.) it's pretty tricky to balance OMs between placing Finn and then moving Zombies to take advantage of his Attack Aura 1 bonus. The key to Zombie play is getting to your opponent and swarming him. The smaller Raelin aura and having to spend OMs on Finn detract from this. Lasting, Marcu is a good fit with zombies, not simply because he's cheap, but with six life he can absorb Wannok hits if need be, he's pretty mobile so he can use his good attack against the enemy more often if you need to- but for 20 points you don't need to use Marcu much if at all if things go well. And if he does turn on you and kills a zombie? Not a real loss.

Your above army is pretty decent, but the biggest issue will be splitting OMs between Krav and Zombies, while also needed to reposition Finn and Raelin from time to time. It's a tricky business, and the suggestions I've made here hopefully will streamline this a bit more. Hope this is helpful.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 28th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, I think RoninV's advice about dropping Finn is right on target.
Old October 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM

RoninValentina stated my army was decent.
I want to know what you guys would do with 620.(Using 6 set of Zombies)
And I still don't get why i should drop Finn. Finn does not have to die to help figures. I also thought that Zombies weakness was there attack.

Last edited by nemothebeastfish; October 28th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old October 28th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
RoninValentina stated my army was decent.
I want to know what you guys would do with 620.(Using 6 set of Zombies)
And I still don't get why i should drop Finn. Finn does not have to die to help figures. I also thought that Zombies weakness was there attack.
Yeah, but more attacks beats a +1 to just a few attacks. It's best to put more OMs on the Zombies.
Old October 28th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The reason Finn isn't a good pick is a matter of opportunity cost. For 1 OM, Finn can move and make one attack, or maybe not even one attack, if you're just trying to place him so zombies can use him for his bonus. For 1 OM on Zombies you can move six zombies, and attack with three more, and not necessarily the zombies that moved; which is hugely important for Zombies and an exception to normal Heroscape play.

Thus, every time you place an OM on Finn, that's six zombies that cannot move, three potential chances you lose at bringing zombies back, and because Zombies didn't move, more chances you lose at more attacks in subsequent rounds. Instead you've moved Finn, maybe made one attack, and maybe will get to boost some zombie attacks on a following turn. Placing an OM on Finn over the Zombies is not using a turn to its best potential. In addition, when Finn is in an army with the Krav, the best thing your opponent can do is simply ignore Finn. He can't use his aura to boost the Krav, he can only boost the Krav if he dies. So smart players won't kill him for as long as possible. And if all Finn does is move alone (not bonding) he's easy to ignore. Meanwhile, while you're moving Finn about, your opponent should be trying to kill your zombies faster than you can bring them back. So not using the Zombies to attempt Zombies Rise Again every chance you get will probably come back to bite you. (Heh heh.)

Does this make sense?

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units