Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Monday Night GoogleScape League

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Question/suggestion: This being a weekly game on the same day, I assume various people will have to drop out each week.
My guess is that we will have lots of "XXX and I decided to play our game on Tuesday" and "we didn't get the whole game in; we're finishing up Wednesday" and the like. And that's fine. My read of this is that the point of calling it "Monday Night" is to:
  1. Create a clear, up-front expectation that people get one game played per week, and that if you can't, you're going to be forfeiting and probably shouldn't play, and
  2. Establish a baseline day to play, so that people can reschedule from there, as needed.
Quote:
I suggest that instead of having matchups pre-set and therefore people win by forfeit without getting to play, I would rather re-do macthups so the most people can play each week.
I prefer getting the matchups posted in advance, so we have the maximum flexibility in scheduling. Heck, if I were going to be out of town for two weeks, I might try to get those games in early.

Bengi, please correct me if my assumptions about the league are wrong.
Old January 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I agree with Dok's assessment on those issues.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Question/suggestion: This being a weekly game on the same day, I assume various people will have to drop out each week.
My guess is that we will have lots of "XXX and I decided to play our game on Tuesday" and "we didn't get the whole game in; we're finishing up Wednesday" and the like. And that's fine. My read of this is that the point of calling it "Monday Night" is to:
  1. Create a clear, up-front expectation that people get one game played per week, and that if you can't, you're going to be forfeiting and probably shouldn't play, and
  2. Establish a baseline day to play, so that people can reschedule from there, as needed.
Quote:
I suggest that instead of having matchups pre-set and therefore people win by forfeit without getting to play, I would rather re-do macthups so the most people can play each week.
I prefer getting the matchups posted in advance, so we have the maximum flexibility in scheduling. Heck, if I were going to be out of town for two weeks, I might try to get those games in early.

Bengi, please correct me if my assumptions about the league are wrong.
Exactly correct on both points. I want us to be *fluid here so that everyone has fun. Makeup games a week or so after are fine as well. We're trying something new here, so we will do our best to make a fun environment for everyone.

(*because flexible is too rigid )
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
I don't have a lot of experience with RTW, so I will defer to you on this one. We will go with a midseason game and Semis game with the same army, followed by RTW for the Final.
So, if 525 is the total for the semis/finals, then we'll need to insert that into the linup around week 4. Bengi's current lineup:
  1. 500 points, Uncommon, w/ treasure glyphs
  2. 475 points, kill ‘em all, no glyphs
  3. 800 points, 12 start zone spaces.
  4. 450 point draft, B units or below.
  5. Heat of Battle
  6. 500 points, 5 Card Stud
  7. 510 points, full draft
I'd suggest splitting the pooled draft and "B" and below formats, and losing the 5 card stud and no-glyph formats (we can do no glyphs whenever, it doesn't have to be the only twist in a round). That makes it:
  1. 500 points, Uncommon, w/ treasure glyphs
  2. 450 point, B units and below
  3. 800 points, 12 start zone spaces, Marvel allowed.
  4. 525, kill 'em all
  5. 1000 point draft pools, pooled draft, 500 point game?
  6. Heat of Battle (points?)
  7. 510 points, full draft
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM

It occurred to me that I lost Bengi's 475 point level in my proposed shuffle there, so it should probably find its way back in. Really, you should ignore all of my suggested point totals. I think of army builds immediately for any point total, so it's almost impossible for me to suggest a point total without already having a couple potential builds in mind.

One question on the "B units or below" game: would we use Jexik's rankings, or mine? Obviously, we'll use my rankings for the C3V/SoV figures themselves, since Jexik doesn't rank them. There's two remaining issues, though:
  • I bumped the Snipers and Repulsors to B+ based on Omegacron. Since Omegacron (also a B+) isn't legal, should the Snipers and Repulsors drop back to B and become legal for the event? (I vote yes.)
  • There's a few figures I've shifted around just based on my own feelings that have crossed the B/B+ divide. I moved Arrow Gruts, Swogs, Raelin (SotM), Thorgrim, and Shurrak up to B+, and I dropped Migol, Othkurik, and Torin down to B. Whose rankings should we use? (While I prefer my own of course, it probably makes sense to use Jexik's here.)
Old January 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

One question on the "B units or below" game: would we use Jexik's rankings, or mine? Obviously, we'll use my rankings for the C3V/SoV figures themselves, since Jexik doesn't rank them. There's two remaining issues, though:
  • I bumped the Snipers and Repulsors to B+ based on Omegacron. Since Omegacron (also a B+) isn't legal, should the Snipers and Repulsors drop back to B and become legal for the event? (I vote yes.)
  • There's a few figures I've shifted around just based on my own feelings that have crossed the B/B+ divide. I moved Arrow Gruts, Swogs, Raelin (SotM), Thorgrim, and Shurrak up to B+, and I dropped Migol, Othkurik, and Torin down to B. Whose rankings should we use? (While I prefer my own of course, it probably makes sense to use Jexik's here.)
I second the notion of using Jexik's rankings for non-C3V/Sov, while using your rankings for the specific C3V/SoV units.

Hopefully, this tournament/league will help to merge the two entities together just a bit more.
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:43 PM

heroscapenoobs Woo who?

I doubt this would work, but if nobody can so it and you guys end up waiting this long I should be able to participate from June to July. Just keep me in mind if you can't get anyone.

1. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
2. It matters not whether you win or lose; It matters whether I win or lose.
3. I smile because I have no idea what is going on.
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We will wait another week to start this. We still need 1 more participant.
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:48 PM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

We could drop Heat of the Battle or 800/12 and play this with seven.

Tourney History: 1-8, 3468 points slain.
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapower999 View Post
Yes, but then someone gets a bye each week. 8 players is much better.
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapower999 View Post
Yes, but then someone gets a bye each week. 8 players is much better.
True.
Can anyone think of anyone who can join?

Tourney History: 1-8, 3468 points slain.
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:34 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Questions:

You appear to need an 8th player before you get started, so I'll play!

Okay that wasn't a question, but this is: Why is Kinseth's Googlescape necessary? I don't get what the point of it is. Filthy's app seems to provide everything except the army cards.

I'm all for C3G, but mixed might cause some problems.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events