Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old December 29th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Best in Units(reach).

I was thinking what the best units are. Here's what I've come up with, in their "classes," meaning what they're good at.

Today, I shall look at the "reach" of units. This means how far away a unit can attack another in 1 turn.

Reach: Common Squads- the Omnicron Snipers. They are risky but have 5 movement and 7 range with Deadly Shot! This means they can potentinally reach 12 spaces and easily get 4 skulls! This makes them better than any other common ranged squad, generally of course. They have a huge downfall, 100 points per squad. This gives them limited playability, but in large castle games they are a stable for sure.

Reach: Unique Squad- the Krav steal this by a landslide. 6 move, and 7 range with 3 atk/def, and on top of it, Stealth Dodge!!! They fill voids at 100 points and add a great range. Most times, they fill their point value, but on bad days, their Stealth Dodge fails them. Play them well.

Reach: Hero- Syvarris, the first Elf. DeD truly has the best reach by 1 but Syvarris betters him with the ability to attack twice, and 3 attack. His weak spot is his 4 life, and 2 defense but that can be helped with few wasted points. His 100 points fills the void, same as KMA, well.

Honorable Mentions:

Venoc Vipers- they have good movement, slither, bonding, and frenzy! Plus, only 40 points. Their large downside is that they are defensless. They are better used in large numbers.

Major Q9/Q10- both have 5 movement and 8 range! They are high in other categories though...

Airborne Elites- with 4 move and 8 range they are very popular. Add in the ability to drop almost anywhere and their reach is outstanding. The problem is their low defense and it is often hard to drop them. It is also important to place them well when dropped.
Armies:

Being as all the mentioned units are 100 points, they can fit well in an army to gether.

Omnicrons x2: 200
Krav Maga Agents: 100
Raelin: 80
Syvarris: 100
Kyntela Gwen: 20
Total: 500

This army is on heavy range duty. All of their strengths are increased with the awesome staying power of Raelin. Kyntela helps Syvarris farther and fill the 20 points well. Huge units like Braxas, Charos, and Jotun pose somewhat of a threat. Hopefully, they can be avoided by the better speed of the "reachers."

Omnicrons

Omnicrons x5: 500
Taelord: 180
Raelin(Sotm): 120
Total: 800

A well rounded 800 point army. Add in or take away as many Omnicrons as you want to match the game. Taelord and Raelin round off to an even 300 and give the Omnicron the extra boosts needed.

Syvarris

Theracus: 40
Raelin: 80
Taelord/Major Q9: 180

The Major may steal the glory from Syvarris but draws attention away from him also. Raelin helps them both and Theracus put Syvarris in a good spot. With Taelord he may be able to rain down arrow with more than 5 double attack!

Minions of Utgar x3: 360
Theracus: 40

One of my favorite armies of all time. Same idea with Theracus and Syvarris with powerful guardians. They can stop all invaders. Syvarris is your main offense so protect him.

Syvarris has unlimited possibilities, these are just my educated suggestions.

KMA

These guys fit in most armies and are hard to base an army around them. Just stick 'em on the end.

Comments wanted! I plan to continue this if it is helpful/any use at all. Thanks!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM

tech boy is surprisingly tart
Re: Best in Units(reach).

Your choices up there have alot of the figures i would pick for my armys. The 500pt. one with syvaris is my favroite on there.
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Nathify is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well, don't forget. Cyprien, he has 8 move and steath flying after all. Plus, he's really good with Chilling touch, and Life drain.

Things in life dissapoint you. Even heroscape...when you notice how light your wallet is.
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathify View Post
Well, don't forget. Cyprien, he has 8 move and steath flying after all. Plus, he's really good with Chilling touch, and Life drain.
True but you should never rely a game on a 20 sided dice roll.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Nathify is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Actually, unlike most people I am pretty good with a twenty sided die roll. After all, a 20 kills everything exept a few figures.

Cn't kill Braxus but it leaves her with 1 live.

Can't kill Charos but it leaves him with 3 lives.

Can't kill Krug but it leaves him with 2 lives

Can't kill Jotun but it leaves him with 1 live.

Can't kill Hulk or Abomintion but leaves them with 2 lives.

Things in life dissapoint you. Even heroscape...when you notice how light your wallet is.
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Whoa, did somebody just revive this? You realize I posted this in 2007. Well, I said I'd add to it, but if it took a year to get 4 posts I think I might pass.

Btw, when I posted this Cyprien wasn't even invented. I think the Krav are still #1 though.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I thought this was typically called "threat range".

Me-Burq-Sa has the same threat range (14) as Syvarris. So does Mimring with his fire line attack. Deadeye Dan has a threat range of 15, but only with his normal, 1 die attack.

The longest guaranteed (i.e. no d20 roll needed) threat range involves Ornak activating Brunak, who carries Warden 816, who is then activated by Ornak, who moves forward to attack. 6 (Brunak Move) + 1 (Brunak carry) + 5 (Warden move) + 7 (Warden range) = 19. Of course, you can add things like glyphs or Eldgrim's spirit or roads if you want to make it really ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, Omnicrons don't have the best threat range among common figures. That belongs to Gorrilinators, whose 7 move + 6 attack gives them the same 13 threat range as Skahen, KMA, Ulginesh, the Majors, Zetacron, and Zelrig.

Last edited by dok; April 18th, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM

Poseidon's trident is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathify View Post
Actually, unlike most people I am pretty good with a twenty sided die roll. After all, a 20 kills everything exept a few figures.

Cn't kill Braxus but it leaves her with 1 live.

Can't kill Charos but it leaves him with 3 lives.

Can't kill Krug but it leaves him with 2 lives

Can't kill Jotun but it leaves him with 1 live.

Can't kill Hulk or Abomintion but leaves them with 2 lives.
That is probably a bad thing.

Twas' a bad day when I almost quit Heroscape.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Me-Burq-Sa has the same threat range (14) as Syvarris. So does Mimring with his fire line attack. Deadeye Dan has a threat range of 15, but only with his normal, 1 die attack.

The longest guaranteed (i.e. no d20 roll needed) threat range involves Ornak activating Brunak, who carries Warden 816, who is then activated by Ornak, who moves forward to attack. 6 (Brunak Move) + 1 (Brunak carry) + 5 (Warden move) + 7 (Warden range) = 19. Of course, you can add things like glyphs or Eldgrim's spirit or roads if you want to make it really ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, Omnicrons don't have the best threat range among common figures. That belongs to Gorrilinators, whose 7 move + 6 attack gives them the same 13 threat range as Skahen, KMA, Ulginesh, the Majors, Zetacron, and Zelrig.
actually the longest threat range belongs to the brunak, ornak,iskra,rechets combo because 6+1+6+6+6+1=26 (brunak move,carry,iskra move,summon,rechet move,rechet range) and 26>19.
just so you know.
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar/utgar own View Post
Quote:

actually the longest threat range belongs to the brunak, ornak,iskra,rechets combo because 6+1+6+6+6+1=26 (brunak move,carry,iskra move,summon,rechet move,rechet range) and 26>19.
just so you know.
I said "no d20 roll needed". Iskra needs to roll 14+ to summon the Rechets. So, no, this does not beat the Brunak/Ornak/Warden combo.

If we're allowing for d20 rolls, then the Aubrien Archers, Venoc Vipers, EOVs, and Tarn Viking Warriors all have potentially unlimited move.
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:57 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar/utgar own View Post
Quote:

just so you know.
I said "no d20 roll needed". Iskra needs to roll 14+ to summon the Rechets. So, no, this does not beat the Brunak/Ornak/Warden combo.

If we're allowing for d20 rolls, then the Aubrien Archers, Venoc Vipers, EOVs, and Tarn Viking Warriors all have potentially unlimited move.
i should read the text more. but brunak,cyprien,ornak come close with 6+1+8+1=16 and 8 of it neglects elevations.
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

u/u the problem with your math is that it doesn't all happen on one turn...Brunak carries on his turn and then the figure he carried can move on the next order marker

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles