Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Tournament Director (updated January 28, 2008)

Tournament Director Updated! (August 19, 2009)

New features:

1. Tournament Director now supports single-elimination rounds and tournaments. TD will organize Swiss-style rounds like before but if desired can also setup any number of elimination-rounds to produce a champion.

2. Now you can customize how TD ranks players.

3. Various minor improvements.

4. Tournament Director now saves tournament files in an xml format. If you wish to develop your own applications using tournament data and know how to parse xml files(there should be easy to use libraries in any language) you can. Want to make a program to generate prettily formatted match results? Want to calculate statistics based on a group of tournaments? You can.

Screenshot of new feature:

Tournament Director has a new webpage! Here is where you can find downloads, documentation, screenshots, etc.

As usual, please posts comments/criticisms/bugs/desired features/etc.

Last edited by Sisyphus; October 5th, 2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old October 12th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'll be checking this one out for sure!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hey I have a lot of feedback to give. I encountered some issues as well. Are you committed to this project?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Hey I have a lot of feedback to give. I encountered some issues as well. Are you committed to this project?
For now just post any feedback here. Note that I just found a bug where things broke after removing units from armies. That should be fixed now so you can re-download the .zip file for the new version (the new readme should have 10-12-2007 as the date).
Old October 12th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Great start BTW!!

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Great work! It looks like you've taken into account that no one should get more than one Bye.

I would suggest that you make it so clicking "Match Finished" locks the stats for that match unless you de-select it to make modifications to a previous match you entered incorrectly. This would just prevent accidental changes once you're on a new round. You might also make "Remove Player" something that cannot be selected once the first round is accepted or once there are matches on the list (since you said it messes up the program).
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar
Great work! It looks like you've taken into account that no one should get more than one Bye.
Yes. Actually, whoever has the lowest ranking with the fewest number of previous byes gets the bye. So if you play enough rounds with an uneven number of players, even the highest ranked player will eventually get a bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar
I would suggest that you make it so clicking "Match Finished" locks the stats for that match unless you de-select it to make modifications to a previous match you entered incorrectly. This would just prevent accidental changes once you're on a new round.
Very good idea. This is the kind of suggestion I want. I will implement this.

Quote:
You might also make "Remove Player" something that cannot be selected once the first round is accepted or once there are matches on the list (since you said it messes up the program).
Yeah I'll do this too eventually do this. For some reason this didn't seem logical to me late last night since I might want to ADD players mid competition and I wanted everything organized cleanly.

I also just realized that if you add a player in the middle of competition, that player will get first priority for a bye since he will have the worst record and not have had a bye before. I'll think of some way around that...
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Program updated with some new features and bug fixes.
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Some things seem to take too long and are unrealistic for TD's such as the drop down that allows you to put in the player's army.. I think this is cool but that it should be optional. If you leave it blank the program will not allow you to put in match results. I also think that the match results page is too hard to figure out and is too time consuming. You should be able to just put a check mark in a box for who won, and then simply log in the amount of points each player destroyed, as it is now you are entering too much data and that will cause slowdowns and will cause mistakes as well. Is there any way to streamline and simplify the match results?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Some things seem to take too long and are unrealistic for TD's such as the drop down that allows you to put in the player's army.. I think this is cool but that it should be optional. If you leave it blank the program will not allow you to put in match results. I also think that the match results page is too hard to figure out and is too time consuming. You should be able to just put a check mark in a box for who won, and then simply log in the amount of points each player destroyed, as it is now you are entering too much data and that will cause slowdowns and will cause mistakes as well. Is there any way to streamline and simplify the match results?

The whole idea was that you wouldn't have to do all the math yourself if you could just record how many figures you have remaining. All the information that must be recorded, has to be recorded anyway but it may be faster to do it by hand. Oh well, I sleep on it.
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Awesome, I have been waiting for something like this. I will download it and play with it tomorrow and provide some feedback.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM

Program updated. See first post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software