Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 5th, 2022, 04:41 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Reed Richards (Visionary) - Playtesting

I'd rather just go with regular Contingency Plan if we're feeling the unblockables don't come into play enough, simplifying text and lessening complexity, personally. Especially if we're aiming to lower his points.

If we're feeling he's just not worth drafting, then that's another problem entirely. If that were the case, I'd ditch the whole glyph pool direction and go with Invention Markers, that you place one additional one each time you win initiative, with each one providing another bonus to his team. Then you do stat buffs like adding to move, attack, defense, or disengage etc.

To me though, I'm fine with him at 220. I don't think he needs more usefulness or utility stacked on to what he's already offering. He can already do a lot. He's got great mobility. Great range potential. Doesn't have to worry about getting locked down or engagement preventing him from going after his target. He has an assortment of glyphs to bring for him and his team. He can recover OMs. And he can deal out the occasional unblockable if the situation works out.
Old September 5th, 2022, 05:36 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
FANTASTIC CONTINGENCY
When a glyph placed by Reed’s Visionary Theoretician special power would be lost, before removing it from a figure’s card, you may choose a figure on or within 1 space of that glyph and roll an unblockable attack die against it. When an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, before removing that figure from the battlefield, you may move any Order Markers from that card to any other card you control.
What about this? It's almost the same, but the Glyph part of the contingency is contained to when that glyph would be lost, which probably makes more thematic sense. Only 1 roll for that one glyph, but still dangerous for the opponent to hold, and might go off more frequently.
Old September 5th, 2022, 06:28 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That feels like 2 different powers smashed together. If you're dead set on that approach, then it's better off included in the first power since it's already tied to it, and then re-using Contingency Plan for the 3rd power.
Quote:
VISIONARY THEORETICIAN
Start the game with 4 Invention Equipment Glyphs of different types in a Glyph Pool, power-side up. After winning initiative, you may choose a glyph from Reed Richard's Glyph Pool and place it onto the card of a Visionary you control, or onto the card of a friendly adjacent Unique Hero. If that glyph would be lost due to receiving a wound, before removing it from a figure's card, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure on or within 1 space of that glyph.

ELONGATION
Before moving Reed Richards normally, you may subtract up to 8 from his Move number to add that to his Range number for this turn. If you subtract at least 4, he also gains the Flying special power during that movement. Reed never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures while engaged.

CONTINGENCY PLAN
While Reed Richards is in play, when an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.
This feels more natural, has the benefit of now having a vetted power title for the last power so it's immediately recognizable, and would allow us to increase the font size a little too.
Old September 5th, 2022, 07:35 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Makes sense, but I'm totally against him getting plain Contingency Plan, because I hate that it doesn't work when he himself is destroyed. It's fine for a startzone sitter like Oracle, but I want Reed to be active, so I tweaked the power. It will be more powerful this way, but in practice, not different than any game where Oracle is destroyed last.

The power names are callouts to what being a Visionary means, or a futurist, or Reed's quest to "Solve Everything."

Also, Glyphs are lost when a figure receives wounds or is destroyed, so got rid of the "due to wounds" restriction to trigger off of Auto-Destruction.
Quote:
VISIONARY THEORETICIAN
Start the game with 4 Invention Equipment Glyphs of different types in a Glyph Pool, power-side up. After winning initiative, you may choose a glyph from Reed Richard's Glyph Pool and place it onto the card of a Visionary you control, or onto the card of a friendly adjacent Unique Hero. When a figure would lose that glyph due to receiving a wound, before removing it from a figure's card, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure on or within 1 space of that glyph.

ELONGATION
Before moving Reed Richards normally, you may subtract up to 8 from his Move number to add that to his Range number for this turn. If you subtract at least 4, he also gains the Flying special power during that movement. Reed never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures while engaged.

FUTURE SIGHT or SOLVE EVERYTHING or THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING
While Reed Richards is in play, When an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control. You may use this power even if Reed Richards is destroyed.
For Pasteability:
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 5th, 2022, 08:14 PM

Typically Reed isn't a priority though, even while in the action. Iron Man, Beast, Black Panther, Strange, all take precedent over him in terms of need to get rid of. I'm not sure I put an OM on Reed in my tests.

For the remainder of the game feels a bit unnecessary, and eliminates the advantage of ever going for him, only compounding that statement.

I'd just go with the ability to move off of him too when he's destroyed if you really need it.
Quote:
When an Army Card you control has its last figure destroyed, before removing that figure from the battlefield, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.
Old September 5th, 2022, 08:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

CONTINGENCY PLAN
While Reed Richards is in play, when an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.

Doesn't the use of immediately mean you can use if when Reed gets destroyed?
Old September 5th, 2022, 08:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

ROGUE CONTINGENCY PLAN
When a Rogue you control is destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other Rogue card you control.

Pretty sure that's how it works for Capt. Cold II. The use of immediately here was intentional so that even when Capt. Cold was destroyed, any OM's on his card could be moved to a different Rogue you had in your army. Thus, a contingency plan is in place for even when he goes down.
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:06 PM
Casing the Corners

Fair points Ark. If that wording were used, Thought of Everything would be the most reusable name, but I'm open to other names. What about FORESIGHT? Kind of punny, but Vodoun Foresight and Planar Foresight are both initiative boosting powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Doesn't the use of immediately mean you can use if when Reed gets destroyed?
The most troublesome part of original Contingency Plan is the "in play" part. If you're destroyed, you're not in play. Oracle's thread:https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...81#post1539981
I think Captain Cold is probably fine though, even without the "before removing that figure from the battlefield" language. That language at least makes double sure though.
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Ah, okay. So 'in play' would cut Reed out.
Old September 5th, 2022, 11:39 PM
Casing the Corners

Safe to recommend further testing with this version at 220?
Quote:
VISIONARY THEORETICIAN
Start the game with 4 Invention Equipment Glyphs of different types in a Glyph Pool, power-side up. After winning initiative, you may choose a glyph from Reed Richard's Glyph Pool and place it onto the card of a Visionary you control, or onto the card of a friendly adjacent Unique Hero. When a figure would lose that glyph, before removing it from a figure's card, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure on or within 1 space of that glyph.

ELONGATION

FORESIGHT
When an Army Card you control has its last figure destroyed, before removing that figure from the battlefield, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.
Old September 5th, 2022, 11:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm gonna second that I really think Contingency Plan is the correct move here, vs. creating a whole new version that doesn't really benefit this particular unit all that much.
Old September 6th, 2022, 07:34 AM
Casing the Corners

I won’t give him “Contingency Plan” for the reasons I’ve stated.
Ark may not have put Order Markers on Reed, but I know Ericth did in our match, and I certainly did in my games.
My first match against the Titans, it came down to Reed and Spider-Man(Avengers), and there is no way I’d put Order Markers on Spider-Man in that situation. Reed and Spidey is a naturally great pairing for bonding, glyph grabbing, and giving Spidey “instead of attacking” glyphs for when he can’t attack. It’ll be even better if Reed is 220, because then the two will be 500.

Foresight is my attempt to remedy my quibble with Contingency Plan, and give it a name that is reusable. But if its not unique enough to be worth making a new power, I’ll re-suggest this:

Quote:
FANTASTIC CONTINGENCY
When a glyph placed by Reed’s Visionary Theoretician special power would be lost, before removing it from a figure’s card, you may choose a figure on or within 1 space of that glyph and roll an unblockable attack die against it. When an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, before removing that figure from the battlefield, you may move any Order Markers from that card to any other card you control.
Ark said it feels like two powers smashed together, but it’s 99% the same as what was tested. It just now triggers anytime the glyph is lost instead of just when the figure is destroyed. The power has always been a Glyph and Order Marker contingency. The two effects will still trigger at the same time, so I think it still makes sense to keep those two effects next to each other.

And moving the glyph part over to the Visionary Theoretician is arguably just as much smashing two powers together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library