Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Can a figure flip between attacks? So, if Q9 attacks one knight in front of him with his Queglix, can he turn around to shoot other knights behind him? (Q9 cannot shoot directly behind himself)
A double-spaced figure can only flip during movement (at any time and however many times you want), so no on Q9. A single-spaced figure can be rotated at any point during your turn (even if it's not the figure taking the turn), if needed.
Whoa, I did not know that double spacers couldn't flip around while attacking/between attack rolls. Is there a specific section in a rulebook that says that, or is that something that scapers decided?

I've always allowed double spacers to twist as needed while on their own turn, I was always under the impression that you can move your own figures like that ONLY on your own turn, not only during movement.
This is covered in the official FAQ which can be downloaded from this site. It is covered under moving a double based unit. You can flip the figure as many times as you want during the move but the figure will stand where he lands once the movement is over.
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:12 PM

Dead3ye Woo who?

Just a quick question here. On the Minions of Utgar's card, the Deadly Strike power states that, "All skulls rolled count for one additional hit." Does this mean, since you would roll two dice for attacking, that if you roll a two, it would count as three since you just add an extra skull for all the others, or would it count as four since you add an extra skull for each individual skull that you rolled? This question has always puzzled me and I was just hoping that someone could help me out. Thanks.
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Each skull counts as two. If you roll one skull, it's two hits; if you roll two, it's four. If you're on height and hit with three, it counts as six.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Each skull you roll is doubled. So, if you roll 2 dice and get 1 skull, it counts for 2. If you roll 2 dice and get 2 skulls, they count as 4. If you have height advantage and roll 3 dice, you can get up to 6 skulls worth of hits against your opponent's defense.

Had a feeling I would get 'd on this.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 31st, 2014, 12:25 PM

Dead3ye Woo who?

Thanks for the answers guys.

My Tradelist

Great Trades with: Gurei-Ornery, Seraph, Fatboy Chubby, Chasee
Old January 1st, 2015, 03:53 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Hmm, so if a Minion attacks an Izumi Samurai and rolls 2 skulls and the Samurai rolls 3 shields, does Counterstrike trigger? I'm thinking no since the Minions extra hits are "hits" not skulls.
Old January 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, Counter Strike does not come into effect. I'm pretty sure that the Izumi would just receive one wound from the attack. The three shields cancel out three of the four "hits" but then the remaining one deals the wound, because of this there are no excess shields and Counter Strike does not trigger.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 1st, 2015, 08:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Hmm, so if a Minion attacks an Izumi Samurai and rolls 2 skulls and the Samurai rolls 3 shields, does Counterstrike trigger? I'm thinking no since the Minions extra hits are "hits" not skulls.
If a Minion rolls two skulls against an Izumi who responds with three shields, the Izumi is dead, and the Minion lives on to pick on another sad samurai.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 2nd, 2015, 01:20 AM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

May I place a double space figure such that one end is on top of a shadow piece (or other such piece with height 0) and the other is on a normal hex tile?

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old January 2nd, 2015, 01:22 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
May I place a double space figure such that one end is on top of a shadow piece (or other such piece with height 0) and the other is on a normal hex tile?
Yep. The uneven-height restriction doesn't apply here, since the shadow tile technically doesn't add any height.
Old January 4th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Time for another dumb question: can I use Sonya's Eternal Strength to aid an opponent's or teammate's Cyprien Chilling Touch? It never clarifies that it has to be your own Cyprien...

I'm drafting for a co-op D&D scenario with my friend who could afford Cyprien but not Sonya whilst I can spare the points for her in my army. Will that strategy work???

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 5th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
It never clarifies that it has to be your own Cyprien...
While this is technically true, read the card again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Strength
Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for...
Pretty clearly can't boost anyone else.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's