Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Dungeons and Dragons!?

Hopefully it's a new ruleset for playing Heroscape as though it is DnD. That would be pretty cool.
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

If this is true it's very interesting. Perhaps they are planning on combining Heroscape minature line with the D&D one but including seperate stats for each figure (HS and D&D stats).

Wow. I don't think any of us would've guessed this.
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Gut reaction: Ugh.

Second thought: I wonder what DnD actually is like. I always thought it involved role-playing. Am I wrong? Please tell me I'm wrong.
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Second thought: I wonder what DnD actually is like. I always thought it involved role-playing. Am I wrong? Please tell me I'm wrong.
I've never played it either, although I have always wanted to although yes, I do believe it is RPG-ish.

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry Ollie, it has a bunch of roleplaying..

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

I would hope that this doesn't mean that Classic Scape is on the shelf and being replaced by straight DnD Heroscape.

I would also hope that whatever they do is fully compatable with Classic Scape.

Should be interesting...

PS - I can't get that pic to load...anyone else able too?
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It does, but there is a miniture line and there have been many "battle" versions that were more about combat than RP.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Sorry Ollie, it has a bunch of roleplaying..
Then third reaction: ugh.

Thanks for the info.

Edit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild
It does, but there is a miniture line and there have been many "battle" versions that were more about combat than RP.
4th reaction: Hmmmm, but still ugh. I want "all", not "more".
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Link to a pic of WOTC next year schedule, has "DnD Heroscape" in February.

http://twitpic.com/dv5ng
Is it possible there is (or should be) a comma in between D&D and Heroscape, implying releases for each respective game?

-insert signature here-
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

You're kidding me.

Granted, I've been using Heroscape terrain and minis for our RPG group since last fall, but this sounds ridiculous. I'm not sure if that's in a good way or bad just yet.

Last edited by Ivellius; August 14th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Link to a pic of WOTC next year schedule, has "DnD Heroscape" in February.

http://twitpic.com/dv5ng
Is it possible there is (or should be) a comma in between D&D and Heroscape, implying releases for each respective game?
5th Reaction: ooooh.

OK, I'll stop now.
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It makes sense to have a miniature line that can be used across multiple formats...

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News