Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I agree about Dexter, I liked the show the first couple of seasons but it slowly got worse and worse. Breaking bad on the other hand just had a great 4th season, loved the season final. Looking forward to Justified starting up again this month.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
I made it about halfway through Dexter S6 before I lost all interest. The show is just so terrible now...
A lot of people have said that Season 4 was the best and after that its been downhill. I actually liked season 5 with Lumen and Zero Cool. And the last minute or so of the season made up for an otherwise lackluster season. Made up for it enough that I want see where they take it and see if they can bring the show back to its former awesomeness.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I finished Suzuka a couple days ago. Now I'm watching Shuffle, which I like better.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

I've been watching Chuck, which sadly ends at the end of the month. I've also been watching The Walking Dead, which had a great mid-season finale.

However, I still think that Battlestar Galactica is the greatest show ever created.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post
Quote:
I made it about halfway through Dexter S6 before I lost all interest. The show is just so terrible now...
A lot of people have said that Season 4 was the best and after that its been downhill. I actually liked season 5 with Lumen and Zero Cool. And the last minute or so of the season made up for an otherwise lackluster season. Made up for it enough that I want see where they take it and see if they can bring the show back to its former awesomeness.
Yeah, the only thing that is making finishing the season mildly tempting for me is that they said they're planning on wrapping it up in 2 more seasons, so that interests me, sort of. There were just 2 or 3 episodes in S6 that were 100% uncharacteristic of the show and I don't know what was happening. I found myself asking "What the heck am I watching" more than once and I'm only 6 episodes in. S1 was amazing, 2 was meh, 3 was not good, 4 was awesome, and 5 was terrible, IMO. 6 is shaping up to be the worst yet, which is sad because they had a lot of elements that could have made it awesome.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Just re-watched Star Trek DS9 over the past 6 month while reading the Star Trek DS9 Companion (written commentary on each episode) - and affirmed my belief that it is the best show I ever watched and I now cant's stand TNG & Voyager after watching DS9 as it is so much better. I wrote my reasons before why I like it, but basically is combines action, comedy, and really intriguing character drama, and not just alien/anomaly of the week like most the other treks. I have been watching the new Doctor Who on Amazon Prime (still on the first season/doc) and just ordered one of my favorite shows ever on DVD - Nowhere Man, and while I was at it Daybreak (which I have never seen), both lasted only a season and where about one man wrongfully accused trying to both run from and fight "the conspiracy", kinda like "The Fugitive" or "The Prisoner" on crack.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 3rd, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

The Civil War. I cried when they read from Sullivan Ballou's letter to his wife.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

DS9 was a great show. Do you have the name of the author of the DS9 Companion book, or its ISBN?

It was pretty much agreed around my posse that the best Captain to serve under in real life would be Sisko, since he's good at everything! But that doesn't make me like the other Treks less. I'm going through TNG now, so it would be logical to move on to DS9 next. I remember many people didn't like DS9 when it first came out, but it was always tops with me. I'm seeing now how many DS9 themes were prefigured in TNG, such as the Ferenghi, the Cardassians, the Bajorans, a Trill, and much more.

Some DS9 characters and their starfleet ship feature in the new board game Stark Trek Fleet Captains, along with those of the other Trek versions.
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
6 is shaping up to be the worst yet, which is sad because they had a lot of elements that could have made it awesome.
The last couple minutes of the last episode make up for quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
and while I was at it Daybreak (which I have never seen), both lasted only a season and where about one man wrongfully accused trying to both run from and fight "the conspiracy", kinda like "The Fugitive" or "The Prisoner" on crack.
That was a great show, I wish more shows would come out like this, one season of an awesome story.
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
DS9 was a great show. Do you have the name of the author of the DS9 Companion book, or its ISBN?... I'm going through TNG now, so it would be logical to move on to DS9 next.
ISBN 0671501062 - No eBook available and hard to find in stores except maybe secondhand. Buy online: Amazon, Google Products, eBay (I found not-so-good-condition one for $15 online awhile ago, but prices do seem steep for this rare book)
This 725 page book is probably the best "Making Of" book about any TV show ever as it has a 1-2 page synopsis and 2-4 page behind the scenes on every episode, with candid interviews by the writers, producers, cast, crew, & effect departments. If you ever do watch DS9, I recommend getting this book first then reading about each episode right after you watch it - the closest thing your gonna get to audio commentary on every episode. The original series had a compendium and TNG has a companion too, but they had 1/2 the depth of the DS9 companion, and Voyager also has a companion but it is pretty much crap just like most of the series. Amazon Prime has all the trek shows online (plus a whole lot more) for $80/year which is about the same price as 1 or 2 seasons on DVD.
Quote:
It was pretty much agreed around my posse that the best Captain to serve under in real life would be Sisko, since he's good at everything! But that doesn't make me like the other Treks less... I remember many people didn't like DS9 when it first came out, but it was always tops with me. I'm seeing now how many DS9 themes were prefigured in TNG, such as the Ferenghi, the Cardassians, the Bajorans, a Trill, and much more.
Sisko does seem like the most realistic captain who was less by-the-books than Picard or Janeway but more by-the-books than Kirk or Archer. I guess I still like other treks but DS9 overshadows them so much that all I can think when watching 95% of other shows is "it is still no DS9".

Quote:
Some DS9 characters and their starfleet ship feature in the new board game Stark Trek Fleet Captains, along with those of the other Trek versions.
I might wanna check it out, but here's hoping Expeditions has some DS9 minis to use in Trekscape.
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
The Misfits is currently being downloaded on the recommendation of some friends. The British Heroes apparently. Anyone seen it?
We're four episodes into the six episode series. It's amazingly good. I don't know if it's because we started thinking of it as Britain Does Heroes or whether we'd have come to this conclusion anyway, but it seems to exemplify everything that's different about TV shows in the two countries.

Both places do amazing things, but they are so different.

Highly recommended, and only $5 on iTunes.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
The Misfits is currently being downloaded on the recommendation of some friends. The British Heroes apparently. Anyone seen it?
We're four episodes into the six episode series. It's amazingly good. I don't know if it's because we started thinking of it as Britain Does Heroes or whether we'd have come to this conclusion anyway, but it seems to exemplify everything that's different about TV shows in the two countries.

Both places do amazing things, but they are so different.

Highly recommended, and only $5 on iTunes.
I love that show.

$5 for the whole first season? Downloading iTunes right now.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV