Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 17th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs-Vydar Assassin (with animated card) 11/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Updated Braga Tyr with spite's advice (and made an animated card for him just because ).

Sorry for the long load time.

Cool! How do I get it to print that way?

Quote:
CHANGE OF PLANS
After revealing a numbered order marker on an Army Card you control and instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may reveal the "X" order marker on this card and take a turn with Braga Tyr instead.
This assumes you weren't taking OM 3 off on turn 1.

If you are taking OM3 (or OM2 for that matter) on turn 1, you'd still get to use OM1, right? If so, would this work?
Quote:
CHANGE OF PLANS
Before taking your normal turn, you may reveal the "X" order marker on this card and immediately take a turn with Braga Tyr. If you do, you must remove one unrevealed order marker from another Army Card you control.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Cool! How do I get it to print that way?
Thats easy. I will send you a .jpg of each frame in the animation and you can print them all out and make a flip book out of them. That is what I do each time I reveal an OM on him. I also make a breezy whooshing sound with my mouth to go with the moving fog effect.

For some reason I have been having a hard time getting my friends to come over and play HS with me.

The intent of the power was that instead of revealing, for instance, your 2 OM on your second turn, you reveal the X OM. That way you still have an unrevealed OM to keep your opponent guessing. The numbered OM that you do not reveal must be the OM for that turn. In other words, if you reveal the X OM on your first turn, you cannot reveal the 1 OM during that round or take a turn with it.

I can work on the wording for it. I will not, however, be making another animated card for the update. Too much work for too little effect.
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

That's pretty awesome, Lama. Now you've got me thinking about how the other cards could be animated. Lava explosion on the Utgar card, wavering heat on the Einar card, whipping wind on the Einar card, etc.

Just thoughts. You probably should NOT go and do all of those. Unless you really want to. Awesome assassin, though.
Old December 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs-Utgar Guard (with animated card) 12/01

Another OM based power card. As well as an animated card inspired by spite.

I am not sure about his cost. Any thoughts?
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I like "Trample the Weary". 3 attack isn't great, but you figure much of the time, he'll be rolling at least 1 more because of Trample the Weary. He'll see a lot of OM 3 to take advantage of TtW. Considering he's Uncommon, 130 works. The question is, with him being Uncommon, would it be better if his cost was a little lower so you could afford mulitples? If so, you could drop his Life by 1 and bring him down to 100-110.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I like "Trample the Weary". 3 attack isn't great, but you figure much of the time, he'll be rolling at least 1 more because of Trample the Weary. He'll see a lot of OM 3 to take advantage of TtW. Considering he's Uncommon, 130 works. The question is, with him being Uncommon, would it be better if his cost was a little lower so you could afford mulitples? If so, you could drop his Life by 1 and bring him down to 100-110.
Personally, I think he's good where he is. A lot of uncommon figures are 130 or above and he is pretty strong.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I like him. And the card is awesome. Does that take long to do??

Anyway, I think 130 is probably about right. Dropping his life to save on a few points would work, but try him first. See what works best. I suspect he's probably fun the way he is.

Nice work.

~Spite
Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:33 PM

RitzBit is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New:Aquilla Kyrie Squad 8/31 (last p

Yaman, I think you nailed it, thats exactly what Aquilla kyrie should look like ha. also rad name
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I will begin testing at 130 and see how he does then drop his life like mac and spite said and see how he plays at a lower cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I like him. And the card is awesome. Does that take long to do??
Actually, this one didn't take as long as the fog effect on the other. Once I got the hang of rendering a fire look it didn't take too long. I use paint.net and unfreez- both of which are free programs.

OK, here is another unit using my OM power brainstorm.

The figure used is the Elf Archer from Reaper Minis Legendary Encounters. You can find the figure everywhere in great abundance.

As always, the cost probably needs some tweaking.

Any thoughts?
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM

Re: LC's Customs-Ullar Hunter 12/08

Like this guy!

The wording on Visible Movement is a little off.

Quote:
When Sel'Gair attacks, you may roll 1 additional attack die for each revealed order marker on its card (or cards if that opponent is using more than one Common Army Card for that figure) to a maximum of +2 attack dice.
The bolded part should probably reference the targeted figure or something.

When Sel'Gair attacks, you may roll 1 additional attack die for each revealed order marker on the opponent's figure's Army Card...
That's not quite right, either, but I think it needs something along those lines.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Like this guy!

The wording on Visible Movement is a little off.

Quote:
When Sel'Gair attacks, you may roll 1 additional attack die for each revealed order marker on its card (or cards if that opponent is using more than one Common Army Card for that figure) to a maximum of +2 attack dice.
The bolded part should probably reference the targeted figure or something.

When Sel'Gair attacks, you may roll 1 additional attack die for each revealed order marker on the opponent's figure's Army Card...
That's not quite right, either, but I think it needs something along those lines.

I edited the original ability and forgot to rework that part.

Quote:
VISIBLE MOVEMENT
When Sel'Gair attacks, you may roll 1 additional attack die for each revealed Order Marker on the defending figure's Army Card(or cards if that opponent is using more than one Common Army Card for that figure) to a maximum of +2 attack dice
Thanks, mac!

EDIT
I updated the card in the OP with above text.
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Very interesting card and mechanic.

It's a tricky power to price and here's why: it's clearly at its strongest when paired with powerful multiple-attack heroes that take their own OMs. That immediately makes me think of the Majors and the Dragons, possibly with some rats thrown in. Of course, those are already extremely powerful builds, so anything that makes them stronger is dangerous.

That said, how much is one extra attack per round worth? Even if it's potentially a ranged attack of 5, it's still just one extra attack. And you have to worry about getting him in position to attack without moving, too, so there's an OM efficiency cost, even if it's only a one-time thing.

At first blush, 110 seems fair. 80 would have felt very inexpensive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards