Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which bug bugs bugs bug you the least?
Atharm & Volucris Suicidium 8 44.44%
Insectar Queen & Guard 2 11.11%
Kkyal the Enforcer & Kraul Wing Soldier 3 16.67%
Kraal & Drone 2 11.11%
Mazierk, Kraul Necromancer & Golgari Vanguard 6 33.33%
Poxi Vespimic & Insect Drone 8 44.44%
Queen Ghuddedio & Kraul Grunt 2 11.11%
Queen Odonata & Feldspar Drone 3 16.67%
S'Kraax Queen & Drone 3 16.67%
Volaticus & Green Horned Warrior 3 16.67%
Vorelanj & Dread Locust Dragoon 8 44.44%
Xiphydri Commander & Drone 3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 6th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Springtime Custom Competition Poll - Vote by 4/22

Xiphydri Drone Apart from the name being needlessly complex, I very much like this design. {A}
Xiphydri Commander Being able to control seven 3-Attack figures a turn is ridonculous, even with the squishiness. I feel the power needs renaming and the points toggled. But still good job. {B}

Dread Locust Dragoon Odd species name. Mortal Shed is unnecessarily wordy, but it’s an interesting power. Points and size are good. {C}
Vorelanj two powerful abilities. I would like Blowfly to be little more restrictive for flavor/theme. Points may be a tad low. But this is a tasty piece. I like how Mortal Shed combos with Blowfly. {B}

Green Horned Warrior Yikes, where are my glasses?! Bonding is Interesting, but then why not make it a two-figure Common Squad? Phrenzy versus Frenzy? I suppose having them heroes would make it slightly easier to understand rolls for this power, but it’s needlessly wordy and also explosively powerful. Overall, this needs streamlining. {D}
Volaticus a formidable hero that toes the line of being too cheap. {C}

S’kraax Drone Odd name, but I appreciate the normal species. Standard swarm power and tantalizing body-points ratio. {B}
S’kraax Queen Vanilla plus. {A}

Feldspar Drone Hive Mind seems to be needlessly and awkwardly wordy. First Assault is an interesting power, but ironically placed on a figure designed to go second. {C}
Queen Odonata Beefy Life for the Points, but then we see the Life is fuel the first power. I’d like the thorns to thorn others. Since it doesn’t, this would have been a good opportunity to explain the use of feldspar, a crystal. Stopping movement has a fun subtle synergy with First Assault. Protect the Queen is overly wordy, but a fine power that also works well with Feldspar Drone. {C}

Kraul Grunt Interesting body. Horde, not Hoard, but cool power. {B}
Queen Ghuddedio Powerful bonding with shutdown switch. Would have been cool in retrospect if Grunt’s power triggered off any Insect hero and not only Common Insect Heroes. {B}

Insect Drone Since swarm always hits 3 or more figures, this should simply be a 3-figure squad. {C}
Poxi VesPimic Toxic Skin, a powerful ability for a flier and Points may be too low for it, but kudos to the power telling a story. Pretty sure favor can be worded better, but that definitely powerful and Poxi should be more Points. Very cool though. {B}

Golgari Vanguard card looks great but Flying should be last power. Also AotP has a thing against it because it’s based on Magic: the Gathering and I lost a game to the creature pictured. It’s 3/2 for 1G with Deathtouch and Reach. None of that is represented here. That aside, Good body and power to points ratio. {B}
Mazirek, Kraul Necromancer Gorgeous card (where’d you get your frames?). I’m wondering if you put Flying first because Magic does it that way. I can dig it. Mazirek is a legal target for her own Hive Mind as written. Priest of Death is really really good. She’s a fragile frame, is it enough? I’d like to play it to see. {A}

Kraal Drone 7 flying is very fast and swarm is incredibly powerful. Points keep it in check somewhat, but the whole world moves when this goes off and your army is dedicated to Kraal. I dunno. {C}
Kraal 9 Move Drones swarming everywhere without a need for an OM, a potential attack 6 to mop up. Stealth flying would be better. I’m not sure if I’d want this over simply 5 more Drones. I do like how it doesn’t resort to bonding. {B}

Kraul Wing Soldier species is fine I suppose. Exoskeleton is super powerful at only 20 points. Compare this to the Mezzo Demons which are 70 points and don’t have flying. I sense the power level is off, but I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t like it. {B}
Kkyal the Enforcer Funny special attack, odd it doesn’t expend an Exoskeleton marker tho. I think it would be cooler to instead target the marker and have this guy be an uncommon. I do like that he’s cheap. Overall, a good draft, but not final product. {C}

Insectar Guard [My submission] Weaker than Arkmer, but can have more of them and they all get to Guardian Strike (except the one being targeted of course). Only submission so far with Stealth Flying. Species is nod to Elementars. {B}
Insectar Queen [My submission] Name is a nod to Venoc Warlord, a unique with a generic name. I wanted a power that wasn’t bonding or horde movement, but still conveyed swarming. I also wanted a power that wasn’t exclusive to her squad. The power is a tad wordy, but I believe it’s all needed and is tight as can be. There are six hexes surrounding a single hex, so her normal attack of Range 8 has the potential to be 7 or 8 dice. Also, her special power can force a target switch, which triggers Guardian strike. Stealth Flying of the Insectar Guard allow them to be summoned easier. {B}

Volucris Suicidium awkward wording but interesting enough power and Points combo. {B}
Atharm yowsa text mass. The powers are cool. I get the mobility portion is a way to move her around without needing orders, But I think sacrifices for less text would be better. Larval Cannibalism implies figures can be on spaces occupied by markers. I wish this was spelled out. {B}

And for the three that I would most want to play with:
Volucris Suicidium/Atharm
Golgari Vanguard/Mazirek, Kraul Necromancer
S’kraax Drone/Queen

Edit: Didn't get back to it in time; Let's see if my votes would have mattered...
Atharm was tied in first three ways at 8, I would have tipped them to 9.
Golgari would have been pushed to fourth at 7
S'kraax would have pushed out of the dearth of 3s to become the only 4.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards